It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Opinon vs News piece doesn't matter in this context.
In both cases the footage is a *SOURCE*, if you comment on what the source says or not is irrelevant. If you claim the picture of A is actually from B it's a lie.

Source doesn't enter either. If WND reported that to calculate the area of a rectangle you need to multiply it's length and height, would it be wrong?

you know who else spliced footage (and pictures) to make his rallys look bigger than they actually were? ... yup, Goebbles.

I gotta say i am slightly dissapointed with the FOX apologists. I thought it would be more along the lines "But they did it for the right reasons!"

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra
So somebody mixed up footage of a crowd. Who cares?

Not as bad as the time MSNBC cropped footage to make a black guy with a rifle appear to be a racist white man upset we have a black President. Now let's see...what do i care more about? Mixed up footage of a crowd numbering in the tens of thousands, or a deliberately doctored shot intended to pander to more white guilt and provoke racial tension?

The hypocrisy is staggering.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by Mr Poopra]

... Accidently splicing footage is about as likely to happen as accidently cropping...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by sos37

This thread is about Fox News, i'm not making comparisons. I don't give a toss, other than up to the point that real people and real events should be just that..real and not fabricated.

Absolutely and completely WRONG. This thread is about journalistic integrity. It's wrong to single out one news network for their "misdoings" when other MSM outlets are guilty of the very same thing.

Are you going to deny ignorance or perpetuate it?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Seriously...who cares? CNN does the same stuff (fake gulf war with gas masks video). MSM lies...we have to accept it. You cannot trust anything you see or hear. Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Come on are you surprised?
They've been doing what theyre SUPPOSE to do for years.
99.9% of what you view is fake.
Its either fantasy, sit com, staged reality shows, game shows, staged war videos, fake news to move the masses, commercials so you can buy buy by by,
Please now, CNN did this in 91 from a sound stage "covering the 1st gulf oil seize,
and Jon Stewart? an icon for freedom, ha ha ha ha he's so biased its funny.
these "characters" are given MILLIONS of dollars to ease the lies out of their mouths into your minds.
SHUT THE ENTIRE SYSTEM DOWN.
You want power and change TAKE IT.
(but its not bad enough yet, they havent locked the neighbors up, and your not slipping on blood)........yet

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by LadySkadi

That's about all one can do... find multiple sources and try one's best to figure out the what's really going on. Mostly, I do this online (I haven't had a t.v. for a few months)... it works, to the extent that I have the time to follow up. I do appreciate not having 24-hour news in my home, these days, it has been a bit of a stress reliever.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks for finding this, this is something to show people to prove to them faux news lies.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by shrike071
This should be the nail-in-the-coffin for anyone that thinks that Fox is a 'credible' news source.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by shrike071]

The White House declared war on Fox News because they deemed Fox's headlines and content leaning toward Republicans instead of Democrats.

"They're widely viewed as, you know, part of the Republican Party," she said. "Take their talking points and put them on the air. Take their opposition research and put them on the air, and that's fine. But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is." Even the captions the network uses to headline its stories, Dunn said, are slanted.

www.salon.com...
Sorry, chum. That makes Fox news a credible news source.

Wrong.

It might make all the other news outlets less credible since you know they will never report something too disagreeable to the WH, but it does not make fox news more credible. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of logic leads you to say that.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was in the Army for 12 years, and got to travel to a lot of "news-worthy" countries. I personally watched two different "news" networks make fake news. That was before there was a Fox-News. This has been a practice for many years.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by M.A.G
I was in the Army for 12 years, and got to travel to a lot of "news-worthy" countries. I personally watched two different "news" networks make fake news. That was before there was a Fox-News. This has been a practice for many years.

You are right - and that's the real point to be made here.
A political and news system and society based on lies.
Just imagine all of the fiction we have accepted all of these years as fact.
It's huge.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Despite being a paradoy journalists come right out and say that tds is how journalism should be.

While in a comedic format, TDS finds all sorts of garbage about people.

They are famous for it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by slipknotrules2009

This is a tactic used by Glenn Beck. It is to lure people in thinking he knows something that others don't. That he reports things others won't. Almost like a borderline conspiracy theorist,which is why so many on this site watch him.

But no one sees it for what it really is, a tactic.

Since people who tend to watch Fox and nothing else, tend to believe them because they have nothing to compare it too.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I keep writing TDS and telling them that if they had a pay per view of Jon Stewart taking on Sean Hannity, I would pay 50 as fast I could to watch it.

If Jon Stewart can make Jim Cramer almost cry, I am pretty sure he would wipe the floor with Hannity.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Absolutely and completely WRONG. This thread is about journalistic integrity. It's wrong to single out one news network for their "misdoings" when other MSM outlets are guilty of the very same thing.

You're absolutely wrong. The thread title is "FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage", not "thread about journalistic integrity". Why is it wrong to single out one news network for their wrongdoing. There was a thread a month or so ago about why liberals are so hateful or something like that. The OP ended up admitting that conservatives do much of the same thing but he didn't write, "Why are liberals and conservatives so full of hate." Where were you to make that thread fair and balanced?
I agree MSNBC and CNN are full of crap, too. However, seems to me that this thread is about how FoxNews has newscaster with no journalistic integrity.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This is a tactic used by Glenn Beck. It is to lure people in thinking he knows something that others don't. That he reports things others won't. Almost like a borderline conspiracy theorist,which is why so many on this site watch him.

But no one sees it for what it really is, a tactic.

This is so true. I said something like this earlier in the thread. Glenn Beck is a GRIFTER! He's a sham man. He knows what his audience wants and is feeding it to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One of the things being forgotten here is that this is not about a lack of "journalistic integrity", or sloppy reporting or someone being lazy and reusing video, what this is about is altering the news in order to sway opinion.

Fox News is using propagandist tactics and phony news footage to skew reality in order to sway your opinion. They've never been about reporting actual news, but rather, about fabricating it or spinning it in favor of one specific political party. Out of ALL the mainstream media outlets, they are the number one offender for fabricating stories.

Someone pointed out that back during the first golf war CNN faked having a reporter in Iraq - and that was a big sensation when it was exposed, but consider this - while it was a lie (the reporter was not in Iraq) and showed a lack of journalistic integrity, it wasn't a distortion of the actual events in Iraq. Why'd CNN do it? I'm guessing CNN couldn't get a reporter on the ground embedded with the troops at that time, so stand em in front of a blue screen and call it a day.

Unlike this latest episode of faked news footage from Fox, which IS a distortion of reality, it purports to show an event that clearly DID NOT OCCUR as depicted by Fox "News", who then used this faked footage to beat the drums of "protesting" the Democrats.

We get it, Fox. You're owned by a hard-core right-wing media mogul. Now please, stop insulting our intelligence.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by frankensence]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Quote from SOS37,"Absolutely and completely WRONG. This thread is about journalistic integrity."
Anything you say Sos, if that's what makes you happy
In the meantime i'll stick by what the thread title says as posted by the OP,(who is not you) Better still, why don't you start a thread about Journalistic integrity...or rather the lack of it!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

LOL - Like I said earlier...

Any news network that the White House finds important enough to go to war against MUST be worth watching.

I wonder how you can quote ONE event and use that to claim credibility to Fox News?
Perhaps your avatar says it all?

What is it now? Hmmm.
"I want to believe".

That is so funny

Anyway. It is worth noting that it isn't just the video that is a lie - it is also what is said in the footage. Lies in video and sound.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I didnt read all this thing (the first page was "sufficient")...but to the OP, I would just remind them that ABC and CBS were both caught faking news - big time - and in fact, that led DIRECTLY to Dan Rather losing his CBS job.

So, its not unprecendeted. And while its not news...Al Gore pack of lies movie about Global Warming - An Inconvenient Truth - OPENS in its first scene with a big lie. Showing supposed "facts" of a gigantic piece of Antarctic Ice pack breaking off as if its a result of global warming. The lie? well, that clip was taken from a hollywood disaster movie named "The Day After Tomorrow", and was a COMPUTER GENERATED scene.

How about an Inconvenient LIE on that.

They all do it, so chill out OP...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

You're absolutely wrong. The thread title is "FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage", not "thread about journalistic integrity". Why is it wrong to single out one news network for their wrongdoing. There was a thread a month or so ago about why liberals are so hateful or something like that. The OP ended up admitting that conservatives do much of the same thing but he didn't write, "Why are liberals and conservatives so full of hate." Where were you to make that thread fair and balanced?
I agree MSNBC and CNN are full of crap, too. However, seems to me that this thread is about how FoxNews has newscaster with no journalistic integrity.

If that's true then why not focus on the newscaster instead of Fox News? How do we know what was done was intentional and not a mistake? Do we know if that newscaster is still working at Fox News?

The thread singling out liberals for being hateful was also wrong and goes against the ATS motto of denying ignorance because we know there are Republicans, Third Party Members and whatever affiliates who are just as hateful as liberals.

If you're going to point out the misdeeds of one news station you simply cannot act like the rest are as clean as the preacher's sheets. Sorry, but you can't.

The ATS mods are cracking down on people disparaging others for their political ideologies, but I think they should be doing the same for situations like this. The majority of you are screaming that Fox spews hateful, evil crap and there are a good many folks on ATS who watch Fox for their news. You're making them feel like they're doing something wrong for a personal preference of where they get news and in doing so you are targeting a specific group of people.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by sos37]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join