It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I didnt see anywhere in the OP that stated this never happens in MSNBC, CNN, etc etc...i think you are making that connection on your own assumptions.

Yes, we all know those other stations have done it- i dont think anyone here is arguing otherwise (if they are, i apologize i must have missed it)

But we're talking about a specific example from Faux News.

If that offends people - then maybe they should just walk away?

It sounds to me like you were insinuating that we not ridicule faux news because ATS members that watch it may feel ashamed and ridiculed themselves?

I hardly see that being the case what so ever. Faux News isn't the victim here. People who believe in what they say, however, are.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I hope everyone here doesnt think Fox is the only one who does that all the news companies do!!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StumpDrummer

And I hope you don't actually watch ANY of it.

The only time I watch MSM news is when I'm watching it being picked apart on YouTube videos.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To all the Fox-Defenders out there - you are 100% correct in that this does happen elsewhere. I've stated as-much in my other anti-media postings. However, where Fox stands above the rest is the frequency in which it is done

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hannity actually went on the air today and admitted Stewart was right, but claimed it was an inadvertent mistake. (Insert your own joke here.)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by frankensence

Because some of us (like me) actually believe that GW Bush isn't the evil fascist that the left would have you believe. There are a lot of things he did that I didn't agree with, like trying to leave some our ports in the control of the United Arab Emmirates and not entering into environmental talks early on in his presidency.

And yet, GW Bush did FAR more damage to the constitution of the US than any other president. But you never saw Fox News cover any of that, it's always been about attacking the democrats. But why turn this into a debate about the merits of whatever president? Shouldn't this be about the INTEGRITY of a supposed "news" outlet? This is one more demonstration that Fox News has NONE.

So by what standard do you judge Fox News? By rest of the MSM out there?

If that's so, then what's the excuse for the other MSM outlets that aren't covering how Obama is trampling all over the Constitution right now? He's done more in his first year to trample Constitutional rights than Bush did in 8 years. But you won't see the other MSM outlets covering that. Where is their integrity?

Name 3 things Obama has done to trample the Constitution. Verifiable, actual, provable things.... that he has DONE. Not things you can assert he WANTS to do. Not things you HEARD he did. Sourced, provable things HE HAS DONE.

Good luck, lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Not to mention you cannot find a bigger liar and downright ass-hat on television than Bill O'Reilly, right there in FOX's prime time. That has to count for something.

I swear this guy escaped from a circus one day and FOX thought he was serious.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
To my knowledge, this type of blatant fabrication has not been evident on other news channels and puts Fox in a league by itself.

It's sickening.

What has happened to journalistic ethics?! What has happened to integrity?

On to the clip:

news.videosift.com...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by shrike071]

This should be the nail-in-the-coffin for anyone that thinks that Fox is a 'credible' news source.

They'd have to make a habit of things like this for me to say they are not a "credible news source" . You may not like it but Fox news has also broadcast some very news worthy and dead honest news casts that this one you in your desperation to make blanket accusations, won't have any bearing on those other news stories anymore than it would change CNN for letting go of Lou Dobbs. This is a hannity problem and Fox will deal with him or maybe even replace him with the only thing that made CNN worth watching.

Lou Dobbs

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Not to mention you cannot find a bigger liar and downright ass-hat on television than Bill O'Reilly, right there in FOX's prime time. That has to count for something.

Do you know what CNN's answer to Bill Orielly is?

Keith Olberman

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerry_Knight

Keith Olberman

Aw, come on. CNN has to do better than that. O'Reilly is trying to get into fist fights with Obama's security, throws an obscene fit when the teleprompter stops working, lies about what's in a book straight the face of the guy who wrote it. When he's caught in a lie he tries to weasel his way out by misconstruing things even more. And on top of all that, he's just loud, obnoxious, arrogant, the perfect thing for FOX to be feeding their target audience of stupid Americans on a nightly basis.

Olbermann is too much like a zombie to even compare to O'Reilly's stupid antics. They may both be equally brain-dead, but Olbermann's worst offenses are more along the lines of dropping big words like he had to pay for them. Not even in the same league as O'Reilly.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So we have one fake news show trying to discredit another fake news station. Interesting. The sad thing is that none of the news networks are reliable anymore. They're all just pawns of disinformation for the opposing party.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Keith Olberman

Olberman isn't on CNN, lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Keith Olberman

Aw, come on. CNN has to do better than that. O'Reilly is trying to get into fist fights with Obama's security, throws an obscene fit when the teleprompter stops working, lies about what's in a book straight the face of the guy who wrote it. When he's caught in a lie he tries to weasel his way out by misconstruing things even more. And on top of all that, he's just loud, obnoxious, arrogant, the perfect thing for FOX to be feeding their target audience of stupid Americans on a nightly basis.

Olbermann is too much like a zombie to even compare to O'Reilly's stupid antics. They may both be equally brain-dead, but Olbermann's worst offenses are more along the lines of dropping big words like he had to pay for them. Not even in the same league as O'Reilly.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by bsbray11]

Ya know what is the most ironic part of your post?

All that stuff you say about FOX. Well,, OBVIOUSLY, it hasn't stopped YOU from watching it either

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Yeah I know, I am reffering to a story CNN did about the two of them showing olberman saying some of the things most of us take with a grain of salt but he makes a BIG deal about.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yeah I know, I am reffering to a story CNN did about the two of them showing olberman saying some of the things most of us take with a grain of salt but he makes a BIG deal about.

Ah, gotcha

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by frankensence

Because some of us (like me) actually believe that GW Bush isn't the evil fascist that the left would have you believe. There are a lot of things he did that I didn't agree with, like trying to leave some our ports in the control of the United Arab Emmirates and not entering into environmental talks early on in his presidency.

And yet, GW Bush did FAR more damage to the constitution of the US than any other president. But you never saw Fox News cover any of that, it's always been about attacking the democrats. But why turn this into a debate about the merits of whatever president? Shouldn't this be about the INTEGRITY of a supposed "news" outlet? This is one more demonstration that Fox News has NONE.

So by what standard do you judge Fox News? By rest of the MSM out there?

If that's so, then what's the excuse for the other MSM outlets that aren't covering how Obama is trampling all over the Constitution right now? He's done more in his first year to trample Constitutional rights than Bush did in 8 years. But you won't see the other MSM outlets covering that. Where is their integrity?

Name 3 things Obama has done to trample the Constitution. Verifiable, actual, provable things.... that he has DONE. Not things you can assert he WANTS to do. Not things you HEARD he did. Sourced, provable things HE HAS DONE.

Good luck, lol.

Where is it said in the constitution we got to pay for everyones elective surgery? Where in the constitution does it say I have to take on the risk of bank loans that failed once already and have to bail them out now and give those same bankers a bonus for the fine job they've done. Where in the constitution does it say we will be taxed to subsidize private business?

Yeah our constitution is currently being displayed on Obama's bathroom toilet roll.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ya know what is the most ironic part of your post?

All that stuff you say about FOX. Well,, OBVIOUSLY, it hasn't stopped YOU from watching it either

I said earlier I only watch it on YouTube.

I only know it's prime time because the Colbert Report is on at the same time on Comedy Central.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
This should be the nail-in-the-coffin for anyone that thinks that Fox is a 'credible' news source. To my knowledge, this type of blatant fabrication has not been evident on other news channels and puts Fox in a league by itself.

It's sickening.

What has happened to journalistic ethics?! What has happened to integrity?

On to the clip:

news.videosift.com...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by shrike071]

i guess you forgot the time MSNBC put up footage of a protester "racist" protesting obama with a gun slung around his back. what MSNBC forgot to mention was that the guy was black.
talk about credibility

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

The current reform bill doesn't cover elective surgeries. Where did you get that?
Bush began the bank bailout. Obama just finished it, though I do agree it was messed up. $800 billion to Wall Street and $3 billion to the car industry? They screwed main street on that one... but on this point I concede to you. However your final point about being taxed to subsidize private industry is in the same category. While I admit you're right about that, it is the Right that loves to shift the tax burden to the lower income brackets.

The Constitution being on Obamas toilet paper roll is a bit harsh though.
Bush is the one that called it "a goddamned piece of paper."

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
bush was the one who first bailed out the banks. remember, " give me 700 billion with no oversight panels?

"to promote the general welfare" in the constitution. that is the basis from which social programs are considered. real medical problems, yes. but lets say plastic surgery for fake boobs, ala carrie prajean? no!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join