It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
Oh,I dare one of you to make a thread like this about mohammed.

It's been done. Do a search on "Muhammad" and "Cartoon" and see what you find. Many of us stood up for free speech in that instance, too.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Jesus never existed

Well actually he did, hes is to be found (well little tiny bits) with his family in a tomb at Talpiot, however there is no evidence of him being a god but as we all know that bitwas made up.

so what's wrong with depicting an imaginary maniacal man as a transexual you wouldn't get mad if they made hitler a transexual would you?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Jesus never existed

Well actually he did, hes is to be found (well little tiny bits) with his family in a tomb at Talpiot, however there is no evidence of him being a god but as we all know that bitwas made up.

There's no proof of that only theories
and many archeologists and religious scholars argue against it being the tomb of Jesus

here's an interesting link
www.britannica.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
what im sick of is the incredibly unbalanced bs thats taking place here

i am neither catholic nor islamic, but i sure feel that all religions should be treated with the same respect

personally im sick of how every other religion other then islam can be attacked with minimal anger resulting, yet if someone even mentions something about islam, they call for beheadings and murders

just look at the story about the new 2012 movie

every great thing on earth is destroyed but they had to intentionally leave out the islamic Kaaba for fear of upheaval from the islamic culture

when the hell did the world get so scared of islam

why is the world allowing islam to control what the rest of the world does?

if they are so violent and dangerous why are we even allowing that religion to exist?

imagine if you put their religious entity in drag (i wont mention his name as they would probably track me down as they are insane)

but imagine if they put him in drag, it wouldnt spark protest, it would spark worldwide riots and mass killings

the whole situation is out of control and i wish we truly had separation of church and state

the only way to do that though is to keep religion behind doors

if you want to practice a religion do it out of sight in your own home, but the minute you are in public everyone should be equal

too bad we'll never have the guts to tell people to stick to their worshipping in their own homes to prevent them from forcing their ideas on everyone else

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
i am neither catholic nor islamic, but i sure feel that all religions should be treated with the same respect

I see where you are coming from but times are changing

You know alot of it is the fault of christians, muslims and jews
because you ask them questions and they can never answer
they just say "oh god works in mysterious ways"

or incredibly vague answers like that
and sometimes they say crazy things in church

religious people/institutions haven't adapted
the new generations started to stop believing in it

personally im sick of how every other religion other then islam can be attacked with minimal anger resulting, yet if someone even mentions something about islam, they call for beheadings and murders

That is completely wrong
Did you hear Giuliani, that mormon dude and the pastor from the republican party during the presidential election?
They were VERY anti-muslim.

I don't get it how you only think christianity is being attacked.

every great thing on earth is destroyed but they had to intentionally leave out the islamic Kaaba for fear of upheaval from the islamic culture

The man who saw tomorrow
it was a movie about nostradamus
the statue of liberty was destroyed in the movie
americans got rowdy and angry and movie was banned for a while

Also many many christians/catholics got super angry at the Davinci Code.
How come you don't mention these instances?

the whole situation is out of control and i wish we truly had separation of church and state
the only way to do that though is to keep religion behind doors

I agree here!
Religion should only be practiced behind closed doors.

If it's so violent why allow such a religion to exist?

If there are so many catholic pedophiles why allow catholicism to exist?
Why allow christianity to exist after Waco?

if you want to practice a religion do it out of sight in your own home, but the minute you are in public everyone should be equal

Although you may think we disagree
I think we are on the same page.

Honestly, this world would be SOOOOOO much better without religion!

Have you watched the Series premiere of V?
Even they said devotion is the most dangerious weapon!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dunno what all the fuss is about... I thought jesus and mohammad were transexuals. Wernt they?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

when the hell did the world get so scared of islam

September 11th 2001

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Jesus never existed

Well actually he did

I am so glad you admit that Jesus existed,there is hope for you yet!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
I would say that I was suprised that the detractors of this play here have expressed such animosity towards the playwright and it's subject - but I'm not.

Let's re-examine the article:

Glasgay! producer Steven Thomson said: "Jesus Queen of Heaven is a literary work of fiction exploring the artist's own personal journey of faith as a transgendered person.

So, if we take this at its most literal meaning we can see that Jo Clifford - the playwright AND Christian, wrote this play to explore biblical liberation themes and so that Christ's life could be explored in a different lense. Your outrage is no different than that expressed by those Christians who have a problem with multicultural depictions of Jesus - such as black Jesus
Black Jesus
or Asian Jesus
Asian Jesus

The point is - Christanity is today just as it was yesterday the most xenophobic religion on the face of the earth. But, I digress.
When Christ died - he took all of our sins onto himself. If Tran-Sexuality is a sin, then Jo Clifford simply did her Christian duty in exploring this theme-for if Jesus did indeed take our sins upon himself then he was Trans-Sexual.

Finally some rational thought breaks the surface of the water.

Christianity was originally about learning to love your neighbor DESPITE who they are or what they do. Love your neighbor as yourself.

There is no comma in that command.

And here we have someone who has a medically acknowledged condition creating a beautiful play which makes the Christ that much more accessible to others, and people are hating on it.

Those who are have no idea what Christianity is even about.

Thank you WickedStar for pointing out what should be obvious to most.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by moocowman Jesus never existed Well actually he did, hes is to be found (well little tiny bits) with his family in a tomb at Talpiot, however there is no evidence of him being a god but as we all know that bitwas made up. There's no proof of that only theories and many archeologists and religious scholars argue against it being the tomb of Jesus

Dude the debate between archeologists is to whether this particular Jesus (the one in Talpiot) is the jesus spoken of in the gospels.

There is little distention as to a jesus' tomb with his family, so whe have to accept the fact that -
( A) Many Jesus character existed and were documented

(B) Some of them had similar attributes as the jesus mentioned in the gospels.

Common sense would dictate that, if a tomb if found of an individual baring many attributes of a character that appears in some very ropey doctored and mistranslated texts then it could well be our. man.

However, xtains reject this particular jesus regardless of right place right time right family, for no other reason than he does not match perfectly a hearsay character in dubious manuscripts.

Whatever, the fact remains that there were men by the name of Jesus and jesus son of joseph recorded in extra biblical sources, unfortunately xtians reject the as their man although their man is not spoken of in extra-biblical sources.

So when a group of trannies portray a bisexual jesus, xtians certainly have no right to take offense. The the portrayal is merely a work of fiction portraying a work of fiction, unless of course their playing a real character which could then possibly be the jesus son of joseph hanging out at Talpiot.

The whole thing is a delusional joke inspired by mindless automatons who can't have a an individual thought because of their need for the emotional crutch of xtianity.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

The most important word you used in your post was "hearsay"

I think that pretty much sums of christianity as a whole "According" to the gospels. lol

Even in hinduism they believe they found the tomb of Ravana(the demon Rama fought in Ramayana) in Sri Lanka.

Could be anyone though, a king, a magician, a healer, a dictator
There's no proof of anything

And religious people hate that word... Proof

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by StopComplaining
reply to post by Laurauk

What would happen if they played a transvestite Mohammed I wonder?

Just as long as it was Eddie Izzard who played the role, I am sure they would be just fine with that!

Sorry I just can not take this subject to seriously.

Cake or death?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by zysin5]

lol Zysin

I love Izzard! clever guy

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Dear oh dear, I am actually amazed by this and a little taken aback, not only is this goes way beyond so called freedom off expression

How exactly does this go beyond freedom of expression?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA

~
Holy crud, sorry for being slightly off topic here (I can't seem to send private messages yet) but based on your username and looking at some of your posts I'm fairly sure I know you
Hopefully I'm not wildly off the mark, but am pretty sure you used to be my boss
Those were the days I tell thee!

Hello B
(and let us never speak of this again, haha only joking)

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Internet Explorer]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Jesus never existed

Well actually he did

I am so glad you admit that Jesus existed,there is hope for you yet!

what are you talking about?

i talked to a lot of people about this. they all thought it was funny. i still do

anyways...its freedom of expression. get over it.

and if you dont think enough people mock islam...

MOCK THEM YOURSELF! is it that hard? you talk about people needing to stand up to islam, you go do it first. it would be nice if someone did more than just talked from time to time.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I was answering moocowman's post.I was recently charged a 20 point
fine for over quoting.I deleted too much,sorry for the confusion!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Theres no reason for this kind of nonsense against any religeon, not being religeous myself all I can see is , it's done for SHOCK VALUE ONLY.
After all it's like the news shows and the newspapers, they don't sell if they tell the truth, so they publish sensationalist material instead, same as this 'show'. its not done to honour any religeous belief , its just done to shock the audience into 'going to see what the fuss is about'.
Nothing more than that.

Not having watched it myself or yourself, I don't think neither of us are entitled to make assumptions as to what the content of this might be. But the fact that you become shocked by it by the mere thought (not actually witnessing it) has got to be one of the objectives of this: To expose the intransigence of people when it comes to their deeply held beliefs.

Oh well, it could be worse. at least I don't expect any christians to blow themselves up over this.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ya i think this is disrespectful and crazy. I am a muslim man who disagree's with christian philosophy. but a person religion should be respected as that person beleives and lives their lives based off the values and teaching s of what ever religion that practice. if theses people wanted to deface a statue, our book, of whatever religion they have the right to do so in the privacy of their own homes are their own gathering place. but to do it wife open in public and to throw it in the faces of those who beleive in that religion is wrong.

just my 2 cents

salaam

[edit on 6-11-2009 by jmacbeth]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just discovered this post. The writers of the play are wimps. If the writer is so much into shock value (no other reason to do it) I'd like to see him try it with a transexual Mohammed and see if he lives longer than a week because there is a huge difference between the two religions in regard to the handling of offence, response and outcome.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I believe that Jesus was actually an alien woman, and the churches and the governments have covered this up. It was forbidden for the good aliens living here on earth to speak of the true Jesus or of their religion. The good aliens have been living here in silence, fighting the bad aliens and the PTB waiting for her return, which she is here now and she has defeated Evil. The good aliens will bring on disclosure because good always overcomes evil - always. You don't need to rake me over the coals now, for this is my belief.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join