It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this it? Is this the smoking gun of the existence of the Yeti?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For anybody that caught the episode of Destination Truth last night, this is hands down one of the most intriguing finds in the cryptozoological fields in some time-maybe EVER.

While investigating deep in the woods of Bhutan, the team members come across a tree that has deep, claw-like marks scratched across it, as well as a tuft of hairs at the location. Now I fully expected this to come back as being a bear or something non-eventful, but when they submitted it to a DNA / forensic testing lab in Texas, the forensic scientist (herself SURPRISED by the findings), states that the sample was close on the human parameter spectrum, indicating a large primate of some sort, but of a completely UNKNOWN genetic sequence! Now THIS is exciting!!

Fast forward to about the 2:45 mark to get to the hair findings:

[edit on 5-11-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That is really interesting. I think that bigfoot has to exist. Too many cultures have stories that are almost identical in identifying these creatures. Good find, star and flag.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I watched that episode and was shocked at the hair sample find. Something not in that database? Two for two looking for clues on the yeti? My biggest problem with that episode is why was there not a bigger deal made of it? You would think that the news would have been leaked out before the show aired
Just a little suspicious.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

It could be that the MSM is very reluctant to even touch the Bigfoot subject so soon after the massive hoax last year. Although, it's odd they jumped all over it so quickly in the first place.

Maybe they are waiting to see if any others will corroborate the findings.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The Destination Truth investigators did have a news conference last year, after the discovery of a huge unknown footprint in the same area of Bhutan.
This is why they made a return trip to the same region.

This was mentioned on last nights show.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
The Destination Truth investigators did have a news conference last year, after the discovery of a huge unknown footprint in the same area of Bhutan.
This is why they made a return trip to the same region.

This was mentioned on last nights show.

yeah interesting indeed.. dont think this was the last trip going to be made either after what Josh said before it went off

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Interesting! This is a huge find! Hair from an unknown large primate where large primates are thought not to exist. S&F. If I could give more than one I would!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
These attention whores are always running around at night for no reason except an excuse to wear the damn headlights and have the fake night vision effect on camera. I would not put stock in ANYTHING FOUND BY THEM. They are not scientifically investigating anything. Ask yourselves what are they trying to conceal by always shooting at night so the only things you can see are what they want you to see.

Edited to add the following:

I have stalked a few wild animals in my time. And there are indeed some nocturnal animals you have to go out in the night to find. Two of the requirements to successfully finding elusive night critters are SILENCE and STEALTH. Neither of which is being exhibited on this video. These amateurs are a bunch of loud mouths mashing their way across the countryside. No self respecting night critter is going to allow themselves to be in the same county as these three stooges.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Tufts of unknown hair, even a complete unidentified skeletal hand has been found in the past. Unfortunately, without the discovery of a body or something more conclusive, this doesn't mean anything.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Researcher Lloyd Pye has more on this subject, lots which is available on YouTube.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
two things really bothered me with this TV show...

first:

when they found the hair, it just looked so staged, the hair looked really out of place, the guys reaction while finding it appeared so fake... i mean sure, maybe they discovered the hair sample while the crew wasn't filming and they had to reenact it, to make it more "TV". but the whole thing just looked very fishy to me.

and second:

why in the world would they take the hair sample to be analyzed in some
backyard texan DNA lab, i mean TIMPSON?!?! come guys you can do better...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by bladebosq]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It is so great that I can miss Destination Truth because of time devoted to ATS and still catch anything so significant as this right here. ATS rocks in a big way and so do you OP.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
These attention whores are always running around at night for no reason except an excuse to wear the damn headlights and have the fake night vision effect on camera.

How is their night vision fake? Also their Flir thermal device is sweet, and very expensive, in the range of $10,000.

Originally posted by groingrinder
I would not put stock in ANYTHING FOUND BY THEM.

They are a tv show, and I think very entertaining. I especially liked the one on ghosts of chernobyl. The haunted forest one freaked me out. I have nothing bad to say about a bunch of brave, enthusiastic individuals seeking the truth, and coming out with great footage. Where else can you find a group of people willing to go into and film a unexplored cave at night known to have some man-eating monster hiding in it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The "yeti" hair looked like what would have come off my barbie doll, when I was little and got scissor happy.

I love Destination Truth. It's my favorite show, but I think it's odd that they find some kind of evidence every. single. show. Granted, they never find anything conclusive, but I just wonder how it's possible to spend as little time as they spend on an investigation and still manage to come up with so many things. I know that we only see a very small amount of their actual investigation time, but still...

I really wondered why they took the specimen to Houston to be analyzed. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't they almost always do that in LA?

I would love to have their job, though. And Josh Gates is fricken hilarious!

[edit on 11/5/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There was an episode of MonsterQuest on the History Channel once where they investigated a claim that a trap outside of a cabin in Canada that was supposedly ransacked by a sasquatch/big foot had blood and hair left on it. There wasn't much left that they could analyze, but the DNA test came back as an unknown primate, just like in this case.

They later did a follow-up episode, where they re-analyzed the DNA at a different lab and it came back as dog or something; it was completely different. It really depends on who does the tests and if they're credible.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They need to match it up with MonsterQuests DNA findings from Snellgrove Lake.............Says Alean My Sasquatch Brother.........

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
width="425" height="344"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/8ijrC9W1jVo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I like watching Destination Truth. I think Josh is pretty funny.
But, I have to agree with the others in that these guys are not using any scientific methods. They seem to me, like bumbling idiots running around in the dark. They are not careful and they take daring risks that could cause someone to get hurt badly or even killed. Last night on the FLIR, the animal they caught sure looked to me like it had four legs--it was clearly not a yeti, but they chased after it.

Josh's humor is entertaining enough for me to watch it.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
dont get me wrong, i believe in aliens, ghosts and things of that nature, some people would call me gullable a la madre, but i must say this whole YETI thing i dunno.....kinda fishy....BUT, i DO think there is some sort of primate out there that resembles a yeti or fits along the description of one, but nonetheless i think its just been a Neanderthal all along... really, think about it.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by Zeta Reticuli]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I watched this episode and was quite surprised that they actually found something of substance. Most of these types of shows result in asking the same questions at the end of the episode as they do in the beginning.

It seems to me that the evidence for a large primate(either Yeti or Bigfoot) is getting rather strong. There are lots of foot prints, hair samples and eye witness accounts. More research is definitely needed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join