It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the Catholics change the ten commandments ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

"Prophet of Above Top Secret"? Hmmm, I don't recall that being in the Word of God.

I do however recall that a 'prophet of God' being spoken of very often in the Word of God. And someone claiming to have a prophecy from the Lord had to pass a LITMUS test... 100% accuracy.

I have never once claimed to be a prophet, nor have I ever claimed the Lord has given me a prophetic revelation.

Ellen G. White on the other hand can't say the same, she claimed to be a prophet of God, and made over 100 prophecies which failed to come to pass.

She is a false prophet, and thank God we are under the covenant of grace or her false prophet behind would have been taken out of the church and stoned to death. She was a charlatan, a liar, a plagiarist, and a false prophet. A "wolf in sheep's clothing", teaching the "doctrines of men".

If I were you I'd leave the church as fast as I possibly could. But don't sit there and lie through your teeth and say that I have declared to be a prophet or declared that I had a prophetic revelation from God. You're a liar, I have never claimed such.

I challenge you to provide evidence of my doing so, if you cannot you need to recant that lie.
Here's one:

. . .Gog/Magog war comes before the Tribulation,. . .
just as an example, making statements about future events, looks like a prophecy, to me.
If Mrs. White claimed to be a prophet, you should be able to produce a quote.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Your version of what God wants is no more exeptional or valid than mine. It is no more valid than anyone's. Even the guy you called a false prophet.
You should accept what you hold true, and be you. What you should not do is preach the word of God as if your way is the right way. We all have the ability to read and understand what you've been taught, and at this stage of the game if we don't think that way then we don't need you to correct us plz. Thank you.
I am not correcting you or notyourtypical unless I am first challenged on mine. I don't think it is right for these two people having a little party on this thread enjoying denigrating 17 million people who happen to belong to the seventh-day Adventist church.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
jmdewey60 you are also wrong about that if you go around teaching the word of God you are a prophet. If you go around teaching the word of God you are a Teacher, simple as that.
Take a look at the mini-profile. "Enlisted in the Lord's Army Silencing the Heretics" that is a bold statement that fits the definition of a prophet.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Is your creepy avatar supposed to be a Jesus type guy or Charles Manson? I'm just curious. And what's with the ball of light? Is your Messiah getting ready to "HADOKEN!" someone?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

kingofmd your thinking of how the 4th commandment means going to church is breaking the sabbath day you are sadly mistaken. Since when is going to church considered work.

My thinking is irrelevant. The Bible is the source of knowledge, not my feelings or opinions. You were not allowed to travel more than 2000 cubits in distance on the Sabbath which they derrived from Joshua 3:4-5:

"And they commanded the people, saying, When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it. Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about 2,000 cubits by measure; come not near it, thay ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore."

Another thing you have gotten horribly wrong is saying when someone breaks one of the ten commandments they are breaking them all and that is not true at all.

I guess James (the brother of Jesus), the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, along with myself are wrong, and you're right?

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Please explain this verse, if my interpretation is incorrect? If you want to live and be judged under the law, have fun. You are wasting your time, you have already transgressed. Repent and trust in Jesus, it is the only way.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

That's not a prophecy JM, repeating whet Daniel and John said is simply that, teaching. Daniel and John were the prophets.

I'm no prophet nor have I ever in my life claimed to be. God has never given me special revelation to share with the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Your version of what God wants is no more exeptional or valid than mine. It is no more valid than anyone's. Even the guy you called a false prophet.
You should accept what you hold true, and be you. What you should not do is preach the word of God as if your way is the right way. We all have the ability to read and understand what you've been taught, and at this stage of the game if we don't think that way then we don't need you to correct us plz. Thank you.
I am not correcting you or notyourtypical unless I am first challenged on mine. I don't think it is right for these two people having a little party on this thread enjoying denigrating 17 million people who happen to belong to the seventh-day Adventist church.

Appeal to numbers.

We are to rightly divide the Word, and doctrines, to constantly study to show ourselves approved, and to bring false teaching to the light of day.

It's what were are instructed to do.

"Iron sharpens iron" my friend.

We are told to remove ourselves from churches or teachers who teach false doctrines or who are false prophets, says so right in the Word. I left a Reformed Presbyterian church that even my family attends because of false doctrine. I do the exact same thing myself in my Christian faith.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

jmdewey60 you are also wrong about that if you go around teaching the word of God you are a prophet. If you go around teaching the word of God you are a Teacher, simple as that.
Take a look at the mini-profile. "Enlisted in the Lord's Army Silencing the Heretics" that is a bold statement that fits the definition of a prophet.

Are you kidding me??

"Enlisted in the Lord's Army" = Born again

"Silencing Heretics" = calling to light false doctrines and false prophets

I have never in my life claimed to have special revelation from God. Repeating something already written in the Bible doesn't make someone a prophet, it just means that person can READ.

Ellen G. White was a heretic, and I'm on you so much because I can tell by your posts and devotion that you love the Lord! And there are an infinite amount of false teachers, prophets, and doctrines out there, all Christians are to try and help a brother or sister on a wrong path.

If ANY of us are under a teacher, preacher, or a self-proclaimed prophet we are to examine everything about them, everything they say, and if they begin to err we are to call that out and leave their church/ministry if they fail to recant their false teachings.

I love you JM, you're a brother in Christ. I don't hate you man, I hate false teachers, prophets, and doctrines of men.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"Silencing Heretics" = calling to light false doctrines and false prophets
I would expect someone who holds himself as judge over the prophets, would have some sort of spiritual insight, himself.
Especially one who can make that judgment without any actual evidence or even reading the writings of the one being condemned. That person would have to be a prophet of the highest order, I would think.

You should do a thorough study of the history of Sunday laws in the United States. You would find out that they have been upheld by the Supreme Court, twice. The US recognises Sunday as "The Christian Sabbath". That did not happen because of a few "heretics". It happened because the Christians of this country believed that the keeping of the Sabbath was mandatory for all Christians, as part of the Ten Commandments. That's a fact. What Mrs. White and a lot of other people realized was that, according to the Bible, the actual Sabbath was on the seventh day of the week, not the first, as they had been taught at church. In order to worship on God's day, they found out that they needed to have their own church. So, big heretic, eh? I don't think so. If the SDA's happen to be the only church left standing who believe in the Ten Commandments, then who are the heretics?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Is your creepy avatar supposed to be a Jesus type guy or Charles Manson? I'm just curious. And what's with the ball of light? Is your Messiah getting ready to "HADOKEN!" someone?
Jesus, and not a jesus-type guy. Jesus is the light of the world and he is so by sharing that light with men who can take it into their hearts. God wants us to be good and live, not evil and perish from the world, never to return. With the spirit of Jesus, we can be good people and acceptable to God, and have everlasting life.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Okay bro, prophets condemn themselves by their own words. Ellen g. White stated she was a messenger of God, her book "The Great Conspiracy" is a great plagiarism from J.N. Andrews work. I have already provided numerous web pages where the two are contrasted side by side and you can plainly see that she copied his material.

That's PLAGIARISM. And her "prophecies" are written on paper as well, there are over a hundred that failed to materialize, if even one failed to come to pass she is a false prophet, I suppose over a hundred doesn't matter??

Like I said numerous times, I could care less what day of the week you gather for worship, I'm not a judge of Sabbaths, I let every man honor any day he wants if he is honoring it to the Lord. I take exception with folks who try and Judaize Christians and say we must worship on a certain day, that's exactly the issue Paul addressed in Galatians.

I worship God EVERY day in Spirit, I just choose to gather with other Christians on Sundays for fellowship. if you want to gather on Saturday, I don't care, you have the freedom to do so under the covenant of grace.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hey wait a minute dude, who said I didn't believe in the 10 Commandments????

I understand fully that if I love my neighbor as myself I keep ALL the commandments:

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Galatians 5:14

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." John 15:12

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dude, for the love of God almighty..

READ GALATIANS.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Okay bro, prophets condemn themselves by their own words. Ellen g. White stated she was a messenger of God,. . .
Maybe you should change your title on your mini-profile to, "I am not a messenger of God" just to make sure no one mistakes you for a prophet.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That was a very nice explanation of Jesus with the light. Thanx

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am not sure about this so please correct if and where I am wrong . I have herd that as for keeping the Sabbath one was not suppose to travel further then 1 mile form your home and also one was not even suppose to burn a flame , no ? That would rule out travel by car as well as having the furnace on no ?

Edit to add , having said that I am not saying that God wants us to frizz

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I believe that correct definition of a Prophet is - A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed he is also an inspired man called to speak for God, that man is our prophet, seer, and revelator, the only man on earth who receives revelation from God to lead the church.
This enlisiting in the lords army silencing heretics sounds like your on some holy jihad, and it maybe in the bible but it probably doesnt mean what you think it means.
Now this bit of information about not traveing so far on the sabbath was correct back then, not now. If you were not allowed to leave your house on the sabbath day how would you get to church? The whole with Joshua 3:4-5 was correct yet again back then because it was all they had, they didnt have a set church to worship they had to use tents and stuff.
Yes the sabbath day is the seventh day and that day is SUNDAY not saturday. It seems to me that you are either misinterpreting the bible or taking it too literally which is an easy mistake.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I believe that correct definition of a Prophet is - A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed he is also an inspired man called to speak for God, that man is our prophet, seer, and revelator, the only man on earth who receives revelation from God to lead the church.
1 Corinthians 12:28 And God has placed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, gifts of healing, helps, gifts of leadership, different kinds of tongues.

It seems that in the early church, it was expected that there would be many prophets. These were probably persons who felt a special inspiration by the Spirit to give interpretations of how current events were part of the fulfilling of scripture prophecy. They believed back then that only a prophet could see how Christ is in the Old Testament. Also, the prophet was the one who would lead the prayers.
You can find that in, Doctrine and practice in the early church By Stuart George Hall, which is in Google books, page 30.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
catholics preceeded protestants (they left the catholic church in protest of what it was doing)

unless The Church changed the commandments after the protestant reformation, it was the protestants who changed the commandment.

im guessing they changed it to fit the jewish ten commandments better. judaism is where it all started anyways.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

You are right. You are guessing.

The book we call "Exodus" or the "Second Book of Moses" (depending on your tradition) was originally written in Hebrew. Seventy Jews in Alexandria, Egypt translated what we call the Old Testament into Greek (this translation was called the Septuagint for the 70 translators). The Septuagint was used for the translation into Latin. The Latin version was used by the Catholics for their English translations, whereas the Protestant translation used the Greek for their English translations. The Catholic translations into English came after the Protestant translations.

An argument can be made that the initial Catholic translations into English were made after their theology was settled whereas the initial Protestant translations were made about the time their theology was being debated.

IF your theology and your Bible don't line up, what do you do? Create a conspiracy theory!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by CharlesMartel]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Okay bro, prophets condemn themselves by their own words. Ellen g. White stated she was a messenger of God,. . .
Maybe you should change your title on your mini-profile to, "I am not a messenger of God" just to make sure no one mistakes you for a prophet.
It's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to mistake me for a prophet, I have never claimed to be one or claimed to have a prophetic revelation.

You're grasping at straws dude.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join