It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could kill someone like this!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There is a video on youtube I saw a while back that I thought made some interesting points. This person IS associated with PETA and I know they have a bad reputation, but this man seems down to Earth(he's not a violent extremist) and I think his points are worth thinking about.
He's being interviewed, checks it out.

www.youtube.com...
(speaks about vegans for human righst reasons)

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Zerra]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Indians had great respect for the buffalo and deer they hunted. They would have never disgraced themselves by treating creatures like those in the video. For the Indians the buffalo was revered and honored.

What the people are doing in the video is the product of an underlining phycological issue. To have total disregard for life is not normal.

Just because we have to kill these animals and eat them there is still a certain amount of decency that should be exercised.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PaulKCA

I find it odd that this bit of cruelty made it to the forefront when the vast majority of the stuff is never seen. You may be right in your assumption.

This kind of brutality happens every minute of every day on planet earth. Where does one start to ease the suffering?

I tried for years with small advances here and there...but where one cruel sight disappears another is born.

There are some in the animal rights and welfare community that are true heros...I couldn't take it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

And what's the difference between a beautiful forest that is 100 years old and destroyed in a matter of minutes and a baby cow? You're thinking is typical of idiotic vegetarians. As human beings we are at the top of the food chain. With this comes responsibility. The responsibility to respect and honor our natural world because we are ALL PART OF IT and it is ALL PART OF US. Be it a cow or a tree........or a vegetable. There is nothing wrong with eating another animal be it a fish or a whale as long as it is harvested humanely and with respect. You COULD argue it's probably much easier to harvest a cow humanely than a whale and I would agree with you.

I like to think about the Native Americas who used to hunt the buffalo. Their ENTIRE WAY OF LIFE their whole essence relied on the buffalo. Without it they would parish. They honored the buffalo. And they used it in the utmost respectful way.......but utilizing just about every part of it. Did they kill them in a human way back then.......probably not I would assume. As human innovation and technology exists maybe we will be able to find a way to kill animals that is 100% human and that can eliminate pain and suffering. Because let's face it........it's not MEAT you have a problem with......it's the killing of the animal. But trust me human beings suffer just as much as animals. I suggest you walk around in a cancer ward and take a look around you. Thus is our world my friend.......one filled with pain and suffering. WE ALL SUFFER EVEN AS HUMAN BEINGS! Killing a cow with one quick deadly shot to the head in isolation is pretty human in my opinion.

Beating, skinning alive, cutting their throat when they are alive all the while calling them a "# box" is NOT respectful NOR human. So save your anti-meat rants for someone who gives a crap about being a vegetarian. I guess you don't eat eggs or drink milk either tough guy?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

1. lol, calm down
2. if you think humans are at the "top of teh food chain" go hand out witha bear of a lion for a few minutes alone. see how long you still thinkt ahts true.
3. yes i have a problem with teh killing, as its not needed to sustain life, its 2009. and i do have a problem with the meat as well, since its jsut plain nasty.
4. lay off teh red meat, your way to agressive, its jsut the interenet.
5. and yes, im a tough guy. i would handle you easily, but im not sure you would want to get your teeth knocked out by a vegetarian, how embarrasing would that be !

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Absouloutly disgusting. I enjoy meat, and milk, and cheeses, but this has put me off veal for life, I did not like to eat it, but if it were served I would be polite and eat it. Now, never. Thanks for bringing this up OP, Star and Flag.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarKnight
There seems to be alot of hatred in here. Maybe this segment of this video will help some.
www.youtube.com...#
Peace

[edit on 12-11-2009 by PolarKnight]

I can't thank you enough for that video. There is so much truth as to what is being conveyed in it. I beg for everyone reading this thread to watch it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
You know people, no one likes to think about nature it's self. Watch a pride of lions kill a baby elephant. It is more violent than anything you see on this video. Why do you not judge the lions? Most will say because we are more civilized. Well that's all fine and dandy but the only reason we are "civilized" is because some one will do the dirty work for us. The human race has become weak for the most part and needs to go back to it's natural roots every once in a while so that it can remeber what it truely is. We are the apex predator. PERIOD. Animals are just that ANIMALS. If they hurt then so what. It is not life altering. If you can't stand it, well don't research or watch videos about it. I do not judge you for your Un natural vegitarianism, so don't judge me for my natural predator instinct. Predators in nature do not care about weather or not they inflict pain. The only reason for a quick kill in nature is so as to prevent the escape of prey, not for the "humane" treatment of they prey. Until the human race evolves to have "cow" like teeth, we will still be omnivoirs. We as a species were also given the ability to rationalize and understand the difference between of our species versus other animals. Though all life is important on this planet, we should not treat other creatures as if they are human. If all of you activists would spend as much time and energy aiding the welfare of the human race instead of worrying about some animals feelings, the human race would advance further than ever before.

There is a difference between being a Predator and prodding a calf with a stick that happens to have an electrical charge.

BTW, I'm a hunter. I kill for food. Sure I will go into the wild, and shoot an animal with a firearm or a bow. I will slit it's throat and let it bleed out on the ground. I will spill its intestines and leave them there for the birds and rodents (and the occasional bear).

You know what I won't do?

I won't kick it while its down. I won't prod it with a stick. I won't let it die slowly and painfully. I won't poke its eyes and I will not laugh at its screams.

I will make sure it dies with as little pain as possible. That is a Human trait. Compassion! We see it in other animals from time to time, but we are the ones most capable of it.

We can hunt and kill our prey, but we shouldn't torture them. We shouldn't intentionally mistreat them for pleasure. Animals are our family on this earth and although we may eat some of them it doesn't mean they need to suffer for it!

I bet you sit by and let your dirty work be done for you every day. I get it myself! (My step family owns a ranch and I kill my own beef too. I don't torture it.)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The problem with that is that the people who run the world are evil to the bone.

I have seen what they do with my on two eyes.

Maybe what you propose could take care of them?

All we need is a rich benefactor.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wow you people are naive beyond belief, you think these people are barbarous monsters - but what you are seeing "is" human nature not some twisted manifestation of it. And from the outside in your highly regulated world you can't understand this - but if the SHTF it's not going to be calves it's going to be people - No one is above being human given the right circumstances IE working at a slaughterhouse.

Look at any war and you'll see these patterns emerge when there is no responsibility people can and will in large parts act like the 4.3 million year old creatures we are.

This is sad to watch, but I don't try to put myself above it either.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by circuitsports]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

This is sad to watch, but I don't try to put myself above it either.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by circuitsports]

Why not?
Does a cultural norm make something 'natural' or correct? Not worth changing? Is what is normal not worth fighting to change? What about when we had slavery? When it was normal for women not to vote? What about when it was 'okay' to have children working in our new-industrial revolution? Is change something you don't feel you are capable of? Whether we agree meat is healthy or not, our ways aren't. If there are alternatives and we can fight for that , why would someone want to call them naive and pull them down for trying?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I never get more enraged than when I see disgusting human beings who they themselves act like animals. I would have no problem treating these vile human specimens like they do these animals. Pulling off these guys' fingernails with pliers would be joyous compared to what I could do to them if I ever witnessed first hand something like this. I mean god...........it makes me ashamed to be a meat eater and a milk drinker. WARNING GRAPHIC!

www.humanesociety.org...

Animals used for sustanance have been done for billions of years by all forms of life - those are cattle bread for one purpose for being consumed ultimatly - humans consume meat every day in all forms - does not need to change but will need to learn to be weened off of. one day i think raising livestock for food will become fairly unpracticle with changing envirnmental conditions. basicly protien sorce will have to learned to be grown in plant form not animal form. like large quantities of peenuts and beans and other hearty large grains. all meat might one day become a delacasy to expensive to raise and store.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is sick! How can these AH's do that to animals! Would these pricks shock their own dogs?? I BET they have dogs!?!? There are more humane ways to kill them!
In SA (the small town I knew - Villiers), they would shoot them in the head - instant death - NOT cutting their throat. That is humane!

This video sickens me!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by The_Zomar

PSS- Also placing your illegal group in a thread that endorses "murdering humans" is about as stupid as giving the authorities a way to track you here. Just a word from one radical to another.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

I never said I have ever participated in anything of the sort. I was just saying that there are people out there that do that.

Its not illegal to think that something illegal is pretty sweet.

But yeah, I don't think I'd ever post anything incriminating online at all.. (assuming I did something to incriminate myself.
)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Shooting them in the head is as big of an oxymoron as military intelligence.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is exactly why I do not eat red meat anymore. That is insane behavior period.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I completely agree with the OP.

Maybe some of you will realise what cruelty we are inflicting on other creatures and stop eating meat.

Follow the golden rule - do unto others as you would have done unto yourself - they obviously feel pain so don't be part of it!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not even as an excuse for survival can this aspect of behavior in human's be understood, unless the soul has been shattered ! How repulsive these poor broken soul's must be to commit such act's ! Thank your higher self you can recognize this for what it is !
How could one ever forgive such thing's ? Much less help ? The very thing these poor soul's need is the hardest thing to give , unless you know what your giving and how to give it to them.
It is much easier to condemn the broken one's then to dig them out of their mess.
Be thankful if you have lived your life doing no harm to no other soul ! Be compassionate to those soul's who have been broken !

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Such people need to be in jail. Yes, jail. Fortunately criminal charges are being pursued in this case. The plant already had operations suspended for cruelty three times this year.

I understand we need plants to process the meat since we are a meat eating society. But there is no excuse for this cruelty and they need to be slapped far worse than a fine and a suspension of business.

Even hunters have game wardens to ensure kills are done mercifully and they will get in trouble for incidents of cruelty if caught. This slaughter house was caught red handed and those responsible need to be in jail. They can serve as an example of what happens when you are a cruel monster. Much better than getting a slap on the wrist with repeated suspensions.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
... this is the reason I'm a vegetarian. I can't stand to feed the meat industry monster, incising them to cut corners even more than they already are. I know I don't make much of a difference, but it's the most I can do.

Anyway, I wanted to chime in because I find these arguments very interesting. There are two extremes that I don't think either side understands.

Meat industry supporters see carnivores in nature and don't see how cruelty to animals is any different, but there is an extreme... why should we stop at humans by this logic? I mean, if we're just cruel animals, why can't we bash in the head of another human or skin a baby alive when we feel like it without repercussions... it's just nature, yes?

The people who are advocates of animal rights, don't understand how people can be so cruel to defenseless animals... however there is an extreme here too. Where does it end? By this reasoning we should never shower to injure the bacteria on our skin, or eat anything (it's all living)... we're sentient beings right?

What do you all think? I'm sure nobody really cares and my view will be lost to the void of the internet for all time... but I'll share my thoughts anyway.

-------------------------------

I think there is a happy medium here. People can eat meat, but if we're decent creatures, we will take a step back and not be so heartless and lazy about how we get it. I agree that we're naturally omnivores but eating the amount of meat that we do is very unnatural. Bacon, eggs and sausage for breakfast... hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch... steaks, porkchops, and turkey for dinner. If we were in the wild this would never be reality. Eating pork would be an incredibly rare treat, only to be savored during a great occasion!

If we just cut back a little bit to our roots, the industry would stop cutting so many corners to keep up with our insatiable appetite for easy access to meat products. Then I think most people are happy!

-------------------------------

What do you all think of this sort of compromise?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sometimes I wish there was some sort of secret group of men and women highly trained and highly skilled that fought the good fight for humanity. A group above government, never to be seen, caught, or heard from that in the still of the night dealt with the scum of humanity in their own way. Like that show Dexter. Nobody knew who they were or where they are...........but they are out there.......doing "god's" work, cleaning humanity of its own viruses and cancers. My childhood imagination gets the best of me sometimes. lol.

The rality is that the Elites are the only ones capable of doing it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join