It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC

www.theregister.co.uk

A top boffin at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) says that the titanic machine may possibly create or discover previously unimagined scientific phenomena, or "unknown unknowns" - for instance "an extra dimension".

"Out of this door might come something, or we might send something through it," said Sergio Bertolucci, who is Director for Research and Scientific Computing at CERN, briefing reporters including the Reg at CERN HQ earlier this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Who knows? Perhaps the thing will sabotage itself from the future again.

I must admit that despite trying very hard, the whole concept of the Higgs Field and what they are trying to achieve me elludes me on a conceptual level. I did hear an interesting anecdote, however. The so called "God Particle" the machine is trying to discover is actually a misnomer. Apparently the original nickname was the "G-D'ed Particle" because of the frustration scientists were having in isolating it. The name was shortened for the press but of course entailed a whole slew of new controversy.

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If its anything like Jeff Goldbloom in the Fly im going to be seriously freaked out.

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It doesn't sound very good.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I wrote a thread along those lines a few months ago

Apollyon, The Bottomless pit and The Large Hadron Collider

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Intresting, an sort of an HalfLife type scenario..

But, would the LHC count as 'creating matter out of energy' ?
As I am thinking of John Dee and the deal he made with the Macrobes.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hopefully 'The Mist' by Stephen King is not prophetic!

I hope "something" comes through, I need some damn excitement. I'm tired of hearing about Fox News and people dying. Maybe MJ will come moonwalking out of a portal!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Fly, The Mist...

I'm hoping it will be more like Buckaroo Bonsai or Army of Darkness myself.

I think they are going to get lots of these Higgs Field particles, like they already have in small amounts in Illinois. But I doubt that's actually going to lead to them opening up another dimension. If so, they better wait till I get there cause they won't have a clue what to do!

Forget Space. The 5th Dimension is the New Frontier!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

"Out of this door might come something..."

What door?! So they're actually admitting it will open an interdimensional portal? I knew the official reasons for it's existance was crap...

Same as the "bird dropping bread on it" as the cause for it breaking down. Too bad if it rains...

This machine has an extremely evil purpose, and there are good forces stopping it from being activated.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

"Out of this door might come something..."

What door?! So they're actually admitting it will open an interdimensional portal? I knew the official reasons for it's existance was crap...

Same as the "bird dropping bread on it" as the cause for it breaking down. Too bad if it rains...

This machine has an extremely evil purpose, and there are good forces stopping it from being activated.

why on earth would anybody want to stop this? i hope something comes through, it will enlighten us.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
We will finally get to see MartyMcfly and the Doc on their cool train that we never got a fourth sequal to.
Or..we are just messing with something that we shouldnt be getting involved with.
I hope the human race is really that stupid so this thing doesnt work.
If it does work, what should I expect? I just watched 2012 and now I am a litle more paranoid than yesterday_jk(noImNot).

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It also reminds me of :

- What I will do tonight can never be undone!

I will open a portal...

...and awaken the Ogdru Jahad:

The Seven Gods of Chaos!

[Battle scene. The portal is destroyed]

- It's almost over.

- No, it's not. The portal's been open for too long. Something may have come through.

Well if I have to choose, I prefer seeing Hellboy coming through the portal at the CERN than the Ogdru Jahad. But that's just my choice

[edit on 17-11-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hey Check this out.. Whatever happens..We will be able to see it. They Got Web Cams !!!

lhc-machine-outreach.web.cern.ch...

SpaceGoatsFarts - Oh dude, you just spoiled the movie for me.

KISS were really pandas? Now it all makes perfect sense!

[edit on 17-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Connection Interrupted! Network server reset!
Suuuuuuuure we can watch!!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Intresting, an sort of an HalfLife type scenario..

But, would the LHC count as 'creating matter out of energy' ?
As I am thinking of John Dee and the deal he made with the Macrobes.

Dont worry Gordon Freeman is on it
pds10.egloos.com...

oh yea, and this guy also
forums.kraken.fr...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm thinking of the portal that Alistair Crowley opened in 1946,through what was known as "Babylon Working".

Do we want that on a grand scale?!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I will be watching all news on the LHC with interest, very interesting subject, so much controversy, and conspiracy around it.

Anything could come through, or nothing could come through.

We'll see i guess.

It could be the greatest thing we've ever made, or our worst nightmare.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87
I will be watching all news on the LHC with interest, very interesting subject, so much controversy, and conspiracy around it.

Anything could come through, or nothing could come through.

We'll see i guess.

It could be the greatest thing we've ever made, or our worst nightmare.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Lister87]

"During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants, they chose a new form for him - that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you!"

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The bravery of mankind never ceases to amaze..

Having played Doom back in the day, I have a hearty dislike of opening portals to anywhere. Considering that they are openly admitting to not having the damnedest clue about what their actually doing, it seems like maybe someone should go and kick that thing in the circuit box before we wind up Knee Deep in the Dead.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Maybe the LHC was build with this prospect entirely in mind, and it's just a tool to help the PTB with disclosure.

The LHC does it's stuff, opens up a (insert whatever you think it will open up), and low and behold the ET's will emerge.

Now if that doesn't give them an excuse for martial law, i don't know what will?

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join