It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Intresting, an sort of an HalfLife type scenario..

But, would the LHC count as 'creating matter out of energy' ?
As I am thinking of John Dee and the deal he made with the Macrobes.

Holy crap! I never even made the connection to Half Life. Great catch!

Haven't there already been Gordon Freeman sightings at the LHC?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'm more worried about them creating strange matter than anything else. If a demon jumped through, I'd be relieved that it was just a demon instead of something that will turn the planet into a quark star.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
No one really knows what is going to happen when they start the LHC test up. It is quite possible it could open up a door or portal to another dimension. It could also be quite uneventful to the average person. I find it exciting myself and actually look forward to it.

Either way the term opening a door reminds me of a song from a band about just that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Two possibilities.... Sliders or Stargate, and maybe a time portal. What if creatures in another timeline or multiverse dimension are doing exactly what we are doing at the same time so that both on each end snap the switch on at the same time. You have an open doorway to somewhere. Personally, if we don't create a black hole, I think what will happen is we will open up a doorway into another universe that looks like us. When it opens, the eight or nine scientists that loom through it will be looking at the eight or nine scientists looking back. At first it will appear to be a mirror image, but once checked out someone will step through the doorway and into the other universe.

In the end it will be a frustration because almost nothing will be different there from here and vise versa. Yet if by modification they can dilate time so as to peer into the past they will find random change the further they go back, and or, forward (according to John Titor).

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jackboot.Heel
The bravery of mankind never ceases to amaze..

Having played Doom back in the day, I have a hearty dislike of opening portals to anywhere. Considering that they are openly admitting to not having the damnedest clue about what their actually doing, it seems like maybe someone should go and kick that thing in the circuit box before we wind up Knee Deep in the Dead.

More like the stupidity of mankind to go where angels fear to tread.
I would recommend keeping a close look on this story.If it should work,
it might end up being pandora's box.
Since I believe that UFO's are interdimensional and not extraterrestrial,
it will be interesting to see what happens.I am going to run and hide!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

"Out of this door might come something, or we might send something through it,"

Wow, he makes it sound like they are building a version of the star gate.

I wanna go through it.... Send me please.

Edit: Another thought. This reminds me of the movie "Contact" w/ Jodie Foster. Remember when they built this huge contraption w/ plans from outer space... Then the gov't covered everything all up.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The November CERN LHC CASTOR experiment to produce strangelets is coming up soon. Thought I'd bump this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join