It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: English Words and Western Voices Heard on Nick Berg Beheading Video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
Where and what is your verification source for the validity of the audio being the UNTAMPERED original?

Can there really be any real verification?
As I said previously, just because there is potential that the audio/video may have been tampered with prior to it landing on the internet is not a reason to not look into this or to discount it. It is, however, a point to keep in mind.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
if you dont even consider the possibility of this being a black psy-ops operation then your basically wiping your hands clean of blood and saying the government just doesnt do things like this and that your such a ardent supporter of the war that even if rummy sat you down and told you this is what happened you would come up with an excuse for the events of mr bergs death.....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
facefirst maybe you don't realize this yet, this video was made public on a extremist website, picked up by sources like NEIN who then linked where I got my first version of it from, it's saved on my husband's pc and it's the same version that you see refered to in this thread and on tv by all other media sources...basically everyone including the government got it from the net.

Now if the govt can use this same feed that all of us are using to verify Al-Zarqawi, I cannot see why any truth seeking reporter will not do the same to verify or disprove these claims.

and if your relative is working for a major news source, why can't he or she check for him or herself using the source that their station is using to verify if the same english words can be heard.

either way, you would think the media benefits by either disproving an internet rumor or confirming it...a story is a story regardless and this is one that should be getting attention.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A few things with this. There was no emphasis on any of the syllables when the voices were speaking. This is odd, when witnessing firsthand an execution you might be more likely to say "how wicked was THAT", as opposed to "how wicked was that". The huh? is a flat tone as well, and I'm clueless on how you heard "how are we gonna_" at the last emphasis. I mention this lack of emphasis because arabic does not emphasize syllables in words like we do in english. The sounds are too unclear to determine if there even was english spoken or merely arabic that due to background noise sounds odd.

Other than that, I think there are shady things going down, but I think that this video was unconnected to the CIA. The Mossad probably, but not the CIA.

My 2c

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
After you have listened a few times at regular speed, select the slow play speed and re-listen. This is a shocking development found in the original, unmodified Nick Berg beheading video.

that's how i did it, but I had the original video saved, so I didn't use the link.

I understand the directions but what program has slow play. I have windows media player, real player, musicmatch jukebox...none seem to have a slow play option. if they do I just dont know where to find it.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Trust me..I dont care about you or your made up relatives....your the one who brought it up as if it had something to do with this discussion....

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by McGotti]

Actually, the point about my relative was in response to the lack of media coverage on this story brought up by an earlier poster in this thread. That was the reason I mentioned it. The poster said that all media is bought and paid for. I know this not to be true.

Read closer next time. It helps.

But I will do you a favor and never mention any actual info I know in the future.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone

Other than that, I think there are shady things going down, but I think that this video was unconnected to the CIA. The Mossad probably, but not the CIA.

My 2c

if you think it was the mossad but not the cia .....i would suggest u do some research as theese two oragnizations have always worked hand in hand.....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have a program called cooleditpro on my other computer. gonna run it through there later, it will eliminate the background noise completely. I always just used it to add cool effects to my mp3's.I'm sure it has a speed control on it but I havent used it enough to know exactly how...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
facefirst maybe you don't realize this yet, this video was made public on a extremist website, picked up by sources like NEIN who then linked where I got my first version of it from, it's saved on my husband's pc and it's the same version that you see refered to in this thread and on tv by all other media sources...basically everyone including the government got it from the net.

and if your relative is working for a major news source, why can't he or she check for him or herself using the source that their station is using to verify if the same english words can be heard.

Thanks for the info. I am very curious. I do not discount the possiblilty of this being for real, but I would think the CIA to be a lot more careful about letting something so explosive get by.

As for my relative, I will mention this the next time we talk.

I still have my doubts though.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This thread should be ranked at least an eight by now whether your pro bush pro war or not and shame on those of you who voted it down because you dont like the info......WHAAAA......WHAAAAA.!!!!
I DONT WANT TO BELIEVE THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH OLD GEORGEY OR THE WONDERFUL GOVERNMENT.

val put a lot of work into this and shes no Kerry supporter......nuff said...

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I realize this about the Mossad and the CIA, believe me. However, if this was the act of a "western" intelligence group, I believe Israel would act as the primary. But that's assuming its not just garbled arabic.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I realize this about the Mossad and the CIA, believe me. However, if this was the act of a "western" intelligence group, I believe Israel would act as the primary. But that's assuming its not just garbled arabic.

I agree ...personally i believe it was the mossad who did the head chopping after the cia handed mr berg over to them....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh my.....good work Valhall!

Did anyone see the stuff about the white plastic chair and the orange overalls on Aztlan?

www.aztlan.net...

Interesting....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I was one of those at the beginning that looked at all the anomalies and knew this was cia/mossad propaganda.
Im glad to see that some of you are coming around to this same realization.
I personally have e-mailed FOX and CNN about this.
Am i alone? If WE THE PEOPLE dont speak up, who will?

To the person that thinks the 'agencies' dont make mistakes, look into the ruby ridge cover up, look into the FACT that there were multiple bombs INSIDE the federal building at OKC, bombs that failed to detonate and were wisked away by the BATF, look into waco and tell me somebody didnt mess up there when they went in to 'rescue' (liberate?) the women and children and nobody made it out alive.
Oh wait, what about 911? No matter how you slice that somebody messed up big time. If you believe the official story the CIA failed FAILED to put the pieces together.
If you believe the VIDEO EVIDENCE the CIA failed to conceal their treachery by allowing the underside of the plane to be seen on tape.
The list goes on and on.
Love your country, fear your government.

Val- EXCELLENT WORK!!
Hats off and kudos to you.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
And the UK authorities didn't cry hoax until well after the photographs had been accepted by the public as genuine.

Sorry, going back a few pages but there were statements of denial from the British Government in papers here (Ireland) the next day, including newspapers which quote their British counterparts almost verbatim, changing.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
oh me oh my. Looks like yall are full of bull today

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StephenMc

Sorry, going back a few pages but there were statements of denial from the British Government in papers here (Ireland) the next day, including newspapers which quote their British counterparts almost verbatim, changing.

I believe those denials came from the regiment concerned in the hoax. The government didn't give a statement for a couple of weeks.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
are u trying to imply that the UK gov couldnt deny those pictures were not real?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is another possibility - that one or more of these jihadis in the video (or the camera-man) are american.

Not CIA, not US Military - but american islamic fighters that have come to Iraq to lend a hand (as it were) - John Walker Lindt style.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Concerning what I think this means. That's irrelevant. All I need to do right now is post what I found.

Concerning BR...you're pretty much full of crap, now aren't you? Get over yourself in more than one way. John Nada can even verify that your statement is false.

The only thing I ever said was that I did not believe that we should be twisting the video toward some pre-existing bias against the government or any government agency. And I stand by that. Whether Berg was "dirty" or not doesn't matter. Whether this was Al-Qaeda or U.S. doesn't matter. Evil doesn't turn shades according to who does it. And a wicked act can not go unchecked.

The fact is that there are two American-accented English statements made at the end of the audio file. Now, we can spin yarns about why, but our speculations don't count. The facts count. Some one needs to investigate why there is an American in the room during this atrocity. And, more importantly, some one needs to answer to us.

I personally feel, for the first time in my life, that this is worthy of a march on Washington. This cannot be allowed to stand if there was an American in that room. And I don't care if he was a white-trash perverted MP at Abu Grhaib, in the CIA, or a U.S. civilian contractor, somebody needs to explain to me why there was an American getting his nuts off over the torturous beheading of a man.

CNN has been contacted and has the link.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join