Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Restaurant serves half fried fish - head still alive...body cooked!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ladies and Gents...

I serve you one live fish...with the body deep fried in oil. The head has been kept out of the oil to keep the fish alive when on your plate.

This is footage from a restaurant in the far east (Korea has been mooted as the location). This absolutely disgusted me.

This takes inhumane to a new level.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What can we do about this kind of cruelty.

I love eating fish - but this is wrong to me.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by chillpill]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
just another example that the world is going the wrong way !

so sad

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

I absolutely agree - I find it terrifying that this is effectively "culinary entertainment".

The animal cruelty on this planet is incredible - this proves to me that a culture which is economically rich, need not necessarily be kind.

And yes - it looks like we are going in the wrong direction. I am no vegetarian...but this type of act goes against all of my principles.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This reinforces the fact that Japanese people don't have soul's.

Atleast it's not a whale this time...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
how is it different from eating a live whitchety grub, or any other live food consumed throughout the world.

funny how because the japanese do it, that its wrong.

alive or dead, food is food. you need to stop anthropomorhising it, and just eat.

if it gets eaten, it doesnt matter how it dies. its dead. NOW .. if they just fried it and hurled it out the back, that would be a crime. but its prey. prey gets eaten. end of story. do you think the fish cares if its deep fried and eaten, or stabbed and sliced into a billion wafer thin pieces, or steamed ina can?

crikey other animals TEAR thier prey limb from limb to eat it. dont hear you complaining we should stop lions from eating gazelles. thats cruel!

ps, whale is delicious. screw those lazy giant cows of the sea!! if they dont want to be eaten, let them tell us!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

We really shouldn't be fussing over animals being eaten when we humans still butcher ourselves for no reason. At least this fish is going to feed someone whether dead or alive either way it will end up in a stomach being dead and digested. We really need to focus on stopping the killing of our own species before animals will take priority. The human animal is pretty barbaric, we like to distance ourselves from that fact because we live in a "modern" world but we're barely out of the trees as a species.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
No one in that video is speaking Japanese.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
how is it different from eating a live whitchety grub, or any other live food consumed throughout the world.

alive or dead, food is food. you need to stop anthropomorhising it, and just eat.

if it gets eaten, it doesnt matter how it dies. its dead. NOW .. if they just fried it and hurled it out the back, that would be a crime. but its prey. prey gets eaten. end of story. do you think the fish cares if its deep fried and eaten, or stabbed and sliced into a billion wafer thin pieces, or steamed ina can?

crikey other animals TEAR thier prey limb from limb to eat it. dont hear you complaining we should stop lions from eating gazelles. thats cruel!

ps, whale is delicious. screw those lazy giant cows of the sea!! if they dont want to be eaten, let them tell us!

Disagree - we may have dominion over the animals as 'prey', but it doesnt excuse abject cruelty so that we may be 'entertained' by the pain of our sustenance.

Thanks for your opinion - it was valued.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

thanks for valuing my opinion. i always appreciate when a fellow member can take an opposite view on board without getting snarky.

top job. how do i like appluad you officially and reward this excellent attitude!!

such a nice change!!

link   
Just because you're going to eat it, doesn't mean it's not cruel.

Kill things humanely, quickly.

I'm sure everyone would rather a bullet to the head than to be deep fried only to be chucked on a plate while you're still breathing so some knobhead can pull you apart slowly with his chopsticks.

link   
I do quite a bit of fishing. After I filet a fish and remove the meat thier still breathing. I've put them back in the water to see what happens and they can live up to an hour afterwards. Sometimes if they don't stop flopping I jab a knife threw thier head.

Recenly I discoverd that if I cut thier throat and bleeed them out I don't get any blood in the meat. Usualy takes about 10 minutes for them to die.

Such is the circle of life in the animal kingdom. Humans arent the only animals that kill to eat.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

dead is dead. i defy you to prove that the fish, once dead, gives a rats a^^ how it died.

in fact i defy you to prove that anyone who is dead, actually cares how they died.

i think in fact they would prefer not to die at all, than to quibble over how.

since thats not an option for game, death is as death does.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

In this case, it appears as though they're just playing with it. And even if they eat it, how long will it take for it to die? Why keep it alive? Does it taste that much better eating it alive than if it's been dead for 10 minutes?

Witchetty grubs can be eaten alive, as well as many other things, but generally they're killed very fast. In the case of the grub, one or two chews should do it.

If you watch a lion take down a gazelle, the lion goes for the throat of the animal to either break the neck or suffocate the prey. They don't pin it down and rip out the innards while the gazelle writhes in agony. It's killed as quickly as possible before being eaten, so it doesn't struggle.

This Japanese fish, though, this is just disgusting on so many levels. It doesn't make me hate the Japanese, I love their culture, but it just shows that people, in any culture, can be extremely cruel.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It is just a freaking fish people. One of the lowest forms of the food chain. It is not even self aware.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

We really shouldn't be fussing over animals being eaten when we humans still butcher ourselves for no reason. At least this fish is going to feed someone whether dead or alive either way it will end up in a stomach being dead and digested. We really need to focus on stopping the killing of our own species before animals will take priority. The human animal is pretty barbaric, we like to distance ourselves from that fact because we live in a "modern" world but we're barely out of the trees as a species.

Funnily enough, I disagree with this too. Our attitude to animals and cruelty is a direct reflection of how we view the world and interact with it.

If we are happy to do this to a fish, to beat a dog...etc., then other humans have no chance. If we - as a planet - had more respect for everything, we would have more respect for everyone.

I did not eat meat until I had earned the right to eat it - when I have physically ended something's life humanely. I eat meat, but I take no pleasure in death or contend that animals dont matter because humans are screwing each other over and that's a bigger problem..?

The last thing I would say to a friend would be,"Hey, what are you doing tonight..? The world is in a crap state...humans are excreting all over each other...there's wars...paedophiles...a credit crucnh... Tell you what, let's go out and mutilate a few animals...just for kicks. They dont matter...and besides, it will entertain us."

The small things are just as important as the large things. It's our choice as to how we take accountability and responsibility for all of our relationships - with animals and humans.

Perhaps compassion fatigue is rife on ATS?

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I see it as being a little offputting, i mean i personaly wouldn't eat it like that, but i'm afraid we have to accept other cultures methods.

I am not an angler, so someone will be able to correct me on this, but i watched a fishing programme the other day where they pan fried loads of baby eels live, and literaly ate them seconds after they hit the pan. They are apparently delicious.

Our British programme and waste of air time "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" regularly does the "Bushtucker challenge", which involves things like eating live things that would make a billy goat puke.

I think it's the fact that this fish is a lot bigger, and possibly because you can see it's face maybe?

I love sushi, but otherwise i like my meat totaly well done, so this doesn't appeal to me.

I would bet on other countries doing much worse though. I remember seing a video once of a Korean (i'm sure it was Korean) family preparing puppies for the family meal. The kids helped mum carry the live puppy to chopping board and do the business for dinner. All whilst still alive.

So whilst i don't like the way this fish is eaten, theres plenty worse out there.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
No one in that video is speaking Japanese.

i just watched the video too, they are speaking mandarin chinese or cantonese!

no japanese at all.

good spotting. i didnt even watch the vid when i commented. (: looking at it, it was obviously not served in a japanese manner..

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

thanks for valuing my opinion. i always appreciate when a fellow member can take an opposite view on board without getting snarky.

top job. how do i like appluad you officially and reward this excellent attitude!!

such a nice change!!

Nah, I like your ballsy attitude...

Straight to the point.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

i just watched the video too, they are speaking mandarin chinese or cantonese!

no japanese at all.

good spotting. i didnt even watch the vid when i commented. (: looking at it, it was obviously not served in a japanese manner..

Probably doesn't matter. People want to believe that its Japanese.

Japanese people have no souls, doncha know?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

if it gets eaten, it doesnt matter how it dies. its dead.

.... other animals TEAR thier prey limb from limb to eat it. dont hear you complaining we should stop lions from eating gazelles. thats cruel!

The saddest thing about the film was listening to people laugh as the fish struggled for breath.

The comments above are very insensitive and show a lack of respect for other life forms.

When a hawk catches a smaller bird, the initial swift action of capturing prey is to break the neck in the instant of catching it. It is merciful.

With the fish displayed in the video above, it has been tortured in hot grease and left to be eaten alive.

This is repulsive. This is barbaric. The thought of treating creatures like this shows a lack of feeling...period. And those who find it entertaining or laughable are not quite human.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join