It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

About 300 protesters held a candlelit protest outside a Glasgow theatre over the staging of a play which portrays Jesus as a transsexual.

The protest was held outside the Tron Theatre, where Jesus Queen of Heaven, in which Christ is a man who wants to become a woman, is being staged.

It is part of the Glasgay! arts festival, a celebration of Scotland's gay, bi-sexual and transsexual culture.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Dear oh dear, I am actually amazed by this and a little taken aback, not only is this goes way beyond so called freedom off expression, this is another attack on christian faiths within the UK.

I think it is have been ill judged for this to go ahead inthe first place. I wonder how many more protests there will be, or I do wonder if the vatican once again will condemm a so called art display in scotland. It does seem Scotland has been in a few religious storm recently.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Theres no reason for this kind of nonsense against any religeon, not being religeous myself all I can see is , it's done for SHOCK VALUE ONLY.
After all it's like the news shows and the newspapers, they don't sell if they tell the truth, so they publish sensationalist material instead, same as this 'show'. its not done to honour any religeous belief , its just done to shock the audience into 'going to see what the fuss is about'.
Nothing more than that.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
LOL

I can't believe the sense of humour you guys have out there in Scotland! I would actually be proud at that kind of freedom of expression being legal and allowed.

Honestly, I think some people are offended too easily. Nobody is being hurt by this, it's simply a play with characters from the best-selling story book(in the US anyway). I don't get offended when my favourite books are made into films that poorly portray the book's details.

If these characters are not copyrighted, then I see nothing wrong with such a play.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
finaly some sence in the world ,

might recall wrong but didnt hesus tell the disiples to make fun of him...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Freedom of speech/expression should be supported to its fullest because of it's important role relative to democracy. No freedom of speech/expression = no democracy, plain and simple. Our Freedom of speech and expression for one = freedom of speech and expression for all. It's not 'freedom of expression.....only if I agree with it.'

Peace. K*

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I do not see how portraying jesus as a transexual is wrong. We are all male and female, and this is something most will not even consider.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Another group of people with nothing better to do but take the piss of Christianity. Why don't they use Mohammed or Hercules or something... they are just looking for some publicity.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
Another group of people with nothing better to do but take the piss of Christianity. Why don't they use Mohammed or Hercules or something... they are just looking for some publicity.

I agree with you on that.

Why don't they take the piss out of the jews, or the muslims. Oh i forgot those are hate crimes.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

news.bbc.co.uk

About 300 protesters held a candlelit protest outside a Glasgow theatre over the staging of a play which portrays Jesus as a transsexual.

The protest was held outside the Tron Theatre, where Jesus Queen of Heaven, in which Christ is a man who wants to become a woman, is being staged.

It is part of the Glasgay! arts festival, a celebration of Scotland's gay, bi-sexual and transsexual culture.

May their non reproducing selves dive into the ABYSSFUL FLAME HEAD FIRST for even disrespecting the SON in this way. This is PAGANISM IN ITS WEAKEST FORM, man this makes me mad.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's the lowest common denominator of creativity. It takes talent and a gift to create something beautiful that will attract an audience based on its own merit and artistic value. It takes no brain cells whatsoever to make 'shock art' that only attracts an audience inspired by morbid curiosity.

THIS is a gift. THIS is someone who couldn't draw a stick figure so they have to resort to the inflammatory to attract an audience.

This play will fizzle out very quickly once the shock wears off.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
good good , the faster christianity is destroyed in UK , the faster sharia law will become supreme in UK

western nations are being destroyed on purpose by nwo

[edit on 4-11-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

I agree with you on that.

Why don't they take the piss out of the jews, or the muslims. Oh i forgot those are hate crimes.

yep cant upset the muslims or jews or gay's, women, indian, black, etc...

If this was a play depicting Mohammed as a transexual there be death threats, and massive protests and world wide condemnation....

Jesus is big enough to wear it and more so to forgive it..... but it still highlights the massive hippocracy that is ever present in our world today...

I am utterly sick to my back teeth with the whole concept of PC.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by 297GT]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In the name of the one true god named Money, are the disciples set free to do as they please amongst the people of this planet seeding anger and violence.

United we stand, divided we fall.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
good good , the faster christianity is destroyed in UK , the faster sharia law will become supreme in UK

Sharia law will never be tolerated,especially in the U.S.,too
many "good ole' boys" with guns.
The NWO won't be long lasting either...
Jesus/Yeshua,is coming back soon,then every knee shall bow
and every tongue confess that He is Lord!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

why must religion be replaced with another?

how about no religion just common sense?

why wasn't that listed in your post?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
... not only is this goes way beyond so called freedom off expression,

How is this "beyond" freedom of expression?

Are you calling on your right not to be offended?

This is a perfectly valid form of expression. I don't see how it could be anything else.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The answer is simply that Islam wants to take over the world.
Islam wants everyone under sharia law.All non-muslims are
called kuffar and treated the same as you would cattle!
To be bought,sold and slaughtered.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Guys let me ask you this!

God created man in his own image

Isn't god neither female nor male?

If both statement above are true, then how is this play not very fitting?

Originally posted by mamabeth
The answer is simply that Islam wants to take over the world.
Islam wants everyone under sharia law.All non-muslims are
called kuffar and treated the same as you would cattle!
To be bought,sold and slaughtered.

Islam isn't the one forming a Continental Union (EU UNION)
Islam doens't have over 800 bases in over 130 countries (America)
Islam isn't stealing land and creating apartheids (Israel, Zionism)

I find your statements extremely bias

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ummm....that picture kept overriding any attempt to read that article effectively. Nightmares for weeks....
Although as a side note the canteen add helped temper it...
But back on topic There is no reason to attack any religion like that....except scientology....but it is good to see freedom of expression is still alive in the land of the loch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join