It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a left, or right brain thinker? Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think it would be interesting to find out which hemisphere of the brain is dominant on ATS. Most people are Left brain thinkers- schools and class room systems are focused mainly for left brain thinkers...

Because left brain strategies are the ones used most often in the classroom, right brain students sometimes feel inadequate.

I have added a various tests as to receive a correct result & better understanding. As tests may vary regarding the types of questions, I believe it is better to do all three to be comfortable with the result.

In general the left and right hemispheres of your brain process information in different ways. We tend to process information using our dominant side. However, the learning and thinking process is enhanced when both side of the brain participate in a balanced manner. This means strengthening your less dominate hemisphere of the brain. Listed below are information processing styles that are characteristically used by your right or left brain hemisphere. Read the information below to help you understand how your brain processes information. Pay attention to your less dominant style so that you can learn how to improve it.

Fist off, the fun one- Warning, can be quite annoying when you get stuck...

Below are the next two tests.

Hemespheric Dominance Test

Righ Brain vs Lft Brain Creativity test.

I am looking forward to viewing your results! I think this can help us better understand each other, & why we sometimes don't see eye to eye...Or should I say, hemisphere to hemisphere.

P.S Please flag it if you like it and would like to see others results, otherwise this thread will just disappear! I would like to see as many results as possible..

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
hmm.. i can make it change either direction,not at first.. but a few turns and you can pick where you can make it change,pretty ko0l.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Here are my results....
Left Brain Right Brain
44% 56%

Your Left Brain Percentages
47% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
32% Linear
25% Logical
22% Sequential
0% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
46% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
36% Fantasy-oriented
34% Intuitive
32% Nonverbal
28% Random
24% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

And the second test.

You responded as a right brained person to 13 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 5questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

As for the dancing woman, I see her going clockwise... Sometimes she 'hooks' but that's not the video- It's your mind! Once I get her to go anti-clockwise I have trouble getting her back to clockwise. I really have to look away for a while and come back to the screen for things to go back to normal!

My boyfriend watched it this morning, OMG did we argue! He is adamant she moves anti-clockwise but the more I explain to him that is is his perception, the more he argues! You cannot argue about this...many people will see this differently. Just keep that in mind!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

I suspect the answer may well depend upon which hemisphere you ask.

Patients with severed Corpus Callosum still perceive themselves as one identity - but by blocking sensory input appropriately, it's possible to interview each hemisphere of the brain individually due to the disabling of the main channel of communication between them.

In fact, it was this research into the Corpus Callosum which lead Roger Sperry to discover the specialization of cerebral hemispheres. A discovery that netted him 1/2 of the '81 Nobel Prize (shared with two colleagues).

Granted, I'm not suffering from split brain, but the same phenomena occurring in those patients is occurring in all of us... excepting that both sides can still communicate easily.

On most tests, as well as a few insults hurled my way, I infer that I am left-brain dominant.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

59% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
27% Linear
27% Sequential
17% Symbolic
14% Verbal
7% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

44% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Fantasy-oriented
37% Concrete
30% Holistic
15% Intuitive
6% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

I suppose reality-based at 7% and fantasy-oriented at 40% explains why I signed up at this site.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

A friend of mine showed me a video, in which a term was used and I only cite it as it was the first thought that came to my mind.

"Dual braining", when I speak with him again, I will get the video and link it.

The reference was in regards to split personality, how ever the combination of this thread and that term, had instantly triggered a thought of MKULTRA.

Could this mechanism be the key to hynosis, and or MKULTRA?

[edit to add below]

There was another thread on this subject that linked to the dancer image, an animated gif or some thing. Some time ago, this is a great reminder.

Also, when I first looked at the dancer I saw her spin clock wise, but am able to control her percieved direction by focusing on her feet more than any where else. Seems to help with the ease of manipulating the perception for me.

So in my opinon the term dual braining is more accurate for this sort of reference, and less accurate for a dual personality reference, how ever I do also admit I am not a knowledgable source on this subject, and defer to those who may be more so than I.

Does the test work?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The dancing woman is awesome. I could do that all night. I can immediately make her go whichever way I want. At one point I tried to see if I could get her to stay still lol!

As far as the tests:

Left Brain Right Brain
58% 42%

43% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
42% Symbolic
34% Reality-based
27% Sequential
27% Verbal
25% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

34% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
28% Concrete
24% Holistic
24% Intuitive
24% Fantasy-oriented
7% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

and

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

How do they figure I use the left brain the most if I answered both equally?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Interesting thread! I can't watch the video while at work, but will do so later!

A book that anyone who wants to "activate" their right hemisphere more, which I enjoyed reading but haven't actually worked through yet, because I think you need the right kind of people to take part with you, is "The Right Brain Experience", I can't remember the author!

I think we could ALL do with using our right brain more, the planet would be a happier more peaceful place if we did!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I was waiting for someone to point out her feet!

She slightly bounces up and down, if you look at her shadow and her feet at the same time when her foot passes at 6:00 O'clock, you can rotate her with ease. I just cant get her to go back to clockwise once I make her go anti-clockwise!

I don't quite get the dual braining thing, When you get the vid it would be great if you could post it on my wall or something!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
LoL, what anoys me is that she bounces back and forth, some times I cant get her spin...she just swings left to right, right to left not making complete rotations, just when she would turn her back, she swings back to the left then right, not spinning around. LOL

I can sort of imagine how it is for people who can not get her to change direction, but what if she always is in a constant state of direction change, what does that mean?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
lol...I don't really think the tests are all that reliable...one said my left side was dominant (only by a few percent) and the other said my right side was dominant (also only by a few percent)...maybe I use them 50/50 so the tests are pretty much reliable...but one test said I see the whole picture first...the other stated I look at the smaller parts before the whole...so I don't know...interesting any how.

EDIT: She spins clockwise for me although I can make it change...but 2/3 tests say I use my right side...so if anyone asks
I have my answer.

EDIT: I thought I'd just add my results from the last test:

Left Brain - 54% Right Brain - 46%

42% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Symbolic
34% Reality-based
32% Linear
27% Verbal
22% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

38% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Fantasy-oriented
29% Intuitive
24% Holistic
19% Concrete
17% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

[edit on 11/11/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Is there something wrong with me? I got left brain on two tests and right on the third. Here are the results:

1) You responded as a right brained person to 6 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 12questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

2) Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
54% 46%

67% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
32% Linear
27% Verbal
18% Sequential
17% Symbolic
14% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

75% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
29% Fantasy-oriented
20% Intuitive
19% Concrete
18% Holistic
6% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

3) The girl in the video appears CLOCKWISE (Right brain). Although, I am able to focus and make it appear anti-clockwise, and then back to clockwise. It was really hard to focus at first and could not get it to change direction, but then I looked at it only through the edge of my eye (peripheral vision) and that seemed to help change directions.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

How did you get an Aerosmither album name for your answer ?? 51-50?? isnt that 101%.

Anyways , i got 50-50, always do in these sorts of tests. I guess this is why i coast through most things but never overly excel in one.

S&F

[edit on 11/11/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by weathernut

Is there something wrong with me? I got left brain on two tests and right on the third.
Read my above post...I got right brain on 2 tests, and left on one. Also...check out our percentages for the second test...54% and 46%...exactly the same...freaky...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by Nicodeme

How did you get an Aerosmither album name for your answer ?? 51-50?? isnt that 101%.

Anyways , i got 50-50, always do in these sorts of tests. I guess this is why i coast through most things but never overly excel in one.

S&F

[edit on 11/11/2009 by scubagravy]

Wow I just noticed that. Shows you how much I love math. I have no idea how it came out to 101%, but I copy-pasted the results, so that's what the site said. But of course, if I retake it, the results will be different. Maybe the right side of my brain is just 1% larger!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by weathernut

I would say you have a good balance between the two hemispheres..

This is why I say take all the tests you can...The type of questions asked in the two tests are very different. You may use your right hemisphere more for specific things, as with your left hemisphere.

I do not have a phd, but I would say you are a logical thinker, with an open mind..if that makes sense.

It is good to have a balance between the two. Mine scored 44% left &56% right although I answered 13 questions right brained & 5 questions left brained. I suppose it would depend on the type of questions asked and what the situation is that you are referring to in your mind when answering the questions.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

You realize you got exactly the opposite of me?!

Edit to add-
Sorry, I got confused! My result was 44% left & 56%right... See I'm bad at math!
Funny thing is, I've always known that my algebra skills are non existent, but geometry was a walk in the park. I never understood why up until now!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I can sort of imagine how it is for people who can not get her to change direction, but what if she always is in a constant state of direction change, what does that mean?

I would say you are focusing too hard! Try to relax...

Edit to add-
This is for you! From the track-

"Now I think that I'm stuck, I can't figure_how_to_get_out_of_this _rut."

Aah, cracks me up!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

How is that? It seems u got L - 44% R - 56% ...close though...or did you mean we were opposite in something else?

EDIT: Ok...never mind...I read your edit.

[edit on 11/11/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

All these questions are somewhat subjective. Total your R s then subtract it from 22 question if the remainder is less than eleven you are right brain dominant. The smaller the remainder the higher the degree of right brain dominance. The online test returns a lot more interesting analysis.

The ultimate situation is not to have one dominant hemisphere but rather a whole brain, a golden brain a balanced brain. A cognitively enhanced brain. People that have a balanced brain might tend to choose both answers.

So there ya go, and to top it all off I am an Aquarius, true not cusp.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join