It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villa Santina Close Encounter 3rd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Villa Santila, Italy - Close Encounter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2066b72bf32c.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is an interesting UFO case that I could not find archived on this site... If it is and I just missed it, please trash this thread. I only intend to give a brief overview of this case as there just isn't much to it.

August 14, 1947

Occuring just weeks after the Kenneth Arnold sightings of the same year, this case is perhaps the first post Arnold case involving a UFO landing with occupants exiting the craft and even approaching the witness.

Signor Johannis

Signor Johannis was an artist who had gone to Chiarso Creek on or abouts 9AM on the morning of August 14 to paint some landscapes. At some point he notices a "30' Craft" land nearby and a moment later two beings standing outside the craft.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7192ee655bec.jpg[/atsimg]

Witness describes the beings as being about 3' tall wearing blue jumpsuits with a bright red collar and belt, spherical helmet which seems too big for their heads, faces uncovered with a greenish color to their skin, large plum purple eyes and having a claw-like hand which has 8 fingers (four opposing four as our thumbs oppose our fingers).

With paintbrushes still in hand Mr. Johannis decides to wave the beings over to him and fears that his gesture may have been mistaken for one of hostility as one of the beings touches his red belt emitting a vapour that renders the artist helpless on his back.

He watches as the beings approach him, look at his easel, pick it up, start painting on it and steal it upon leaving the area in the craft from which they came.

The End.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Now, the reason I thought to post this, other than not seeing it on this site, is because I am becoming more and more interested in how the descriptions of these entities seem to change a bit over time.

A few things struck me odd about this story. The jumpsuits for one, it seems that green or blue jumpsuit type wardrobes are abundant the further you go back in UFOlogy. Also, the further you go back the more you encounter stories of people coming into contact with beings with claws for hands, long noses, green colored skin, etc.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Anybody else?

Edit to add - The bright red belt description also bears resemblance to the Antonio Villas Boas case... www.interstellar-travel.com...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi. Great thread, and really interesting.
Never heard of these encounters before, and always intrigued by them.
I THINK I'd really love an encounter like this, but you never know until you're in that situation yourself.
I have seen many odd looking lights and stuff, but sadly never in enough detail to know for certain what they are, but definitely not known Earth craft..
Star and flag from me anyway, for what it's worth.
Now I'm off to check out more from the links you provided.
See ya.
I.A.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
You know, I'm not sure what I would do if I were put in this guy's situation.
For starters I have a hard time believing I would try to wave them down.

But yeah, it was a pretty cool story, I thought.
That ufoevidence website is a pretty good one. You can get lost for hours in there reading the different cases.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

gazoo?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
didn't the Sorocco encounter also have similar beings? I remember reading that they also had four opposing digits on each side and were of similar size, (they paralyzed the guy as well as taking off soon after)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Villa Santila, Italy - Close Encounter

A few things struck me odd about this story. The jumpsuits for one, it seems that green or blue jumpsuit type wardrobes are abundant the further you go back in UFOlogy. Also, the further you go back the more you encounter stories of people coming into contact with beings with claws for hands, long noses, green colored skin, etc.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Anybody else?

I'm under the firm belief that the aliens are able to take any appearance because they are not really aliens in the traditional sense, but the fallen ones or fallen angels. The reason they change in appearance is because as our perceived vision of them changes, so do the shape shifting "aliens".

They conform to what we depict them as. Just like the cigar shaped UFO's are now almost all saucer shaped after Kenneth Arnold called them that.

They are here because they are still trying to mess with the DNA of man, which God expressly forbids them to do. But we know they mixed angel DNA with human to create giants before the great flood, and then again also after that. So God had to destroy them (the giants) once again.

The Bible also states that several of the fallen angels were put into some kind of detention for doing this, and are still there. But it also mentions that they will be loosed in the end days.

Very interesting post and it really makes sense as to why not only the "aliens" are changing in appearance, but also the craft.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Interesting story OP, starred and flagged.

Don't think this could be an artists way of generating interest around his work do you? By fabricating this story to make the media?

I'm no debunker, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when reading about it.

Either way, scary how the aliens tech always seem to render people and objects motionless. I'd be scared out of my life if I was laying on my back with aliens approaching and I couldn't move.

Peace,
FK

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Removed by notreallyalive.

Just ranting...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
those thieves!

very nice find but was there any evidence? lol besides a stolen easel

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Regarding the different appearances I suppose it is possible that in earlier eras, maybe pre-1952, earth was visited by a large number of different "races" whereas for whatever reason and through whatever mechanism "access" is now controlled or limited.

Would be interesting to see an actual timeline displayed with some of the more creditable descriptions to see if any patterns do emerge.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

gazoo?

Looks like we've finally solved one of the conspiracies on this site. It appears this is just another clear cut example of the great gazoo meddling with earth again. His wishes were never harmless.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, until now I was unaware of this case.

I find it interesting that these early alien encounters seem to follow a pattern of stumbling upon the UFO occupants whilst they are outside their craft, all in all they seem to be a lot less threatening than the modern abduction encounters although rendering the observer paralysed is rather disturbing.

On the subject of the paralysis: I have heard the story of aliens rendering observers immobile through the use of a belt mounted device in at least two other encounters (although I can't recall the names at the moment), I wonder if this corroborates this account or is evidence of some kind of social preconception prevalent to the time period?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Interesting that you should bring that up.
I am currently working on a thread that will strive to do just that, but I won't be looking for patterns in appearances. Slow going though. It will definately be the most involved thread I have authored here.
Problem is, I have to stop working on it quite frequently because if I don't I find that I start rushing through information in an attempt to get it done...

Anyhow, to another poster questioning about evidence.
Nope, no evidence really. It is just some dude's story. But I thought it was interesting.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

There is no doubt that this case could be just that...some dude looking to bring attention to his artwork.
But I really don't see any reason to flatout label him as a hoaxer.

What was interesting to me was the appearance of the beings. Similar accounts and whatnot.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Maybe it was this fellow here.

Not a one liner, a 2 liner... with a picture.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The real name of the witness was Luigi Rapuzzo, he was a painter, a sci-fi writer and a Flying saucer buff.
This is a cover of once of his shi-fi books

There's something to say regarding the time of the sighting: while the claim is that it occurred on August 14, 1947, he made his story public only in May 1964 on the Italian UFO journal "Clypeus" issue n°2, with an article written by himself titled "I saw a Flying Saucer" (but his friends were told the story since late '50, and most of his books were written between 1954 and 1958).
A more accurate description of his character, by italian researcher Edoardo Russo, can be found here: Virtuallystrange
The the same article was re-published many times:

(Clypeus 4, 2 & 3; UFO in Italia I, 82-85; GdM 2, 11, 27 + GdM 5, 56, 6-8 + SANI I, 160 + Giorni 11/5/77 + OSSOLA III, 700-703 + LORENZEN II, 77 + Globus sett./ott. 1980 + RIBERA I, 219-221 + GIANFRANCESCHI I, 171-174 + CLYPEUS 1, 2-5, 3 & 6-9, 3 + CLYPEUS 6, 22, 29-31 & 23, 86-88; INTCAT 183; BOWEN I, 207, 213 + RIBERA I, 199-200 + FSR 13, 1 + Magonia 81 + M63 +INTCAT (Belgio), 14 + UFO INFO 12, 48, 18 + UFO SVERIGE AKTUELLT 4, 2, 24 )

These are more sketches made by him

He also pointed out, in this letter sent to the same newspaper together with the sketches above,

that once he had sent to another newspaper a more accurate sketch, and that they never published it and even lost it.
He also said that the recall of the beings had became weak, after so many years.

The case is ectremely controversial, the only evidence is his account, he had some valid reasons to make up the story, and it has been classified as a CE3 encounter, likely hoax (*4701.14 Agosto 194709.14IR3N.AF./POSS. FALSO).

I think that we will never know whether he did lied or he didn't.
Thanks for sharing

www.ufo.it...
www.ufo.it...
www.virtuallystrange.net...
it.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Wow, thanks for the information.
So the name I gave was an alias? Hmmm... yeah, a likely hoax considering his sci-fi leanings.
Anyhow, I thought it was a pretty interesting story due to the similarities in description to some other accounts. Apparently though, this dude kept himself abreast of other witness reports and likely just carried some of the info over into his own fabricated account... Like others suggested, and I even suspected possibly myself, to draw attention to his work.

Cool.
Dude, you are on top of this stuff!
Awesome.

top topics

join