It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant serves half fried fish - head still alive...body cooked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Anytime buddy!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That is absolutely disgusting. How someone can watch an animal suffer like that while eating them alive is really sick. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend here in America.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Thankfully as another poster pointed out the local government is going to attempt to have this menu item removed (though this is the far East and doubtful the government there really gives a hoot) and let's hope it is true. Eat meat my friends, eat meat. I love it and would never give meat up, but when I go hunting or fishing I don't needlessly put the animals in pain. It is my duty to see that they throw off their mortal coil in the most painless way possible.

Are you serious? You judge how other people treat animals even though you kill for 'sport'? (fun)

Could you explain to me what the difference is between wanting to eat your meat as fresh as possible (killing for food) and killing for fun? Although it might seem cruel to you to serve a live fish, at least the purpose of the whole scene is to feed someone.

I don't eat meat and don't approve of any of this personally but you really should try to see things from a broader perspective.

It's hypocritical to think that hunting is more 'humane' than the scene in the restaurant. You either value and respect life or you don't.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
While this is disturbing, I have seen worse. I saw a video a few years ago (in the Philippines I believe). Where they were throwing live cats and dogs into deep fryers...and skinning the animals alive.

Some societies just don't see animal cruelty disturbing, while others do.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

When a hawk catches a smaller bird, the initial swift action of capturing prey is to break the neck in the instant of catching it. It is merciful.

Merciful? That's complete anthropomorphism. They have no concept of mercy. Have you ever looked into the eyes of a raptor? It's a stone cold killer. The only reason it wants the bird dead is that carrying anything that's flapping about wildly makes it difficult to fly. No mercy. Completely selfish reasons (if we're anthropomorphizing).

Oysters anyone? Where's the line drawn for eating things 'alive'? Things with eyes? Things with legs? Things that are 'fluffy'?

Because another culture does something that you don't like doesn't make it wrong in their culture. They may object to many things done here, but you (generalised "you" as a plural...no individuals targeted) may well defend these things as an inalienable right!

Other cultures are not better. They are not worse. They are different. Projecting your beliefs, morals, squeamishness etc. onto others is wrong.

FWIW: Horse is fabulous. Why is there a taboo in eating it? Ah, yes. Because somebody probably gave a horse a name. Never give a name to anything you might have to eat. Why is horse any different from pig, cow, deer, rabbit, chicken etc.? It's actually a very nutritious and healthy meat.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Another joke thread here on ATS.....

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Pain is pain. Causing it for your own enjoyment is disgusting.

See. No anthropomorphism. Simple reflection on your character as a human being.

If your culture enjoys brutality, it sure is something I can judge. That judgement is not kind.

You enjoy brutality and cruelty, you are disgusting.

Simple. Easy. And I don't give a flying rat's bottom if you want to play culture pluralism games with me. That grey stuff between your ears is meant for something. Judging things is one of its primary uses. You should try it sometime.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
do the same with the Chef who served it!...I will have no problem with it..

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

What can you say to educate us about china?
I can show you something about the mentality towards animals there.
HIS FLAYED BODY IS TOSSED INTO A PILE, HE RAISES HIS HEAD AND LOOKS AT HIS BODY BEFORE HE BECOMES STILL.
THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN A SHANGCUN MARKET IN CHINA.
Watch at your own risk-extremely graphic!!!!!
www.peta.org...
I will never agree with Japan, China, or any other freakin' messed up place in the world that treats animals with no respect.
Not speaking to you directly, but to all those others out there that make it a sport or just don't care. All of you can start your own torture clan in Hell.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Cheer up, folks. The head may be alive, but the bit they're eating is dead. It's been fried, after all.

Besides, you have to admit, this is one way of being quite sure the fish is fresh.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is all sorts of messed up.

That's all i have to say about it, but for the sake of t&c, i guess i'll have to add something more.

Even if fish don't feel pain, even if it doesn't matter how an animal died since it's going to die anyway, even if cruelty is common in nature (all of those are not my personal believes), even if all of those points were true, why in the world would anyone wish to eat a still living creature? It's not just morally wrong, it's also very disgusting.

And pointless. This is not about nutrition or health or tradition, it's done either in the name of "man, i'm eating a fish that's still alive, i'm so cool and unconventional" or out of pure sadism.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
English speaking person eating live fish at what appears to be popular American pet store chain

What do you guys think of that? I am not certain if he is actually eating fish, can't really see them.

I am an American, and I will be the first to say that many Americans are very cruel and unusual to animals and each other. Just as many Chinese would be mortified at the cooking of a live fish as we are.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
alive or dead, food is food. you need to stop anthropomorhising it, and just eat.

if it gets eaten, it doesnt matter how it dies. its dead. NOW .. if they just fried it and hurled it out the back, that would be a crime. but its prey. prey gets eaten. end of story.

If you kill an animal for food, that's nature. But if you purposefully keep it alive and suffering for the sake of "culinary entertainment", then that is wrong. There is no respect involved in doing this and it is far from necessary.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

You make it appear as if all Chinese are brutal to animals. This is not the case. I am 50% Chinese and I don't eat any meat at all, same as the majority of my family. In my family animals are treated with the same respect as humans are, I doubt many people here can say the same.

That said I respect everyone's way of life, whether or not I agree with what they do or not. It's up to them, getting angry about it is not going to change anything. Judging them is also not going to help anyone, especially since we don't do much better in the West. I have a choice not to participate, just as others have their choice. If they want to eat live animals, who are we to tell them it's wrong?

Here in the West we also treat animals badly. Have you ever visited a pigfarm or seen how the chicken are 'housed' where we get our eggs from? It is equally brutal as far as I'm concerned.

The way they eventually die doesn't change the fact that they have led miserable lives. Anyone who eats meat is equally guilty of animal brutality as far as I'm concerned. Just because you are not the one to make the kill doesn't make it more humane.

It's fine if you are against animal brutality, I am against it as well. But saying that China and Japan are messed up places because you see and hear bad things about them really doesn't mean that everyone in those countries participates. According to your logic ALL the World is messed up because sadly both human and animal brutality are common around the globe.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

I am 50% Chinese and I don't eat any meat at all, same as the majority of my family.

I know many Chinese who eat no meat at all. Have a star!

[edit on 18-11-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by virricocha
[
Second submission - "There is no greater good". OMG!! Doesn't really need rebutting does it. Probably the strangest thing I have read for some t

don't try talking the nihilists out of their err, ideals, it will one reinforce them. he even revealed his cards from post one, so to speak. draw your own conclusions, but i don't see why you would want to share them with him/her.

back on topic, whenever i see something as senseless as this i wonder whether they're doing it just make news. if not, there's always sadism, right?

Originally posted by Mokoman

Are you serious? You judge how other people treat animals even though you kill for 'sport'? (fun)

maybe he's keeping the meat in the freezer for later, just a thought.

[edit on 2009.11.18 by Long Lance]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

Great post.
Star for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Getting past the ego and self righteousness competiton that's been going on.

Is there any reason to keep something you are going to eat alive while you eat it?

No matter what your background or your beliefs, is it necessary to make sure something suffers longer than it needs to?

Pain for dinner.

Really?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

No matter what your background or your beliefs, is it necessary to make sure something suffers longer than it needs to?

Longer than it needs to? What do you recon would be an acceptable amount of suffering? And what would make your 'norm' more acceptable than another?

Are you saying here that suffering is alright, as long as we keep it to a minimum?

There is no need for any animal to suffer on our account, we only make them suffer to indulge ourselves. There is no need for any of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

do you think plant really want to be eaten? or that they just evolved to deal with it? You can sit and mumble about the respect for life and never eating any meat, but even going and having a carrot is just as disrespectfull to all life LOL. Carrots dont want to be eaten.... no plant wants some *snip* to rip it from teh ground and grind its body up with teeth. So just go *snip* die.

still making something needlessly suffer is very bad and i do not condone it... although we all got to eat.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Wertdagf]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join