It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here is a story, are christians really good people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
hello everyone, I'm not trying to insult anyone's religion, I respect everyone, I don't care what they believe in, their color of skin, I respect everyone. so this is a small story that happened to me.

A few months back, i rented the place where i live right now, its a nice 4 room house, its pretty big and comfortable. when i rented the place I had to leave a deposit, the first and last month, and a security deposit. which was a pretty big expense. so the person who rented the place for me, is this christian lady, who goes to church every sunday, she talks about god and the bible every time she gets a chance, and she is very devoted to her christian religion. I can say shes christian because she told me.

So I've lived here for about 8 months now, and 2 weeks ago i get a knock on the door, and it was from the clerks office and when i looked out the window i saw the badge, my first thought great what did my brother do now, when i opened the door the officer asked for the owner of the house by name, i told him im sorry i rented this place from her, and he told me wow, this house has been in foreclosure about a year now, i was very confused. i received 2 stacks of papers on for me and another for her, so i called her up and i told her, why didnt you tell me the house was in foreclosure, she hung up. 3 days later her lawyer called me and told me look what she did was wrong and if you want you can stay there without paying rent, for 3 or 6 more months.

Now i think thats wrong, and i told him look I don't want to screw her over like she did me, but tell her ill pay her half the rent, take it or leave it, if she says no than im saying here until i find a new place but im for sure staying the last month deposit and the security deposit. 2 days later she calls me and tells me that she would lower the price 100 dollars less, i was furious cause i felt insulted, i told her look i already talk to your lawyer, she than tells me that she was going to sue me and i told her, what you did was wrong and you know it, the only one that can judge our wrong doings is god, i think that got her really mad cause she didn't say a word, i than proceeded to tell her that it was better for her to speak with my lawyer and to better understand herself with Jesus Christ and God.

I have encountered many Christians who say they follow their religion as is suppose to be, but they have all turn out to be cheap thieves who lie, and have no respect for other people and are very selfish.

My question is, are Christians more corrupt these days? or is it only here in Florida?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe it is people who are corrupt these days. I do not have a faith, nor do I feel I need one to act morally. I judge people by their actions and not their mumblings. I try and surround myself with people who I share a common morality with (I'm aware that there are ethic principles which can justify almost anything ), and I believe are "good" people. The divide in faith is almost haphazard, and there seems to be very little correlation between faith and being "moral", "kind" or "good". Some of the people who I respect most in life are deeply religious, others arent. The revese is also true.

In short, I've come to the conclusion that titles and doctrines count for very little because we are unable to transcend our humanity.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

thank you, I just turned 20 years old and i'am starting to see the reality of how people really are.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There are many corrupt christians, as well as good ones, the thing is that the corrupted ones are mostly the ones in charge of alot of things. Christianity has become more and more of a disgrace because of the way people manipulate many aspects of it, and manipulate people who follow them. It's for reasons like this that i prefer not to have a specific religion "genre" but my own personal views and beliefs on various aspects of certain religions.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You would be surprised at how many scummy people goto mass on sunday, and society think there great as what ever.

For me a christian means nothing, all the people i went to school with where christians, but most where scummy murderers, so what does being christian have to do with it.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

I dont think its the christians, it's just Florida
I live in FL and I cant tell you how many times I have had problems like this with people here esp when it comes to renting. People in FL, not all but a lot, are just greedy and they dont care about anyone else. It has nothing to do with ones religion. Also maybe she doesnt have the same beliefs as you and thats why she didnt like your answer. I know I dont like it when some tells me to learn Jesus. I think what she did was terribly wrong and I hope you get your money back from her. I hope it teaches her she cant take advantage of people like that. She has probably been keeping your money for years! I had a landlord do that to me too and it irked me so bad. Karma bit her in the butt a month or two later so I was quite happy.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Christians are not perfect copies of Jesus... They are not all Ned Flanders, nor are they all charity workers who adopt orphans...
Christian, like Atheists, Jews, Muslims etc... Are just regular people. You will get some really nice Christians and some really horrible.

I am a Christian that is far from the stereo typical “hi di ho neighboureenos” Christian!! I have lost count of the number of people that have been shocked upon hearing that i am Christian... they just stand there with their mouth open and eyes bulging... “What?? You??? A Christian????”

And then come the stupid comments...

“But I’ve heard you swear and curse”

“I’ve seen you drinking”

“Yes”, I say, “that’s because IM BLOODY HUMAN”

And don’t forget... you get very good con artists who say that they are Christians because it gives them an advantage... it puts them in a position of trust and it can also expose them to vulnerable people who they can prey on. Sad but true!

new topics

top topics

join