It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Something may come through' dimensional 'doors' at LHC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jackboot.Heel
The bravery of mankind never ceases to amaze..

Having played Doom back in the day, I have a hearty dislike of opening portals to anywhere. Considering that they are openly admitting to not having the damnedest clue about what their actually doing, it seems like maybe someone should go and kick that thing in the circuit box before we wind up Knee Deep in the Dead.

Verily, we live in dark times reminiscent of medieval era, with the difference that this time the source of "knowledge" is a damn video game.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Whatever may come thru may have already around when SOUL OF INTEGRITY POSTED ASKING EARTH WHY DID YOU MAKE A BLACK HOLE???? Dont worry about it though it will be ok in the BEGINNING. I am not in fear infact I welcome them to EARTH the BATTLE IS CLOSE!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
u no if we do open a portal and so me thing comes out whats the chance its friendly or even intelligent what if its some type of inter dimensional animal or something i think we should be cautious a bit take 1 step at a time with this LHC

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`
u no if we do open a portal and so me thing comes out whats the chance its friendly or even intelligent what if its some type of inter dimensional animal or something i think we should be cautious a bit take 1 step at a time with this LHC

unfortunatley friend its running and they have taken peeks at things they shouldnt have this speeds up things tremendously. EVER WATCH THE MOVIE THE MIST-MABEY NOT THAT TYPE OF ENDING FOR ONCE OPEN THERE IS NO CLOSING. SMH @ SMART SCIENTIST

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`

I think being cautious is something i would agree on with this lol

I've got my wrecking bar at the ready just incase it's a zombie.

You know what, with all the concerns about the risks of the LHC destroying the world and opening up portals and the likes, i think the most crappy job in the world right now would have to be health and safety officer for the LHC!

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He was employing the use of a METAPHOR people. A colloquialism.

For love of all that is holy people!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Dont you guys understand? Nothing will come out of any door they just made an interesting sci fi story possibility so they could attract public attention and get more money from the media

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Danna]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

I was just thinking that. Ugh if that ends up happening, then it would be the end of mankind as we know it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't end up like the infamous Philidelphia/Montauk Project. The following is a witness testimony.

So they achieved a working time portal. At one point they had a situation where they had a "monster from the ID" type creature come through and everyone went into a panic. They shut the transmitter off. The creature ate people and equipment. They had to go back and shut down the unit in Philadelphia in order to shut off the unit in the future so they could stop this creature in 1983. This was on August 12,1983. The vortex locked on to the 12 August 1943 test and formed a loop. All this occurred because someone planted the thought in the mind of the operator in the chair to generate this creature. It was an effort to sabotage the project. source

[edit on 17-11-2009 by ListenD]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well it doesn't have to be a monster...it can be a particle or sub-atomic reaction that shouldn't be within anywhere near the earth. The fact that there are so many unknowns and so many self assured scientists is unsettling. Though, If some creature emerged, I must admit, it would be exciting.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i don't know if this has been thrown out there...

but does it make sense that there needs to be a door opened up on the other side?

i mean..i could put a door on the wall...but if there is no entrance on the otherside..its just a fancy wall.

i have no clue about this...just a thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be beyond cool if they opened up a portal and Pinhead and his pals came out of the portal

Funny for me to watch, not so funny for them

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to watch the horrors that follows- The webcam is broken, its server must have gone down after 3 people reading this thread logged into it and it crashed.

Oh well we'll know once the hooks start appearing out of nowhere poking into us...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
I wrote a thread along those lines a few months ago

Apollyon, The Bottomless pit and The Large Hadron Collider

That's one heck of a good thread and I advise anyone interested to take a look.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I hope something comes out
Anything would be great
This world is too boring, it needs something new.

I really hope it's like "The Mist"

Especially that ending.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
"Halflife" comes to mind...scientists do weird experiments, machine goes haywire, aliens enter from another world/dimension, bing bang boom you have the best computer game ever created lol
Now where's my crowbar for those pesky headcrabs?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Wouldn't it be beyond cool if they opened up a portal and Pinhead and his pals came out of the portal

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to watch the horrors that follows- The webcam is broken, its server must have gone down after 3 people reading this thread logged into it and it crashed.

Oh man, I wish I could give you ten stars for that

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
How would a portal/door come about anyway?? Im so confused abot this machine thing. What will it do again??

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

yea have we learned nothing from HL? Awesome game by the way.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie21m
How would a portal/door come about anyway?? Im so confused abot this machine thing. What will it do again??

A particle.

A quantum particle.

That's what would "come through the door."

A quantum particle they were not expecting.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
"During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants, they chose a new form for him - that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you!"

lol classic!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join