It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Mortified By Obama's Bow

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
A slight bow would have been appropriate, but Obama nearly doubled over, it's just plain rediculous.

It has nothing to do with this "Oh Obama can't do anything right".

The truth is, he really can't do anything right. His presidency, even in it's early stages still has been abysmal.

All the promises he made that he road to POTUS he has gone back on.

Also I'm tired of the race card too. The guy is just as much white as he is black. Actually imo he's MORE white than black, since his MOTHER was white.

He's just a goos speaker, and a good "figurehead". But nowadays, people are waking up, and being just that doesn't cut it anymore. You actually gotta DO Some stuff. nd he hasn't done anything right. Except putting his foot in his mouth every chance he gets, and looking like a fool.

Did the Japanese emperor even return that rediculous bow? I bet he just nodded his head, like Obama Should have done. Who is coaching this guy on public relations? They should be fired. I can't believe he even listened when they told him to bow down to a 90 degree angle.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think the Japanese felt that Obama was stereotyping them with that over the top bow, taking them back 500 years. He is such a baffoon. I'm not Japanese but it pizzes me off too.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I think the Japanese felt that Obama was stereotyping them with that over the top bow, taking them back 500 years. He is such a baffoon. I'm not Japanese but it pizzes me off too.

Rather than state what YOU think the Japanese think...why not take their word for it? Or did you read the thread.

Ex-pats from Japan have posted on this thread as well as Japanese...both have stated that in Japan this is not news and no one cares...if anything the strange part about it is the crazy stuff being said by far right pundits.

This is just like the anti-healthcare reform folks saying that the UK and Canada hate their own healthcare system....

It's like the rest of the world doesn't exist and when actual Japanese, Canadians or UK citizens pipe up and explain the truth idiots ignore them and stick to what "they think" those people think!!

It's just such insane ignorance and frankly embarassing that the rest of the world has to witness the arrogant ignorance of the far right in our country.

The Japanese are NOT mortified...there are no news articles from Japan saying so...just news articles wondering why some Americans think the bow was a big deal...

IGNORANCE CELEBRATED

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sorry, but I have problems with someone being "mortified" with a show of such considerable respect. Our President showed an SOP for a Japenese head of state, the figure head of the Emporor even more important. Bowing to the Prime Minister would have been out of line. I also question the people of Japan being "mortified" with such a gesture.

How do we know this? Who said what to indicate who feels what? The President kissing his foot, (or a higher body part...) would of couse been over the top, to say the least. I admire what Obama did. It proved a gracious gesture, at least to me. It took a secure and confident man to do what Obama did. (please forgive spelling).

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think Obama's bow to the Japanese Emperor is funny, though it's a shame the media has made such a big deal out of it. I'm sure the President has been kicking himself in the ass since, and no doubt is extremely embarassed over it. People do screw up, and Obama is no exception. I remember seeing back in the seventies, a front page photo of a village blacksmith who after taking hold of Queen/Princess Juliana of the Netherlands hand, closed his eyes and kissed the back of his own hand. Imagine trying to live that one, down. I think it was Reagan who stepped off his plane, and because of a screwup by his interpreter, told Gorbachev he lusted after him. We've all had our embarassing moments, but at least most of us don't have the media hounding us and ready to pounce on them. If I happen to trip over a crack in the sidewalk or step in dog poo, the first thing I do is look around, hoping no one else seen it. People such as Obam and co. don't have that luxury, and any time they do something stupid and or funny, they are immediately busted. lol!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I thinks its funny how the liberals went from just a couple of years ago bashing the former president and they are now on the defense. How does it feel?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My wife is Japanese and I just showed her the pic. She said the bow is perfectly fine :-)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

I want to know????

Those who gave the next poster STARS to mine why?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
I think Obama's bow to the Japanese Emperor is funny, though it's a shame the media has made such a big deal out of it. I'm sure the President has been kicking himself in the ass since, and no doubt is extremely embarassed over it. People do screw up, and Obama is no exception. I remember seeing back in the seventies, a front page photo of a village blacksmith who after taking hold of Queen/Princess Juliana of the Netherlands hand, closed his eyes and kissed the back of his own hand. Imagine trying to live that one, down. I think it was Reagan who stepped off his plane, and because of a screwup by his interpreter, told Gorbachev he lusted after him. We've all had our embarassing moments, but at least most of us don't have the media hounding us and ready to pounce on them. If I happen to trip over a crack in the sidewalk or step in dog poo, the first thing I do is look around, hoping no one else seen it. People such as Obam and co. don't have that luxury, and any time they do something stupid and or funny, they are immediately busted. lol!

Thats not what you liberals were saying when bush bowed to the saudi king.

Can you believe how STUPID Bush is? What does he achieve by doing this? Scorn? What a pathetic excuse for a President? He is just beyond clueless about Islam? What other explanation is there? Saudis put that bitch in her place. Ann Coulter always defends Bush. Wonder how she is going to defend this? It it wasn't so pathetic and dangerous to us all, it would be laughable.

Link

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The picture is indeed better than a thousand words. Such simplicity is a breath of fresh air, but I am more incensed by the fact that Obama's White house staff handlers appear to be intentionally providing inappropriate executive posturing advice in an attempt to embarass Obama for some alterior globalist motive.

Who knows, but the White house staff is not doing its job and Obama shoud have fired someone, but what I am talking about? This president is indeed nothing but a globalist NWO puppet if he continues to do nothing so poorly.

This continued behaviour will continue to embarass someone, but sooner or later someone with nuclear weapons may contend that America is so gone out in left field that they will attempt to invade America and bring us the change that will change the face of the planet forever.

The current system is so corrupt that nothing and no one is truly policing the criminals or bringing anyone to justice. Its as if justice doesnt exist any longer.

The only other ingredient missing is chaos and I fear these idiots in charge are more than capable of messing up with regularity.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i guess the protocol team from chicago better google proper etiquette....if they can make such a blunder it makes me wonder how they are going to handle the big foreign issues...what a joke

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I honestly don't recall that episode of Bush bowing to the Saudi king. Are you talking about G.W.? Here in Canada I've found that no matter what political party gets elected, politicians are all the same...full of # and empty promises, and only interested in the nice fat pension at the end of their term in office. The Liberals ruined the country by opening our doors wide to anyone claiming refugee status. I have no problem with anyone wanting a better life for themselves and their families, but many of these so-called refugees were criminals on the run from the law in their own countries, and have since found easier pickings here in Canada. White Christian born Canadians have lost many of our rights, whilst the Muslims etc. get everything they demand of the government. No more Lord's Prayer in the schools, no more kids' Christmas pageants, yet the Muslims have special rooms set aside where they can say their prayers, so don't call me a Liberal! I broke my back at work, and my wife and I lost our home and all we had worked hard for, during my four year fight for a disability pension, yet these people can come over here and get everything handed to them, including welfare, free health care and housing, and thanks to their religious teachings and beliefs, some day might even slit our throats as we sleep!
I'm getting wound up, so I'd better quit!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We were always taught that to show the back of your neck while bowing to another person is a sign of great disrespect.
So is Obama being subservient or disrespectful?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And we all knew this was coming ...

Here's a picture of obama bowing before the chinese premier.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bca20f0d5f7.jpg[/atsimg]

The thing is that he has no problem bowing to any foreign leader that will shake his hand, but he can't even put his hand over his heart when the national anthem is played.

[edit on 11/24/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I had guessed it was the height difference. Barack Obama as I had guessed is over six feet tall. He's like eight inches taller than the other guy. Mr. Obama had chosen the right course of action as bending at the knees would have appeared more offensive and weak bodied.

Originally posted by Nichiren
My wife is Japanese and I just showed her the pic. She said the bow is perfectly fine :-)

That is good to hear.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I reckon we should trade Obama for our Prince Phillip, then you'd really have something to talk about when it comes to cultural ettiquette and embarrassing moments.

This whole page, and more links at the side, are slips up's by Buckingham Palace's finest.

Prince Phillip slip-ups

CX.

Really? why would we take back any royalty? we got rid of them when we kicked you'alls ass back in the day.
What you folk need to do is get rid of the whole inbred lot and quit treating them like your superiors.
That is unless you need them for something? It seems to me they are really good for nothing just living for free off the people.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by joey_hv]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And then there is this one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f81a7709ab4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There he goes again, having it his way.

ooops, already there

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Come on man!!

Posts like this make all the people who genuinely don't like Obama, not based on his race or creed but because of the his obvious tendencies to be puppeteered.

How is Obama bowing to a China man any different than all the rest of our representatives laying on their backs, forcing their legs behind their heads and spreading their butt cheeks any time a Chinese Communists party member walks by?

Bush massaged an Arab princes tonsils with his tongue and we are outraged because Obama give a bow to the Emperor of Japan? And we frown upon him bowing to a Chinese Communist that has has all ready impregnated the throats of all our leaders?

And why are the American people so worried and bewildered over the fact that Obama did not hold his hand over his heart?

What you should be worried about is the fact that he did not Take the oath during his inauguration. It was supposedly later done behind closed doors.....

Now that was unprecedented if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK here we go...

When our Allies are embarrassed then you know there is something afoot. It's one thing to show cultural respect but too much Kowtowing makes one look weak. One could only imagine the type of groveling that went on behind closed doors in Beijing.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Beijing in China. What does Beijing have to do with the Japanese and them being "Mortified" by his Bow? And also from the pictures it dosent appear that they are offended in any way by his bow they pretty much have the same expression in all the other pictures. And one more thing Who really gives a flying *#$@. Try Researching and posting things that are actually informational and useful to the ATS Community. Crap like this just degrades the site and makes us look stupid. You should be thankful im not a Mod or this thread would have been deleted.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join