It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant serves half fried fish - head still alive...body cooked!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Did this thread just get moved to BTS? Only asking because I don't rememeber being in BTS before, and I had to sign in to post this.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Did this thread just get moved to BTS? Only asking because I don't rememeber being in BTS before, and I had to sign in to post this.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by tamusan]

Yes.. Yes it did.

The hand of god is swift and brutal.

Condolences to the OP. May he rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
That's kinda gross. I mean can you imagine the amount of pain that fish was in? Think about being deep fried to your neck!

Some people are weird. When I cook fish I can't even keep the head or tail on.

(Welcome to BTS, it's a lovely place, far less flame wars)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
That's kinda gross. I mean can you imagine the amount of pain that fish was in? Think about being deep fried to your neck!

Some people are weird. When I cook fish I can't even keep the head or tail on.

(Welcome to BTS, it's a lovely place, far less flame wars)

Oh thank you !!

And we've apparently determined that the fish was dead, it was only reflex actions and it's OK to kill everything with malice because as long as it's dead, it doesn't care!!

We're a strange lot from Above. *Points at mushroom dude*

coh, I can feel the sticky floors down here, what do you guys do here!! oO

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by chillpill

This just means you are insensitive to other cultures and uninformed about fish.

Fish do no feel emotion or pain and lack the portions of the brain to do so. They are basically swimming machines.

You are confusing fish with Mammals I think and applying your emotions to them incorrectly.

In our Western Culture we have become detached from our own natures. Like it or not you are a Omnivore and descended from Hunter Gatherers with a system that can not survive without things found only in animal protein.

There is no difference between a Brown Bear, a Wolf or a Big Cat starting to consume its prey while still alive and us doing the same. We have the same right to survive as any other animal on this planet and those radicals who can not deal with that are naive beyond belief.

I'm on your side when it comes to dealing with Mammals being prepared for us to eat, but to pretend to feel sorry for an animal who can not feel is naive at best. In fact I'm an activist when it comes to the mistreatment of pets but that is another matter entirely. Remember in the 1990's when there was an uproar over a Lobster, which is an animal lacking even a Cerebral Cortex?

Perhaps it is the fault of schools not teaching these things, but it is likely more from people who were taught but did not pay attention.

Save your pity for suffering humans for whom a fish could be the difference between life and death. As far as this topic; its no worse than stepping on a bug.

Blaine

Thanks for your comments - I would not deliberately step on a 'bug' either. If I kill something, it's to eat or been a mistake (it's a horrible sound when you step on a snail in the dark when walking through the garden...makes me feel so bad!). I dont kill spiders, even though I am terrified of them. I respect them enough to pop em in a glass and carry them outside...even though I cannot bear them.

As to my concern for humans, I also offer pretty much the same compassion to them. I actually run a reasonably large 3rd world microfinance concern (so your comments on having no cultural sensitivity are unfounded..I also lived in Vietnam for a good few years...so I have an appreciation of the far east...how they made crab paste in the markets was particularly interesting).

My personal positive impact on humans is probably greater than my impact will ever be on animals.

However, as I have said previously - we have a choice about how we interact with everything and everyone in the world. Mammals, fishes, bugs...people...

You have your values - you choose to live the way you do. I can only learn from that.

I have my values and they are that I treat everything and everyone with respect.

I respect the food I eat, I respect the planet I live on, I respect those I do business with, I respect those people that my business supports.

Respect is key. Without that - all that exists is inhumanity.

In my paradigm, all animals (including bugs, fish...mammals) and humans deserve the SAME respect.

There is a cycle of life and death and rich and poor.

Some animals get eaten - respect them and give them a good life and as pain free a death as possible (and I am not advocating anaesthesia before anyone thinks to counter me on that one).

Some people get poor, get ill, get caught up in war. Some people get dead.
Treat them with respect as a sentient being.

Simple.

There should be a little less love on this planet and a bit more respect.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by chillpill]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

coh, I can feel the sticky floors down here, what do you guys do here!! oO

My, y'all ain't from round these parts is ya?

But can you imagine what that fish went through during cooking?

[edit on 11/19/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Yet another reason to go vedgy. As for the auzzie dude, for someone who doesnt believe in morality you certainly do according to your last post. Typical auzzie fella attitude, no wonder auzzie women cannot stand you and look abroard. And before you cry fowl, dont blame the messenger because its true as my fiancee will tell you, and she is a kickass country queeenslander

Im sorry what ?
Typical Auzzie fella ?
Just so you know its spelled A.U.S.S.I.E so you might want to get that right for starters , Then you might want to pull your head out .
It seems that theres arrogant bigots everywhere. Even in the UK which you have made abhorrently clear from your generalizing hollier then though BS attitude .

Im not gonna sink to your level ( allthough i would like to rip into you like you wouldnt believe ) But you might wanna get a sniff of fact at least before you go shooting your mouth off . It really makes you look like a grade A tool .

On Point .

This video saddens me , i am an avid supporter of animal rights though . I understand that people have to eat for survival but i think that when theres animals of any kind, suffering a line must be drawn .

Theres a right way and theres a wrong way but as 12m8keak2c said the cultural thing makes this subject a bit tough to look at in certain ways .

Omega

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'll admit that I will eat anything, but I have a strong preference that it no longer moves. I don't think I've made that point yet, as I've been too busy defending other cultures. Saying that all Chinese eat cats, all Koreans eat dogs, and all Japanese eat whale is very much the same as saying all Americans like war, all the Brits are pansies, and all the Aussie's are criminals. This is an isolated group of people in a country of around 1.5 billion.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would definitely consider that inhumane. There's just no reason for it.

They must have pulled it directly out of the water and dropped it right in the oil. I can't believe it made it through the frying process.

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I see it as being a little offputting, i mean i personaly wouldn't eat it like that, but i'm afraid we have to accept other cultures methods.

I disagree... At some point, we have to all come together and decide what is "humane"... If another culture held ritual murder in high esteem, it doesn't mean we should accept it. There are some behaviors that simply transcend cultural boundaries and should be embraced by humanity as a whole.... Of course, deciding where those lines lie...not that is a pickle...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I disagree... At some point, we have to all come together and decide what is "humane"... If another culture held ritual murder in high esteem, it doesn't mean we should accept it. There are some behaviors that simply transcend cultural boundaries and should be embraced by humanity as a whole.... Of course, deciding where those lines lie...not that is a pickle...

Totally one hundred percent in agreement with you ,
I think you nailed it in one gaz, much respect .
Cultural practices do not override doing things the wrong way .
Wrong is still wrong no matter how you spin it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join