It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology 'a criminal organisation': Nick Xenophon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Im a scientologist so i tend to lead one way normally in these issues. I do not see what people's problem with the church is.

That's normal, Scientology is a cult with a cult mentality, vis.
Cult pejoratively refers to a group whose beliefs or practices could be considered strange or sinister.[1] The term was originally used to denote a system of ritual practices. The narrower, derogatory sense of the word is a product of the 20th century, especially since the 1980s, and is a result of the anti-cult movement, which uses the term in reference to groups seen as authoritarian, exploitative and possibly dangerous.
end quote

But mostly it is to prevent stuff like this conservapedia.com... from happening with scientology books.

The site you point to is about translation, the bible is a book translated from ancient languages, Hubbard wrote in english

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit

Im a scientologist so i tend to lead one way normally in these issues. I do not see what people's problem with the church is.

That's normal, Scientology is a cult with a cult mentality, vis.

It was just me being honest, it has nothing to do with cult mentality. If scientology is a religion or not could be debated.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by spellbound
Yes, Scientology IS evil.
It wrecked my sister's life.

Some basic details, maybe?

Nothing to reveal any identities, but is there anything to substantiate the claims that they are criminals?

I know several people who spent a great deal of their lives as Scientologists, and they all have experienced systematic abuse as a result of the organization's policies. I don't care what anyone believes. I do have a problem when an organisation enforces policies that hurt people. I'm glad someone in a government has the courage to stand up to this Mafia-like organisation.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The thing is with Scientology is that they con people into giving them money,
Fill them with BS stories and say that by believing what they tell you and accepting what they say and changing your life, you'll somehow be better off and lead a better life.

They prey on the weak and gullible and use fear and bully tactics to make believers stay faithful and keep donating.

Hang on...

That's just organised religion in general.

Oh well.... carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join