It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

I didn't say it was wrong for them to protest.

Let them protest.

They are a bunch of babies.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I didn't say it was wrong for them to protest.

Let them protest.

They are a bunch of babies.

But that is ultimately what this thread is about "Christians protesting against a gay depiction of Christ" NOT whether "Christians are babies"?!? Then you should see yourself as a baby because you are protesting your beliefs right now and changing the subject to "whether Chirstians are babies" because you don't believe.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I don't care what you think this thread is about. I made myself very clear on the subject matter. I don't care that this play features Jesus as a transsexual. I don't care that people are protesting it, either.

I like making jokes about Jesus. It reminds Christians to be humble in their beliefs. Something their own scripture tells them to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I don't care what you think this thread is about. I made myself very clear on the subject matter. I don't care that this play features Jesus as a transsexual. I don't care that people are protesting it, either.

I like making jokes about Jesus. It reminds Christians to be humble in their beliefs. Something their own scripture tells them to do.

I didn't need to "think" what the thread is about... it is pretty clear.

You made it very clear that you don't believe in Jesus and like making fun

of Christains... well then, thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

what has christianity to do with jesus ?

you should turn the cheek
you should make fun of god and jesus but not the holy spirit(woman)

there is but the word and the word is not jesus

ring a bell ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

May peace be with you, friend. If you think portraying Jesus as a transsexual is heretical then just remember that you're still okay, because it wasn't your idea. You can't save everybody. Just be at peace with yourself. It's unhealthy to worry about things you have no control over.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

May peace be with you, friend. If you think portraying Jesus as a transsexual is heretical then just remember that you're still okay, because it wasn't your idea. You can't save everybody. Just be at peace with yourself. It's unhealthy to worry about things you have no control over.

Thank you for your kindness, I'm sorry you didn't understand my point.

Oh well...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

ring a bell ?

What has Christianity have to do with Jesus?!?!

I was merely pointing out that most people are not focussed on the subject at hand... you are one of them.

You are merely giving your opinion on Christains/Jesus/God and not the actual topic.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The deification of Jesus has always been problematic at best. By turning Jesus into a sacred cow and ignoring his obvious human attributes Christians of all denominations seem to place all emphasis on deifying Christ. By doing this the message of Jesus gets lost and Christ becomes a whipping post in which to bully others. That is hardly the message that Jesus spent the last years of his life trying to get across. That Jesus was crucified for speaking his mind and telling the truth as he understood it is most assuredly lost when those who claim to be followers of Jesus today advocate silencing those who would portray Jesus in any other way than what has been portrayed...well, let's face it, the many faces of Jesus are constantly changing.

Whether it was the Nicene Council who first deified Christ or it began as early as Paul or even before that, that the understanding of Jesus has changed throughout the years is obvious. The many denominations of Christianity today only serve to underscore this. Was Jesus anymore the Son of God than any other man and are women any less the Daughters of God? What was Jesus' message and why do so few seem to agree on what that message was? He was the ultimate mythological hero in true Campbellian sense yet to refer to Jesus as a mythological figure today would offend many. Not so much because of peoples understanding of Jesus but because of their understanding on what myth means. The etymology of the word myth has so radically changed from what it once meant that today the word is commonly used to describe a falsehood.

Are myths false? If they are, why do they manage to survive for so long and why do they seem to all possess the same characteristics? There is a truth to mythology that speaks to people in a universal way and the actual historical events of Jesus matters less than the heroes journey he is known for today. Any hero, whether it be Jesus or Luke Skywalker or Superman, is a hero because they stepped outside of their own personal desires and acted on behalf of the greater good. They acted on behalf of humanity and this is what makes them a hero. But to deify the hero only serves to minimize the message of inspiration that hero brings. Heroes are intended to inspire us all to be greater than who we believe we are.

What difference does it make if some theater wants to portray Jesus as a transexual? How can such a portrayal truly hurt the myth of Jesus? Does the fact that Icarus is portrayed as an impetuous youth who ignored the pragmatic warnings of his father Daedalus change the fact that Icarus soared with eagles? Does his hubris and tragic plummet to earth change the fact that his pragmatic father flew successfully to his escape? In the end, no matter who attempts to minimize his accomplishments Jesus remains one of the ultimate mythological heroes of all time and his message should be read with open minds and a willingness to learn all that he mastered.

Let those who wish to portray him as a gay man or transexual or even as the Jew he was do so, how can this change his accomplishments? What person who accepts Jesus as a master worth learning from would even care to go to see such a play and if they did how could this play change their understanding of Christ? Either ones faith is real or it is not and if it is not then trifles such as this silly play will undoubtedly shake the faith of those who pretend to have it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

ring a bell ?

I was merely pointing out that most people are not focussed on the subject at hand... you are one of them.

You are merely giving your opinion on Christains/Jesus/God and not the actual topic.

i all ready gave my opinion about the topic of the thread in the begining ,

and what i pointed out to you is very much what this whole debate is about,

you my friend are the troll.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Its going to be funny when Jesus comes back for the second coming and the nonbeliever gays meet their demise by a heterosexual person.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Its going to be funny when Jesus comes back for the second coming and the nonbeliever gays meet their demise by a heterosexual person.

It's going to be even funnier when you finally pass on, after having lived a life where none of this nonsense comes to pass, and you find yourself in who-knows-what kind of situation as you have no experience of being outside of your body and don't realize how your "thoughts" cause immediate manifestations around you. You could easily think yourself into either heaven or hell in such a situation, and being Christian, and realizing you are dead, statistically you have a 50% chance of sending yourself to hell.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

It's going to be even funnier when you finally pass on, after having lived a life where none of this nonsense comes to pass, and you find yourself in who-knows-what kind of situation as you have no experience of being outside of your body and don't realize how your "thoughts" cause immediate manifestations around you. You could easily think yourself into either heaven or hell in such a situation, and being Christian, and realizing you are dead, statistically you have a 50% chance of sending yourself to hell.

Who said I was christian. hahah, you assume too much. There are too many signs in this world that there is a God, you are simply too ignorant to see them.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

kinda paradoxial if i assume correct that what you say is that jesus was heterosexual ?

what about "turn the cheek" and all that "hippy" nonsence then ?

are we to take the word of god or jesus ,
was jesus the "word" of god or that of his own ?

which way is it ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

kinda paradoxial if i assume correct that what you say is that jesus was heterosexual ?

what about "turn the cheek" and all that "hippy" nonsence then ?

are we to take the word of god or jesus ,
was jesus the "word" of god or that of his own ?

which way is it ?

Jesus was a prophet....ie he gave the message of god to people. And was supposedly killed for that reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

ring a bell ?

i all ready gave my opinion about the topic of the thread in the begining ,

and what i pointed out to you is very much what this whole debate is about,

you my friend are the troll.

What debate??
I'm trying to point out that these people have just as much right as anyone else to voice their opinion and that any other religious group would do the same. YOU are just bashing Christianity and Jesus because you THINK that's what this thread is about... it isn't.

Who said anything about trolls?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Well I fail to see what the fuss is about, scriptures themselves seem to indicate that Jesus acted in a gay way.

The young man looked at him intently and loved him; and he began pleading with him that he might be with him. When they came out of the tomb they went to the young man's house, for he was wealthy. And after six days Jesus gave him a command. And when it was evening the young man came to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. He stayed with him that night, for Jesus was teaching him the mystery of the Kingdom of God.

And the sister of the young man Jesus loved was there, along with his mother and Salome. And Jesus did not receive them.

What I find totally disgusting is the very people that complain about this whole affair (mostly xtians) heavily promote a book to children that not only insists that being gay is an abomination but the practitioners should be put to death !

How on earth are they allowed to get away with this ? Is it not well past time that these books were either removed from circulation or subjected to editing in order to to remove the incitement to commit violence and homophobic hatred ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

this occation needs a quote from the The Principia Discordia.

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

please enlighten me as to how ive bashed christians in anyway in this thread ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

please enlighten me as to how ive bashed christians in anyway in this thread ?

You never did...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join