It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News 05: China Developing Anti-Gravity Technology for Stealthy Missles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Fail and Epicfail updates at the end of the broadcast was a welcome surprise. It shows an effort in accountability and willingess in humility. Please do more updates like that if previous broadcasts needed clarity or corrections. That got a big thumbs up from me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Where are moderators. Even in the topic "China Developing Anti-Gravity Technology for Stealthy Missles" there is the same paranoia about imagined flu virus. I would suggest to cut out that offtopics. I'm so tired reeding next topic about the same especially if it should be about something else. Rely bad things happen with that forum lately.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I absolutely love these 'ATS News' segments! Please keep them coming. They really complete the feel of ATS as a entire, complete community seperate from the lies of the mainstream.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, there seems to be controversy on the swine flu virus topic that was brought up in the show; but then, with subjects like these, I doubt it'll ever be any other way :-).

I have a strong feeling that Johny Anonymous and the other creators of the ATS News show would -love- it if anyone could point out if anything in the threads they mentioned was mistaken and to post any corrections in those very same threads; as was seen in this last video, they readily admit when they've made mistakes. I think the point of the videos is to get us thinking, and perhaps writing in the threads that the show links to, and in this I think they've done a great job. I also think that Johny's point of keeping some humour in his shows is great; when faced with the truly nasty stuff that goes on sometimes, one's humour is sometimes one's best defense :-).

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
HAHAHHAH very cool

thanx

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Hiding behind the UFO stories?
We have been making our own UFOs for a long time now.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If I may...a small critique....many on here and other places complain about Fox News and with just cause. These broadcasts feel like a decently produced attempt to copy Fox News. I'm not saying it was done that way on purpose...it's just how it comes off. I would think you would want to be anything but like Fox News.

I'm not sure a news show with an anchorman is the right genre for getting your message across. It seems too plastic.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I dunno - I think it's a neat counterpoint to the phoniness of the "real" news.
it is the real news.
wtf.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I like these News programs. They have just enough sarcasm and humor mixed with reality to make it credible, lol. Definitely FUN!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by Excitable_Boy

I think it works because on a level he's obviously acting almost a parody of a typical newsreader. I find it interesting, entertaining and hillarious!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
WHAT IS THE MALFUNCTION?

Last week in ATS episode 4 you guys had the hyperlink/web address incorrect for the Feature story about Chemtrails. It linked to a completely different thread.

AGAIN THIS WEEK when talking about 'EMERGENCY INTERNET RESTRICTIONS CONSIDERED' the hyperlink/web address for the ATS article you guys are talking about is INCORRECT!

The address shown in the video beginning at 2:36 is:
.../thread514003
which leads to a story about banned books I recognize from last weeks ATS NEWS 4 show.

You should have listed:
.../thread514470
which leads to the story you are talking about here:
Internet Controls To Be Put In Place During Pandemic (ATS SHUTDOWN?)

What is going on in the editing (or copy, or whatever) department?!?!
I can understand this happening once. Twice is pushing it. I expect not to see such an avoidable error in the future. WANT SOME HELP? Offer me a job.

Come on! Is it so hard to check the web address before you put it into a nationally viewed news segment!?!

If the little things like having an incorrect web address are common it will really wear down the perceived quality of the show. Which I am enjoying very much. Please accept this as constructive criticism.

If the address is wrong people will get confused and might not be able to track down the correct story on their own or are just to lazy too.

EITHER WAY GET IT RIGHT!

Edit for PostScript:

PS: I wrote my above post in frustrated haste. I was watching the ATS NEWS and was checking the web addresses as they went along. I came across one which was incorrect and made the above post BEFORE FINISHING the entire ATS NEWS segment and coming to the: Fail and Epic Fail portions which made a point to correct for last weeks errors.

I appreciate the corrections update and shows a high degree of quality and accountability for the entire program.

Each episode is getting better. Being refined. I thought Johnny was 10 Times better in ATS NEWS 5 than he was in ATS NEWS 4.

Especially with the camera eye contact. SPOT ON! Good work.

[edit on (11/5/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Good show ATS. The most informative few minute stretch I've had in a while.
I'm wondering if you have an Youtube profile with these clips for if people want to put up these sorts of clips elsewhere???

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
For a second I thought my thread was being picked up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or rather this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A year and one month old. Must be a slow day.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
another great episode. i hope you guys keep this up, im really enjoying them so far.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
If I may...a small critique....many on here and other places complain about Fox News and with just cause. These broadcasts feel like a decently produced attempt to copy Fox News. I'm not saying it was done that way on purpose...it's just how it comes off. I would think you would want to be anything but like Fox News.

I'm not sure a news show with an anchorman is the right genre for getting your message across. It seems too plastic.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

fox news huh? your kidding right? fox is the first to call out conspiracys, are you mad ron paul was on there or something? im not a fan of fox news but your either joking or high if you think this in any way resembles fox. also, you obviously dont get the anchor guys humor, because he is far from plastic. you want plastic just go watch fox or cnn

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you want to embed the video elsewhere feel free, but PLEASE do NOT try to rip it and put it up in any other player. That will lose the revenue we have to earn to pay for the production. We only get ad revenue in our player, that's why it's important to embed the video in the ATS player.

RE: YouTube...
We just had a conference call wherein we discussed the invitation we got from YouTube to create a "pro channel" on YouTube.

We're going to do it, but, we will "premier" the new shows exclusively on ATS and put only the previous episodes on the YouTube channel.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

fox news huh? your kidding right? fox is the first to call out conspiracys, are you mad ron paul was on there or something? im not a fan of fox news but your either joking or high if you think this in any way resembles fox. also, you obviously dont get the anchor guys humor, because he is far from plastic. you want plastic just go watch fox or cnn

I love Ron Paul.

The problem with the "anchor guy's" humor is that it makes the message seem fake. Thus, it may seem like interesting stuff to some of you on here who like Johnny A or who just like this site. But, to most anyone else, it comes off as a joke. Like it's fake news or something. If people watch it on YouTube....people outside of this little clique on here, they will think it's a joke. That's kind of sad isn't it?

I guess I just expect more from this site. If the "news" that JA is reading is supposed to be a joke, then okay. If the powers that be here want people to take the topics on these news shows seriously, then they should be presented professioanlly and seriously. The show just makes the topics look like a bunch of farces. Like it is supposed to be fake news. Is it supposed to be fake news? Did I miss something?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

The VAST MAJORITY of the world's population you are talking about have the wits to understand that the levity isn't directed at the topics, it's directed at the insanity of the world we live in.

If people want pure doom and gloom they can get that in many other places.

When you are at a social event you attract more people with a smile than you do with a gun and a constantly "serious demeanor".

Springer...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You know guys, this show could grow to a great net-work daily show. With demand, more writers to take the pressure off Johnny, graphics and video, live video reporters and an emergency response network. But you might need a UPI or alternative subscription. We have the technology in our cellphones for crying out loud!

Hey we can dream!

I keep CNN on without sound so I don't have to listen to the repetition or commercial audio blasting ad-nauseum. Sometimes I just turn on the station, and if I see a commercial, I know everything is OK. But I cannot stand commercial television and believe we can have programming and news without such consumerist-population-control segments every 15 minuets. There are many alternatives to advertising to fund programming costs. But that's another thread.

BTW, I don't watch commercials now. Thanks to the DVR. Pause for 15 minuets every hour. Edit crap at will.

So, to get back to the reason for this and avoiding the rantette, I predict ATS News expanding to cover more serious news, with additional staff of editors in our member ranks at first, then paid (as revenue grows), and even email alerts for important emergency news including messaging and more, so when stuff hits the fan, we "the people" are informed and properly alerted. Even geo-mapping alerts to phones and PC subscribers. I can then keep the set off and wait for news from an ATS alert.

*****example****

ATS FLASH ALERT!

An USGS earthquake alert for your general location is reported. Seek proper cover and tune in to ATS news for more unfiltered information as we receive it.

*****example****

So far the ATS news content is a mere nibble. I want more! The problem with network news is that it focuses on stories feeding our base psyche, titillating and inundating our lives with all the stuff that makes us a sick society.

We want relevant news on subjects eco, social and political, world wide alerts, UFO REPORTS! and items glossed over or avoided that effect our lives. Not 2 weeks of non-news on the death of a hollywood idol. News value for that is 0. Save that for Entertainment Tonight. What about the death of Key Bioscience people, or people working on uncovering political crimes, people working on UFO and Alien cover ups being silenced?

You know what we want. Not NEWSERTAINMENT!.
You have the stats. Be the new model for what news should be.

Anyway, I see the seed of all this in your production, and predict your future in innovating a true information source for all who are serious and awake.

You've done a good job, and I have faith you will work out all the expected bugs. Thanks for the hope for a true source of relevant awareness for a planet and a people on the brink of self destruction, fed by a dysfunctional educational and informational monopolized pseudo-media.

ZG

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

The VAST MAJORITY of the world's population you are talking about have the wits to understand that the levity isn't directed at the topics, it's directed at the insanity of the world we live in.

You give the sheeple far too much credit.

If people want pure doom and gloom they can get that in many other places.

I didn't suggest pure doom and gloom. I just think if the message is serious it should be presented seriously or people won't take it seriously. My humble opinion...

You are viewing it from the inside...I from the outside.

When you are at a social event you attract more people with a smile than you do with a gun and a constantly "serious demeanor".

Apples and oranges...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join