It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Mortified By Obama's Bow

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

For once I haven't read the whole thread primarily because I know it is 99% sure to be the usual doo doo fight between the Barry haters & Kool Aiders. BUT, the Japanese would NOT be mortified as disproportionate hysteria is not their style.
The Japanese response would certainly be along the lines of "Oh dear, another gauche Gaijin. They NEVER get it right. Oh well, what do you expect, he isn't Japanese".
End of story.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
My wife is Japanese and I just showed her the pic. She said the bow is perfectly fine :-)

Me too - Hiroshima! Mine too - just a bit awkward is all!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You can slice dice and wedge this thing till the cows come home; bottom line is Barry is a Bafoon. He does not have an innate sense of what is and is not proper behavior. Just further proof this character was plucked off a Chicago block party and told he was going to be the next US Prez.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Really? "Bafoon"?

Well, seems that President Obama's mistake was in forgetting the more traditional form of greeting to be used in Japan, first introduced some years ago during a previous Administration....throwing up in your host's lap...

(BTW isn't there a T&C about disrespecting politcal figures here on the Boards? And, who is this "Barry" guy???)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Bombeni

Really? "Bafoon"?

Well, seems that President Obama's mistake was in forgetting the more traditional form of greeting to be used in Japan, first introduced some years ago during a previous Administration....throwing up in your host's lap...

(BTW isn't there a T&C about disrespecting politcal figures here on the Boards? And, who is this "Barry" guy???)

Barry Sotero. Google it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Personally I believe that this is a huge sign of weakness, I to believe that far too many of our bravest have died to ensure that we never have to grovel with weakness in front of other leaders. I mean call me old school or arrogant but I do not believe that we should ever let the world see displays of weakness, unless it is just a ruse to lull the enemy into complacency.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
--------------Thread Update--------------

Well, 8 year train wreck

it's almost over

Yay!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
He is a moron surrounded by people ill-prepared to advise him.

They should all be wearing pointy hats.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
TPOTUS showing adamant respect to foreign dignitaries?

Horrible! Weak! Secret Mooslim!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join