It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling hungry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

try eating raw soy curd - no seasoning - uncooked

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssanFor us in the UK, what is more 'environmentally friendly? Brazilian Soya or Welsh Lamb? Which has the highest carbon footprint?

EXACTLY

and dont get me started on mange tout - delivered AIR FREIGHT from zambia

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why do vegetarians want their "non-meat" items in the shape of meat? Yes, rhetorical question. The Dali Lama eats meat sometimes.

I find it difficult to believe that something that comes in cardboard packaging is healthy.

I'll stick to the markets for my meat and vegetables, thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

great thanks... now I'm craving a juicy tbone steak.... mmmmm tbone steak

[edit on 14-11-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was shocked to find out how little meat an average person actually needs a day - 90 grammes (3 ounces?) - And to much meat isn't good, it can downright cause cancer.

I think the best the average joe and joe'ette can do is cut back on their meat intake, and stick it to factory farming by voting with their wallets. I prefer free-range organic myself, though the price alone will influence your taste buds

Factory farming is wrong in my world, but there's a nasty thing called supply and demand keeping them in business.

A thread about what brands to steer clear of for using factory farmed meat would be nice

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
veggies? no thanks im quite happy with my bacon and eggs.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Go push your vegetarian lifestyle somewhere else, this is a conspiracy site, not the food network.
You dont see meat eaters making threads about the joy of eating a big, juicy T-Bone Steak do you?
You people remind me of some fanatical religion, hanging out in airports or knocking on peoples doors, trying to push your ideas on others.

Why is it always supporters of these alternate lifestyles are the only ones that are always trying to push their BS onto others that dont care?
Then, youll turn around and call us the intolerant ones.

I love vegetables and i love fruits but I like a big ol steak to go with it.Soy based "meat" is crap, tofu is smelly crap.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

i couldnt eat such overproccesed food, probly soaked in all kinds of chemicals. i'd rather eat my preservative filled meat, thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You make hotdogs just like me, but i use a small French baguette, with lots of sliced jalapenos.

That looks tasty.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Go push your vegetarian lifestyle somewhere else, this is a conspiracy site, not the food network.
You dont see meat eaters making threads about the joy of eating a big, juicy T-Bone Steak do you?
You people remind me of some fanatical religion, hanging out in airports or knocking on peoples doors, trying to push your ideas on others.

Why is it always supporters of these alternate lifestyles are the only ones that are always trying to push their BS onto others that dont care?
Then, youll turn around and call us the intolerant ones.

I love vegetables and i love fruits but I like a big ol steak to go with it.Soy based "meat" is crap, tofu is smelly crap.

Did I make you open this topic? Don't believe I did, chief.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian

great thanks... now I'm craving a juicy tbone steak.... mmmmm tbone steak

[edit on 14-11-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

Love people that crave attention. Eat more so your heart explodes.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whateverponcho

i couldnt eat such overproccesed food, probly soaked in all kinds of chemicals. i'd rather eat my preservative filled meat, thanks.

They don't spray soy with viruses.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Chemicals are not a virus, and it isn't very lovable to want someone else dead due to their diet.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What does all this food have in common?

It all taste like crap.

I wouldn't feed my dog this, in fact if I did I think my dog would take a chunk out of me. Yes I have tried some vegetarian food and it does taste like cardboard.

You vegetarians make me laugh, you are all the same smelly hippy tree huggers who moan at everything, you moan about killing animals for food yet you own leather shoes, leather sofa, leather belt. Stop smoking the pot all day and you might discover how nice real meat taste.

If we stop killing the animals like, Sheep, Cows, Pigs the world will be over run with them and everyone will smell like a dirty hippy.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Me too.
second line

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree with your cause, and am a white-meat-only person (Birds, I eat birds and fish). Lately, I have eaten much less meat then I normally do. I also can say i feel much healthier. (No I am not a spokesman for anything)

I think I would argue that factory farming is why meat is so unhealthy for you. Stress from the animal is proven to impact the quality of your meat, plus the antibiotics and hormones that are pumped into these animals their whole lives, not to mention their feed which consists of animal parts and corn and other things i don't even want to know about, their cramped living. Chickens have their beaks cut off as chicks, all male chickens are ground up alive because they do not grow big enough, fast enough to be considered profitable.

Don't believe me? Check out this video:
www.youtube.com...

I would argue the sickness and cancer that people are claiming comes from eating animals is actually true when talking about factory farming practices. We need to bring love back to farming, and treat every animal with respect before we are GIFTED with the opportunity to nourish ourselves with their life force. We need to get back to this mindset. This is the ultimate lesson here...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

Originally posted by DOADOA
if you're going to be a vggie, why eat food that resemble meat? if you like meat so much, why force yourself to eat fake meat?

I'd guess it is because people believe meat eating is habitual and habitual activities are easier to curb gradually. Like those fake cigs that look like real cigs. It helps the person break the habit (transitioning to vegetarian diet) while minimizing the psychological effect.

Believe me, you grow up on St Louis ribs and then quit meat (for whichever reason) and you are gonna crave ribs. Sticky, saucy, succulent ribs. With fatty meat all over them.... droooooool

Well, if you cannot have them, you could go gnaw on a carrot or you could warm up some of those Morning Star ones. The Morning Star ones actually do the trick for me. Not bad at all.

As someone who has been feeling internally 'urged' over the past few years to go vegetarian, I do find it comforting that alternative meat-less foods are out there. I do really appreciate meat but I feel that as an advanced society we ought not be breeding animals in disgusting pens only to slaughter and eat them. I do eat meat, but I don't really like the idea of what is going on.

ahh, your explaination was flawless. just for you, i am going to buy me a pack of those morning star ribs.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz

Chemicals are not a virus

Your correct, however, they spray live viruses onto meat as well.
Chemicals are in the meat, viruses are on the meat.

I couldn't have said it better than someone earlier in the thread that stated that we do not eat raw meat, therefore it is unnatural which is completely correct. Humans were not created with the use of fire in mind; now with that mindset humans must use technology to advance and better humanity. The next dietary step for all of mankind is a completely vegetarian diet.

Producing and using animals is wasteful, unhealthy, immoral, and to be quite frank, dated.

Rotating crops, vertical farms, etc, are all technological achievements being planned for the future of farming. Show me a future in meat.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
What does all this food have in common?

It all taste like crap.

I wouldn't feed my dog this, in fact if I did I think my dog would take a chunk out of me. Yes I have tried some vegetarian food and it does taste like cardboard.

You vegetarians make me laugh, you are all the same smelly hippy tree huggers who moan at everything, you moan about killing animals for food yet you own leather shoes, leather sofa, leather belt. Stop smoking the pot all day and you might discover how nice real meat taste.

If we stop killing the animals like, Sheep, Cows, Pigs the world will be over run with them and everyone will smell like a dirty hippy.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by IamNow]

Deny Ignorance, I believe, is the appropriate response to this post.
To all those who say that vegetarian food tastes terrible I counter with you are obviously not preparing/cooking it correctly.
I'm not a tree-hugging hippy or a pot smoker so your generalisation is unfounded and shows up your ignorance about this issue.

That's all I'm going to say though, as much as this is a personal choice issue, yes that's true...but spreading hatred and lies like the poster above warrants a reply.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
As much as I appreciate what you are doing with this thread, I have tried this veggie meat and it tastes like cardboard to me.

Too right. I tried a vegieburger. Those paties were the most horrid thing. I had to throw it out... Tasted Awful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join