It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Moan the Glesga!

What is it with Christians? Are you so unconfident in your own faith and the teachings of your own messiah that you can't take a joke? All religions are the same. Bashing everyone elses beliefs and running crying when your own beliefs are bashed. It's kind of like supporting free speech, but only if you agree with what the other person is saying.

I bet if Jesus were alive he'd think this was amusing. I think Jesus would've been a fun guy. He's the sone of God after all and God's got a good sense of humour. I don't see in the bible where it says 'though shalt not portray the messiah in drag'.

This is a free country. We should be able to create plays depicting Jesus as a man in a dress and we should be able to print cartoons of the prophet Mohammed wearing makeup if we so please. And people have a right to protest and be annoyed, that's what a free country is all about, as long as they don't disrupt the show or try to shut it down.

One protester said "You can't blaspheme God and use freedom of speech as an excuse for that." Well mate, you obviously don't understand what free speech is all about! There was a placard in the protest saying "God: My Son Is Not A Pervert." and that's ok, even though you are branding all cross dressers as being perverts? It's either ok to say what you want or nothing is ok.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

either im very lost or we have very different views on whats in the bible ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

either im very lost or we have very different views on whats in the bible ?

Oops...I'm sorry I got confused... you DID not say those things... sorry. You DID not say that.. I misqouted you... I'm sure that caused confusion. (Not being sarcastic)

You didn't bash Christianity... for some reason I got confused between you and bsbray11... don't know why.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
double post...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Let's make a play about gay people who are up to their necks in piss. Then let's make them ask Mohammed to crap on the Scottish flag. How about we have Mohammed take a crap on the Scottish flag while he is having a dinner out of pig penises? Wouldn't that be a great expression of freedom of speech? Why not? How about we have Mohammed wipe his ass with the Scottish flag, while serving a dinner to the gays up to their necks in piss, and have the main course pig penises? Why not? Isn't that just more great freedom of speech?

Does anyone have any common sense anymore?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by bsbray11

Well I fail to see what the fuss is about, scriptures themselves seem to indicate that Jesus acted in a gay way.

Why stop there, continue to the end equation. Homosexual Jesus was a peedo.

Suffer little children to come unto me....

no holds barred, if it's good for the goose it's good for the goose.. Oh I mean, transgendered goose gobbling the wrong sort of seed.

This thread started off with a decent premise, and now look at it. I shall go flagellate myself in penance and say 1000 hail marys.

Look what you've done Laurauk, Look.. Crikey!!!!11

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Let's make a play about gay people who are up to their necks in piss. Then let's make them ask Mohammed to crap on the Scottish flag. How about we have Mohammed take a crap on the Scottish flag while he is having a dinner out of pig penises? Wouldn't that be a great expression of freedom of speech? Why not? How about we have Mohammed wipe his ass with the Scottish flag, while serving a dinner to the gays up to their necks in piss, and have the main course pig penises? Why not? Isn't that just more great freedom of speech?

Does anyone have any common sense anymore?

Now you're just being stupid. I mean, thats gong too far.. THE SCOTTISH FLAG? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!

Nah you're on the ball. It's a rough circle, and it seems most people get caught on the first nub they see, it's quite ironic to see the entire cycle however and the arguments they present.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

That sounds like a good laugh.

I'd buy tickets to see that play!!

And remember, we're Scottish not American. Our nationality is represented by our spirit and heart and not by a piece of coloured cloth, and you can't crap on that.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Half of this thread has been a pointless argument about homosexuality. The vast majority of Transsexuals are NOT GAY! A transsexual is someone who feels that they have been born in the 'wrong body'. Sexual preference doesn't come into it.

For a site who's motto is deny ignorance, there are an awful lot of ignorant people here.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I would also pay to see that. You see, you have to remember the Scottish motto:

"We're s***e and we know we are!"

And as Nammu said..

Originally posted by Nammu

...we're Scottish not American. Our nationality is represented by our spirit and heart and not by a piece of coloured cloth.

Yep, to us it's just a flag, though we have to have two 'cause we're pure mad mental ya bas!

Man, you Septic Tanks must really be hating us at the moment, what with us being a bunch of terrorist-releasing heathens and all...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sotp

I would also pay to see that. You see, you have to remember the Scottish motto:

"We're s***e and we know we are!"

And as Nammu said..

Originally posted by Nammu

...we're Scottish not American. Our nationality is represented by our spirit and heart and not by a piece of coloured cloth.

Yep, to us it's just a flag, though we have to have two 'cause we're pure mad mental ya bas!

Man, you Septic Tanks must really be hating us at the moment, what with us being a bunch of terrorist-releasing heathens and all...

How do you do the "chuky our law" in scot gaelic
*yes I know how to say it in gaelic, being funny I*

Arrr Fair fa' your honest sonsie face, Great Chieftain o' the puddin' race...

Not as intimidating, but then, ye gods, sheeps stomach and yarbles for food!

oO

Up robbie burns!!!!! With a Haggis !!

(ps Im not a seppo lol)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

"Tiocfáidh ár Lá" (our day will come)...we'd say it as "chocky ar la" too, but that's Irish Gaelic (pronounced "Gaylic"), and though very similar, it's not quite the same as Scots Gaelic (pronounced "Gahlic"). Plus as it's an old IRA slogan, saying it won't make you popular with a certain blue half of Glasgow

To be honest, I'm not all that well versed in the old Gaelic, it's all incomprehensible jibberish to me, but my wife did it at university and my daughter did it at school since she was 4. She absolutely hates it though, and now she's 17 she'll probably never speak it again! I'm more of your typical "giesannururglassarratwine" Scotsman, a bit like Billy Connolly before he met royalty and his head disappeared up his own erse.

*edit to add - speaking of the Big Yin and religion, if you haven't heard it, check out "The Crucifixion" for the ultimate in religious humour. It even got him excommunicated from the Catholic church! (warning: contains broad Glasgow dialect and blasphemous humor).

Part 1

Part 2

[edit on 5/11/09 by sotp]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

For one thing,I'm not a chap,I'm a woman! The other,I didn't know!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sotp

Half of this thread has been a pointless argument about homosexuality. The vast majority of Transsexuals are NOT GAY! A transsexual is someone who feels that they have been born in the 'wrong body'. Sexual preference doesn't come into it.

Well hal la tha suggested going the whole hog so here goes.

Jesus slept with naked young men who he loved and loved him back, tried to keep it secret.

he wasn't interested in women

He wore a dress

He was born in the body of a man who clearly had misgivings about it because he changed his appearance at some point and people didn't recognize him, was he in drag ?.

When he crucified himself he asked himself why he had rejected himself.
This is one guy with some serious gender issues, the fact that he chose to ride a very small "ass" and not a more robust animal that could actually walk a little quicker than himself is screaming something.

Where's Dr Ruth when you need her ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

What would happen if they played a transvestite Mohammed I wonder?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I am amazed about all the sick,twisted individuals on this thread.
I don't see how you can find humor in humilating our Lord Jesus.
One of these days you will all regret what you have done here.
I am moving on to a more civilized thread,if I can find one.

Oh,I dare one of you to make a thread like this about mohammed.
I know you would be too cowardly and not stupid enough to get the
muslims riled up.Oh,but the christians are fair game!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to posts by moocowman & mamabeth

I'm pretty sure that I could write something pretty damn offensive to Muslims yet hilarious to non-Muslims too if I put my mind to it, but I don't want banned from ATS so no offensive postie from me!

Maybe I'll start a blog though....

- kidding, so chill out my Allah-loving friends!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
reply to post by Laurauk

What would happen if they played a transvestite Mohammed I wonder?

Just as long as it was Eddie Izzard who played the role, I am sure they would be just fine with that!

Sorry I just can not take this subject to seriously.

Cake or death?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Did they have executive transvestites in Jesus' time?

I'm going to see Izzard in Glasgow next week, can't wait!

* edit to add - awesome avatar btw!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi all - this topic was discussed this morning on the Radio Scotland Morning phone in and the creative director dude from GlasGay (the name of the event) was on defending it. He spoke of the chap\chapess who wrote and stars in the show and she is actually a pretty serious christian and the main message of the play is a "what if?" - what if Jesus returned as a transsexual would the teachings of the bible of tolerance, love, understanding etc be embraced and Jesus be openly welcomed?

The play itself sounded like it would be a boring bible class with some blokess in a frock and lippy reading scripture and not as sensational or necessarily as blasphemous as is being portrayed in the press.

What was clear from the phone in was that so called Christians were demonstrating very unChristian feelings and if Jesus was to turn up wearing a dress and displaying a lovely set of silicon fun bags that the Christians would be the first to nail him back up again!

As always it's a case of some people taking a distorted take on things presented in the media (which has been created to sell newsprint) instead of finding out for themselves what it's actually about before deciding to be offended or not. It doesn't appear that the shedude was deliberately out to enrage and that the play was in the spirit of the festival and his/her personal beliefs and questioning.

You can check out the show on the bbc site if you are in UK - sorry America (not that you're missing much)

www.bbc.co.uk...

Cheers

Berth

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join