It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerry_Knight
Do you know what CNN's answer to Bill Orielly is?

Keith Olberman

Actually, that would be MSNBC's answer to Bill Oreilly. You must be getting your information from FoxNews. :-)

Edit - I apologize, Kerry. Just saw your post after this.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by really]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

The current reform bill doesn't cover elective surgeries. Where did you get that?

Vasectomy and Abortion are elective surgery and BOTH are federally funded.

Bush began the bank bailout. Obama just finished it, though I do agree it was messed up.

I don't care about what Bush Started and what bush has done or started never stopped Obama from reversing nor should the bail out have been something he has expanded.

$800 billion to Wall Street and $3 billion to the car industry? They screwed main street on that one... but on this point I concede to you. However your final point about being taxed to subsidize private industry is in the same category. While I admit you're right about that, it is the Right that loves to shift the tax burden to the lower income brackets.

perhaps you are right they may be the same but the right isn't in control of the purse strings my friend, a democratic controlled house and senate are and have been for almost four years now and all I see is the left coming up with bills that have been laden with perks for acorn and a President who has an entire cabinet of former lobbyists and Wall Streeters with a speaker of the house that bitches at private corporations for buying a lear jet when she asks for a custom 727. What you haven't figured out yet is that we are being taken by a rogue congress and senate lead by a hollywood wannabe movie star and whether it is a tax and spend party or a borrow and spend party, the rich keep getting bailed out the poor are already broke and the middle class is just plane broke.

Oh and by the way, it would be a great exercise in humility if just for once, someone could actually cite the source of that quote you allege Bush had said about the GD piece of paper.

I'll bet you find that too, is something you are incorrect about

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Since this is such a long topic and I've been away for a couple days and, therefore, wasn't able to partake when this thread was fresh, I'm just going to take the liberty to throw my opinion in after much debate about this topic has already occured.

My disclaimer is that I HATE Fox News. I hate all cable news but Fox just makes me want to

With that said, I couldn't help but wonder as I was watching this how many times we have ALL been subject to this blatant disregard for truth and complete skewering of the facts in order to get a satisfactory portrayal of events on behalf of whomever is trying make things seem one way when they are entirely another.

I saw a few posts complaining, this wasn't proof, Jon Stewart is hardly reliable, etc. Regardless of all that, the proof is in the pudding and was put right in front of your faces. Jon Stewart had a clip from the Glenn Beck show using footage of his 9/12 event that was the EXACT SAME FOOTAGE Hannity used on his show for the Health Care reform protest.

It really doesn't matter if Hannity knew of what was occuring. He may just be a patsy who is just as much taken in by Fox News' shameful "news" reporting like it's own viewers. What does matter is that the people who work behind the scenes sure did take the time to make sure it looked like a whole lot more people attended the Health care reform protest than really did.

What matters is that those behind the scenes at Fox News WANT people tho THINK there were that many people when there weren't for one reason or another.

Back to my initial question of how much does this type of thing happen to us? How much of how we perceive events/issues that are important to us is based on this kind of alteration of the truth?

What would America really be like if this type of thing NEVER happened? If we knew EXACTLY how everything happened and were given the chance to make up our own minds after we are given FACTS not altered footage, heavy editing, and hot headed opinions?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hoi,
Is it not time to call it a day here, where are the mods?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Don't Believe ANYTHING EVER on T.V.!

It's ALL Manufactured!

You Are Under MY Control!

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!

signed, Rupert Murdoch the Moloch (Give Me ALL Your Money!)

(rinse,repeat,rinse,repeat,etc...)

Wait a minute, where's my wallet?

Oh Yeah! Radio TOO! (p.s. it's manufactured also by the same trolls as T.V.)

signed Cliff Albert (KOGO 600am San Diego)(we get our money from PSA's funded by the "public", so, we already got your money!)

rinse,repeat,rinse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am hesitant to post this thread. I believe all mainstream media is biased and that includes fox, but I really do believe Glen Beck is trying to make a change for the good in the country. I have only watched him for the last 7 months but in that time the truth he is telling is the same truth I share in my heart about this great country.

I hope with every once of my being he is sincere in his belief. I have read many stories about him that are negative. But people can and do change for the better. I am living proof of this people can change. I really do believe all of the other people on fox news are in on it but not Glen Beck he has made a stand that if he is wrong will cost him everything. And if you dont believe go and see for yourself, I dont care about his past I care that he is telling me the truth and the facts. And I challenge anyone to show me where he has lied in the last 7 months.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

I'm sorry... if I'd known you were dogmatic to the point of irrationality I wouldn't have tried to have a civilized debate with you. My bad, lol

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I dont understand how fox is doing so well in the ratings compaired to the other networks. If what most of the people on here claim about fox is true, and I am sure it is in certain aspects. Why are so many preferring it over CNN?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
I dont understand how fox is doing so well in the ratings compaired to the other networks. ... Why are so many preferring it over CNN?

I never understood why people watch "professional wrestling" either, but the world takes all kinds I suppose, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

I'm sorry... if I'd known you were dogmatic to the point of irrationality I wouldn't have tried to have a civilized debate with you. My bad, lol

That's the nice thing about the truth my friend, is that when you have the truth, their is absolutley nothing wrong with being dogmatic about it especially when the other guy is spreading rumors about quotes they think a former President made and money problems they think the Government can solve when the Government is in bed with the Banks.

So if you wanna go and have uncivilized debates with those who disagree with you, I guess you're in the right place because their will be plenty here that will disagree with you when you say things ya can't prove but rather call people names insinuating somehow some kind of victory.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well Hanity just admitted it was a "mistake"

This is just the start as we move along we will begin to see the veil being lifted.Lots more of this stuff will get exposed along with certain corporations,goverments and religious organizations.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
Well Hanity just admitted it was a "mistake"

He gave a lame excuse just like FOX always does "it was a mistake".They have a history whenever a repub gets in a scandal they put a D next to their name.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by greydaze]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

So people that support the direction of this admin and congress are in the minority? I just thought it should be the other way around, considering the outcome of the elections. I think washington has been painting a picture of support from people that don't exsist.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So we're referring to two news opinion talk shows on Fox News that used the same piece of footage to reference different things.

I don't see how this has anything to do with Fox News Coverage.

And not to excuse Fox News but all the other news channels have done the same damn thing. Except they do it in the actual news.

Irregardless, anyone who gets their news from a TV is asking to be lied to by the media giants that own the news agencies.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This whole thread is a lie based on a comedy routine.

Stewart and his crew found a legitimate error in Hannity's program and made a joke of it.

Hannity admitted the error and apologized.

Nonetheless, the error was not substantive. It didn't change the story that was being discussed.

This is just more liberal smear tactics against people who dare to tell the truth and make a mistake in the process.

It's all in the Alinsky play book. Look it up.

Read it for yourselves, as if anyone old enough to remember when Clinton was president needs to.

[edit on 2009/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is just more liberal smear tactics against people who dare to tell the truth and make a mistake in the process.

You still believe in that Republican vs. Democrat bull?

I guess some people have just been so indoctrinated into the 2-party system, they can't think without it anymore.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
well.. i quite watching the MSM news .. like ..........18 yrs ago?? Been so long that I really can't remember..

but, nothing really surprises me what's on the tv...99% if mind jello ..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I've lurked here for years and never said anything so hello to all.

when people argue points that have been proven to be false (concerning the POTUS, the white house, the health care bill, or whatever the flavor of the week talking points) and use said arguments as a vehicle for insult or rabblerousing rather than productive discourse and problem solving, it's clear to me that their agendas are as sinister as the stations whose ethics and motives we question.

i used to think that some americans were confused or just that dimwitted, and some are, to be sure, but i've come to accept that there is a large sect of this country's general populace that sees nothing wrong with using hyperbolic rhetoric to push their personal/group agendas, even if there's not a shred of truth present. they know that they are convoluting the truth or out-and-out lying and simply don't care. they just want their way or nothing. like whining toddlers...except evil, lol.

i'd be much more comfortable with these types if they would just state their agendas, however abrasive or hateful, instead of hiding behind this new found brand of patriotism that apparently just went on sale in november of last year. it's cowardice in it's most despicable form, disguised as concern for fellow man. little old ladies selling poison apples to the hungry leagues of not so astute joe and susie everypersons skipping down the path of constant media consumption. have some balls, why don't you?

seriously, where were all of you for the last 8? will someone please qualify all these vague and overused accusations that the POTUS has truly taken the seam ripper to the fabric of america? how is it even possible that he's done more bad than the last guy in a year? better yet don't. it's so tiring.

i think i just went back to thinking everyone's just a bunch of dumb@sses.

my .02

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
S. Hannity DOES NOT HOST a NEWS program, it is an entertainment show. BIG DIFFERENCE!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
On top of that john stewart is your source. That is a great source of information.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join