It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who have served ... you're not all heroes

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't know if these treehuggers are just trolling or if they're really that ignorant. I think all the babies that got dropped on their heads converged on this thread, personally.

I've never met a soldier who would call himself or herself a "hero". Not one. If you can't give someone the respect they deserve for standing at death's door day in and day out in the selfless sacrifice of service then you don't deserve to fruits of their labor.

Some people need to go get a clue. Go volunteer to help the poor people you feel are so victimized by the military. If you can insult people who stand in front of a bullet for your benefit then let's see you stand up and put your own ass on the line for something.

My father did three tours in Vietnam only to come home and be met at the airport by a bunch of spoiled idiots who spit and threw dog crap at him.

I love how the people who stand for nothing want to tell people like him what they should do. Tell him to disobey orders, take a courts martial while you sit at home and tell each other how intellectual and evolved you are...

"For those who fight to protect it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

My Dad had that quote in a frame on his office wall and you know what, until today when I read the disgusting comments some people in this thread made I didn't understand why he wanted to look at that each and every day.

I think it was to keep him from choking people like you to death. You can take life for granted I suppose, that's between you and the people who didn't raise you right but I'd advise you to be really, really careful about saying things like that in public.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Critical thinking. You better be glad that our boys had that in WWII or you would be sucking on a nazi pacifier right now.

Abstract Thought. That is pretty much about keeping up on what is hip, cool, sick.....whatever you want to call it. Lets take a look on what abstract really is.

Abstraction is the process or result of generalization by reducing the information content of a concept or an observable phenomenon, typically to retain only information which is relevant for a particular purpose. For example, abstracting a leather soccer ball to a ball retains only the information on general ball attributes and behaviour. Similarly, abstracting happiness to an emotional state reduces the amount of information conveyed about the emotional state. Computer scientists use abstraction to understand and solve problems and communicate their solutions with the computer in some particular computer language.
Contents
[hide]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_thought

Pretty much disregarding all information but what you want to concentrate on. Like just the killing part. Not the making a place safer part. lol@abstract thought.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

The soldiers are the pawns in this war, the drones used against each other for the gain of the folks pulling the strings. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing honourable in being a mindless pawn, following orders regardless of motivation and reason. It's weak and soldiers are mindless murderers whos crimes are sanctioned by their corrupt leaders.

Your patriotism is misplaced.

Oh my God! So now, just to be clear... you are saying that soldiers are "mindless murderers?" Look, idiot, if everyone got to do whatever in the hell they pleased, we would have what? ANARCHY! Fact is, there are a lot of people around the world who would love to see the USA go away.

Do you know why we're still here? Honor. Regardless of the political motivations, soldiers base their actions on HONOR. We uphold the oath we took. I have had to do some terrible things in the name of protecting the US from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and I would DO IT AGAIN if I had to! You also believe soldiers do not THINK? Boy, for a mindless pawn, I sure did way too much thinking then, while I was there. Shame on me!

My patriotism is precisely placed where it needs to be.... with MY COUNTRY'S best interests at heart. To practice such patriotism sometimes requires one to simply follow orders they do not agree with. It's called DUTY, HONOR, SERVICE and SACRIFICE. And to think we did it for COWARDS like YOU! Good thing for you - because if soldiers knew WHO they were fighting for, chances are, your arse would be speaking another language right now, or you'd be stuck in a 6x6 cell, or buried in a mass grave with an unnecessary hole in your forehead!

WIMPS and WEAKLINGS like YOU are damned lucky there are men and women with the BALLS to pick up that weapon and stand in front of you, willing to take a bullet, deliver bullets and do unimaginably horrible things to other human beings to protect your right to post something that dishonors our sacrifices and our HONOR to the point where it would be desirable to strangle you. Before you write such tripe, you better stop and think about why you still HAVE that freedom to do so!

You and people like you, make me wanna' hurl, and smack you in the forehead with tackhammer to knock some sense into you!

Happy trails, you weakling, wussy-ass WIMP!

PS: You're welcome, WIMP!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I really don't know how to reply to this. So many flags too. All I can say is, that is one opinion which you are clearly keeping to yourself. Voice that in public and well, you would have typed your post via a straw in your mouth.

A soldier who stormed the beach in Normandy or swam up the fjords in Norway towards the Tirpitz is no greater a person than those who serve today in Afghanistan or anywhere else for that matter.

I am proud to have served. I have justified my existance on this planet.

You my Sir are an idiot. To all those who flagged and starred this post - you've just bolstered my decision to not visit this forum again. It's been overrun by fools and trolls.

[edit on 13/11/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
These soldiers of today are going through more hell then the minute men in the past would have and are more tactically trained since then as well. Back then they really weren't in the greatest of shape, and were undisciplined, until Washington stepped in and changed that, which is my favorite part of history.

Yes there are some things going on behind curtain. Can we stop it? Yes. Are we going to? Probably not. There are plenty of good leadership within the ranks of the military of today who know how to work as a team and support this nation.

Those should be the true leaders of this country not the politicians. Unfortunately no civilian in America will grow some to stand up for there country and change it the way they want it. Because it's easy for them to sit back and watch t.v.

Are we really even affected that much from the terrible leadership in Washington? Really are we? I don't feel anything right now.

If you like the minute men so much and think they will stand up for there country, why don't you do it? Why don't you make your own militia and change things to the way you like? Why not? What's so hard about it? Get a group and weapons. Change America to the way you want it. I dare you to. Oh wait you can't can you?

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by jca2005

Please don't compare the soldiers of today to the Minute Men and revolutionary war heroes of the past. They would LAUGH and CRY and are rolling over in their graves if they new what kind of country America has turned into. The only "beaches" they would storm and the only enemy they'd be fighting today if they were alive would be in Washington, DC. America is a FAR CRY from what she once was 250+ years ago. I can only imagine what Thomas Jefferson probably thinks of America today. My god can you imagine?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The only thing between us and the evil nazis was U.S troops was it?

Well, well...... Guess you have been conditioned to believe that, maybe it just happened to slip your minds that it wasn't really so.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f989bdde3ecf.png[/atsimg]

The U.S was hired guns, nothing more. The "you would all be talking German if it wasn't for us" just doesn't cut it.

Anyway if the only excuse you have for supporting "your troops" (the elites personal mercenary team) is WWII then I can see that you are failing to see the big picture anyway.
You have been so brainwashed that you really believe that fighting your governments constructed wars is a question of honour.

Honour is saying NO to being used as a pawn in the NWO game.
Honour is saying NO to contributing to killing your fellow human for the elites profit.
Honour is saying NO to killing for oil or gas-pipes.

Admit to yourself that you are just in the military system to get your paycheck and then do what you are told by people who does not care about your country, your family or you.
Your patriotism is completely misplaced. I do feel sorry for the veterans who has been fooled by the government into fighting their wars, traumatized left on the sidewalk to die by the same government. If that is what veterans day was about I would support it, but its been turned into a patriotic frenzied "love the military day" clipped out of Orwells 1984.

Operation Paperclip is in effect, the nazis propaganda has been adopted by the U.S, just in little bit more delicate wrapping.
That is the biggest conspiracy around in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Thank you for putting it so bluntly, so simply, so bang on the mark and so what I try to explain but wind up in arguments with stupid people.

I have a certain family member who openly stated he joined the army so he could "shoot 'pakis' and get paid for doing so" (I don't approve of the racist slur I am just quoting his very words) and his mother and the rest of the deluded family and friends around him cry about how brave he is (he has yet to step on foreign soil).

I am sick of hearing about 'the troops' "bring them home" and all the other nonsense.
Until you are conscripted, fighting a real war with real challenges and for real reasons you are just boys with guns shooting muslims and getting paid for it.

I don't support the troops, why, because there's nothing to support them about.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Support the troops? While I was serving I didn't give a toss whether the people back home supported my actions or not. I don't think anyone serving gives a toss what you, the public think. So whine on here as much as you like about not supporting 'the troops' because 'the troops' don't care about your opinion.

You're civilians - to 'the troops' your opinion is worthless. What counts are the people who you serve with. All you tin foil hat idiots bragging about serving the NWO blah blah blah - get out more!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

You're civilians - to 'the troops' your opinion is worthless. What counts are the people who you serve with. All you tin foil hat idiots bragging about serving the NWO blah blah blah - get out more!

So our opinion is worthless.... Says it all doesn't it.

Go read something please. ReadReadRead!

It's like MK-ULTRA, controlling your brain
Suggestive thinking, causing your perspective to change

The fourth branch of the government AKA the media
Seems to now have a retirement plan for ex-military officials
As if their opinion was at all unbiased
A machine shouldn't speak for men
So shut up you mindless drone!
And you know it's serious
When these same media outfits are spending millions of dollars on a PR campaign
To try to convince you they're fair and balanced

-Immortal Technique-

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think far too many of you are taking his post out of context in defense of being in the military. I am named after my Great Uncle who was a Marine. Killed and thrown overboard by his own friends for attempting to leave the KKK. My father and his brother were in the Air Force, and my Grandfather and his brother were in the Navy. There is a long line of service tradition in any family.

We all know people who join for good reasons, to take care of their family etc. But I don't see any denying that most do not deserve to be treated with any respect or heroism. Those who earn my respect are the men and women refusing orders under Obama. Those who see these are actually illegal wars for corporate profit.

People often take the ignorant and uninformed road claiming those of us who think like this are un-American or un-Patriotic. If you honestly feel you have the right to TERRORIZE a family, forcing them out of their homes at gunpoint or accidentally dropping bombs on them to hit these admittededly non-existant Al-Queda or Taliban cells then you are already lost.

Some do join wanting to defend, sadly we need defense from ourselves not other nations.

Some join looking to provide for their families. Because we intelligently create a disparity line forcing people to this option.

The single most dominant reason people join? Media...
Videogames, cartoons, ads, news

Kill those arabs... Am I right?

The U.S. Military exists as a policing agent for the World Bank currently. There is no great heroic reason we are doing this.

But do not let the illusion of military discredit those who deserve praise. Those who did not let the game interfere with their morals and use it as an excuse to lawfully humiliate another person.

Veterans day is a commercialization of war. Armistice day should be in EVERY VETERANS MIND.

Thank those who deserve to be thanked when they deserve it. Not because the government wants you to worship the military ignorantly.

(Yay Ft. Hood happening right before Veteran's Day. MK Ultra.)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
These soldiers of today are going through more hell then the minute men in the past would have and are more tactically trained since then as well. Back then they really weren't in the greatest of shape, and were undisciplined, until Washington stepped in and changed that, which is my favorite part of history.

Yes there are some things going on behind curtain. Can we stop it? Yes. Are we going to? Probably not. There are plenty of good leadership within the ranks of the military of today who know how to work as a team and support this nation.

Those should be the true leaders of this country not the politicians. Unfortunately no civilian in America will grow some to stand up for there country and change it the way they want it. Because it's easy for them to sit back and watch t.v.

Are we really even affected that much from the terrible leadership in Washington? Really are we? I don't feel anything right now.

If you like the minute men so much and think they will stand up for there country, why don't you do it? Why don't you make your own militia and change things to the way you like? Why not? What's so hard about it? Get a group and weapons. Change America to the way you want it. I dare you to. Oh wait you can't can you?

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by jca2005

Please don't compare the soldiers of today to the Minute Men and revolutionary war heroes of the past. They would LAUGH and CRY and are rolling over in their graves if they new what kind of country America has turned into. The only "beaches" they would storm and the only enemy they'd be fighting today if they were alive would be in Washington, DC. America is a FAR CRY from what she once was 250+ years ago. I can only imagine what Thomas Jefferson probably thinks of America today. My god can you imagine?

"I'm tactically trained to not use my intelligence."
"The system is corrupt, try and change it so *I* can shoot you".
"Military should run the government."

- All I took from your post.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It is not the people serving in the military that are corrupting it. It is the politicians and leaders of the military. The government has a funny way of doing things and not telling the people the reason for it. Along with that are the coverups and fake evidence that fool everyone.. or close to.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The "dead hippie" thing slipped by me.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

The only thing between us and the evil nazis was U.S troops was it?

Well, well...... Guess you have been conditioned to believe that, maybe it just happened to slip your minds that it wasn't really so.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f989bdde3ecf.png[/atsimg]

The U.S was hired guns, nothing more. The "you would all be talking German if it wasn't for us" just doesn't cut it.

Anyway if the only excuse you have for supporting "your troops" (the elites personal mercenary team) is WWII then I can see that you are failing to see the big picture anyway.
You have been so brainwashed that you really believe that fighting your governments constructed wars is a question of honour.

Honour is saying NO to being used as a pawn in the NWO game.
Honour is saying NO to contributing to killing your fellow human for the elites profit.
Honour is saying NO to killing for oil or gas-pipes.

Admit to yourself that you are just in the military system to get your paycheck and then do what you are told by people who does not care about your country, your family or you.
Your patriotism is completely misplaced. I do feel sorry for the veterans who has been fooled by the government into fighting their wars, traumatized left on the sidewalk to die by the same government. If that is what veterans day was about I would support it, but its been turned into a patriotic frenzied "love the military day" clipped out of Orwells 1984.

Operation Paperclip is in effect, the nazis propaganda has been adopted by the U.S, just in little bit more delicate wrapping.
That is the biggest conspiracy around in my eyes.

The death toll in the US was kept low due to not throwing our troops into the meat grinder. In fact, it is because the US as a whole would not accept high death tolls that we keep an eye on proper planning, in the former Soviet Union things like that simply did not matter. They were fighting a war of attrition with out the most modern war fighting equipment.

And please remind me, when was the last time the capital building was burned down by jews to facilitate the rise of a dictator in the US?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by jca2005

^^^^
and that guys an idiot, sorry had to throw that in there..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UReallyDoNotGetIt
"...and do unimaginably horrible things to other human beings to protect your right to post..."

Listen to yourself. You just excused cold blooded murder so I can use the internet? Like if you didn't kill that man defending HIS rights, he would steal my internet.

Just listen to yourself sometime.

The only people terrorizing me and threatening my rights are the Police, why don't you invade America (illegally) to stop them.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry to bring this in as well, but are some of you aware that almost all military members are still given Smallpox, and other serious ailments so that if the poo really does hit the fan, we can be first to clean the dead out of our streets? Are you all aware that murder in the military is punishable by hanging still. Bash us all you like, we are here to protect your freedom to do so.

Zosynspiracy: I belive that the men who were in the wars of yesterday would question why in the world we were simply not turning vast portions of the globe into massive sheets of glass, after all, we could do that if we wanted.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Obinhi]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Originally posted by UReallyDoNotGetIt
"...and do unimaginably horrible things to other human beings to protect your right to post..."

Listen to yourself. You just excused cold blooded murder so I can use the internet? Like if you didn't kill that man defending HIS rights, he would steal my internet.

Just listen to yourself sometime.

The only people terrorizing me and threatening my rights are the Police, why don't you invade America (illegally) to stop them.

Sorry about the double post, but at the end of the day, no one is forceing you to live in your current country. If you local police are really terrorizing you, move, or better yet, get elected to local office and do something about it. It is not the place of the military to step in when you get busted for doing 65 in a 50, or have a dime bag on you.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
Sorry about the double post, but at the end of the day, no one is forceing you to live in your current country. If you local police are really terrorizing you, move, or better yet, get elected to local office and do something about it. It is not the place of the military to step in when you get busted for doing 65 in a 50, or have a dime bag on you.

Really? Like really? Is no one capable of critical thinking anymore.

I am a natural born citizen of the United States of America. I am not a citizen of the U.S.

Police exist to enforce and defend our rights, not violate them. According to all these veterans they murder people for my rights. So how is it my fault the police violate them?

Why is it my duty to leave my country which my family fought for, to grant me freedom because my fellow citizens in authority abuse their authority?

So let's go down to the facts. You advocate throwing away my rights you murder others for and leave my country which you fought to make safe so I can have these rights? Yet when I EXPRESS THEM, you advise me to leave.

Do none of you think beyond the simplest thought which forms in your mind before typing it?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
reply to post by keepithush

Support the troops? While I was serving I didn't give a toss whether the people back home supported my actions or not. I don't think anyone serving gives a toss what you, the public think. So whine on here as much as you like about not supporting 'the troops' because 'the troops' don't care about your opinion.

If you dont care why post alongwith other so called "vets" showing how unhappy you are with the truth? Fact is you do care and we dont care to call you hero or support you for collecting fat salaries to do your job. You are earning a living for that you are not a hero or shouldnt be supported anymore than any part of govt. servant is supported.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join