It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology 'a criminal organisation': Nick Xenophon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Scientology 'a criminal organisation': Nick Xenophon

www.heraldsun.com.a u

INDEPENDENT senator Nick Xenophon has accused the Church of Scientology of being a criminal organisation.
The South Australian parliamentarian said he had been contacted by a number of former Scientologists, after he questioned the organisation's tax exempt status in a recent television interview.

"They have provided long and detailed letters to me about the workings of this organisation,'' he told the Senate today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
An Aussie politican sounding off about the 'religion'. So what's he going to do, try and ban it? We'll see... I don't know how much power or balls that he has to take it further.

I think that Scientology is a joke... but as long as the other joke religions are allowed to enjoy all of their benefits, then so should Scientology.

Besides, the accusations of abuse, mentioned in the article, can be applied to any religion, not just Scientology.

What annoys me the most, though, is when the Aussie Government refused to acknowledge Jedi as a religion. It specifically warned people not to write down Jedi as their religion on a past census paper.

What's wrong with one more fantastical organisation, considering there are already so many of them now?

www.heraldsun.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Pretty much summed up my thoughts already, tezzajw

Scientology is just a more-open variation on the same theme, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
For countries that protect Religious Rights while keeping a Wall of Separation between Government and Religion, the issue of Scientology becomes a precarious one.

As such, these Governments have no right dictating what constitutes valid Religious Belief, as such would violate that Wall of Separation. You cannot say that Scientology beliefs are any less valid than say Christian beliefs in a Virgin Birth or a Wiccan's Three-fold Law. That's an avenue that no Democratic Government should be going down.

I think the French handled the situation regarding the questionable practices of Scientology the best way that can be done. If you bring them up in Court, then make it based on the way they conduct Financial Business, not upon their Religious Beliefs. They should be allowed the same Religious Rights and the next, but they shouldn't be able to conduct financial racketeering and pyramid schemes under the guise of Religion either. They still have to abide the same Financial Laws as the next Religion...and if it is found that they are not, then they deserve getting the legal book thrown at them.

As far as I'm concerned the Church of Scientology has every right to believe in Xenu and the Galactic Confederacy. They have the right to conduct Thetan Audits. However, they should not be allowed to legally conduct business in the same manner which we condemn the Mafia from conducting their own.

However, it is reassuring that the backlash against Scientology is gaining steam world-wide. Yesterday France, today Australia...and maybe tomorrow it will be the United States.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Because what they are trying to potray, the main stream religions, are the right ones, those whom challenge doctorine of the PTB's plus those at the head of the major religions,way of thinking, are demons, false prophets, etc. They do not belong in mainstream socitety as a whole.

Now I am not defending Scientology, In fact I would not even back an eye lid at that so called religion or charity, or cult which it has been called in the uk.

I do believe every persons right to believe in whoch ever, aslong as it does not indanger thier family, or relatives.

Since Scientology has been formed there has been umerous cases of this occuring, through suicides, families being spilt up etc. So how do we as a society react to this, without being influenced. That is my question.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here's an update...

It appears that our esteemd Prime Minister, Krudd, also has some concerns about the Scientologists.

He's a committed Church going Christian, so maybe there's something in it for him to try and destroy a few false prophets.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I heard this on the news this morning and started laughing.
Whilst there are any religions they cant do anything, but we can name it a cult, and if it gets that status, it looses is tax exempt status as a religion that it holds.

Personally I dont see much difference between Xenu ( or whatever that aliens name is) blowing up souls in a volcano with a nuclear bomb, compared to a burning bush or following a pillar of smoke or people turning to pillars of salt, Its all silly stories.

Zazz.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I heard this on the news this morning and started laughing.
Whilst there are any religions they cant do anything, but we can name it a cult, and if it gets that status, it looses is tax exempt status as a religion that it holds.

Now the Scientologists will gather what ever dirt they can and smear those who are "suppressives" vis. (Wiki) en.wikipedia.org...

In 1965 Hubbard formulated the "Fair Game Law", which states how to deal with people who interfere with Scientology's activities. These problematic people, called suppressive persons, could be considered "fair game" for retaliation:

A Suppressive Person or Group becomes fair game. By FAIR GAME is meant, may not be further protected by the codes and disciplines or the rights of a Scientologist.[4]

Later in December of that year, Hubbard reissued the Fair Game policy with additional clarifications to define the scope of Fair Game. He made it clear that the policy applied to non-Scientologists as well. He declared:

The homes, property, places and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to: suppress Scientology or Scientologists are all beyond any protection of Scientology Ethics, unless absolved by later Ethics or an amnesty ... this Policy Letter extends to suppressive non-Scientology wives and husbands and parents, or other family members or hostile groups or even close friends.[5]

Hubbard made it clear elsewhere in his writings that the policy would be applied to external organizations, including governments, that were guilty of having interfered with Scientology's activities. He told Scientologists:

If the Internal Revenue Service (in refusing the FCDC [Founding Church of Scientology, Washington DC] non-profit status) continues to act up or if the FDA does sue we can of course Comm Ev [Committee of Evidence] them and if found guilty, label and publish them as a Suppressive Group and fair game ... [N]one is fair game until he or she declares against us.[6]

The policy was further extended in an October 1967 Policy Letter (HCOPL 18 Oct 67 Issue IV, Penalties for Lower Conditions), where Hubbard defined the "penalties" for an individual deemed to be in a "Condition of Enemy":

ENEMY — SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.[7]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Im a scientologist so i tend to lead one way normally in these issues. I do not see what people's problem with the church is.
The church does not have to pay taxes because it is a church, big deal. They are not taking YOUR money so what is the problem?
You can cherry pick your information on any organization and call it criminal. And sure the church trys to stop people from posting their copyrighted work and that is normal. The owners of ATS would not be happy if someone cloned the website and called it above top secret and sold T-shirts with the ATS logo on them. But mostly it is to prevent stuff like this conservapedia.com... from happening with scientology books.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good on him. Scientology is a joke and a criminal organisation. It should not be funded by tax payer dollars.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
His comments made the local TV news, so we shall see what comes of it.

Who knows?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Im a scientologist so i tend to lead one way normally in these issues. I do not see what people's problem with the church is.
The church does not have to pay taxes because it is a church, big deal. They are not taking YOUR money so what is the problem?
You can cherry pick your information on any organization and call it criminal. And sure the church trys to stop people from posting their copyrighted work and that is normal. The owners of ATS would not be happy if someone cloned the website and called it above top secret and sold T-shirts with the ATS logo on them. But mostly it is to prevent stuff like this conservapedia.com... from happening with scientology books.

Thats where your wrong, if you get tax free status for a shame organization then yes you are STEALING my money...and every other citizen.

You want fair game...bring it on, I'll show you my fair game.

Whats copyright of religious material? Imagine the bible being copyrighted and not being reproduced...
Sham

[edit on 18-11-2009 by 297GT]

[edit on 18-11-2009 by 297GT]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Didn't realise there was already a thread on this, I started one up but won't re-post everything.

The main topic was that the Senators name is quite similar to Xenu (Xenophon)..

My thread is here:

Xenuphon or Xenophon?

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Im a Marty]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yes, Scientology IS evil.

It wrecked my sister's life.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
About time someone did something about these psychotic douches.

It's not a religion, it's just a really really terrible joke.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Yes, Scientology IS evil.
It wrecked my sister's life.

Some basic details, maybe?

Nothing to reveal any identities, but is there anything to substantiate the claims that they are criminals?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
The main topic was that the Senators name is quite similar to Xenu (Xenophon)..

My thread is here:

Xenuphon or Xenophon?

All we need now is another connection to Blackwater.....Xe.

Seems to me that scientology is also connected to Rosicrucians. They always put a big rose on their buildings when they have a dedication.

Also, I have read that when members try to leave they have sent thugs to track them down and bring them back. Then, they put them through some sort of "exit" programming before they will let them go. Damage control, if you will.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Here's an update...

It appears that our esteemd Prime Minister, Krudd, also has some concerns about the Scientologists.

He's a committed Church going Christian, so maybe there's something in it for him to try and destroy a few false prophets.

I was waiting for this, an accusation regarding the politicians, in this case the PM's, own religion.

It's amazing how not even the Scientologists who have been on TV today giving interviews on the issue, made such accusations.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
You watch, now that Xenophon and Krudd have spoken out against the $cilons, they will become "Fair Game" and the $ci-fakes will begin a smear campaign against them.

Good thing there are quite a few Aussie Anonymous members to keep them in check. This should become very interesting to watch over the next few months!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

What are your crimes?

You want to know what peoples problems are with Scientology? Start with these videos....

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Kryties]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join