It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient nanotech age

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by masonicon

The only evidence of nano-anything we can find in any times is Wootz steel that was manufactured by the Indians. This steel was the best quality steel the world has ever known, even superior to modern steel. Recent scientific examination of woots steel has shown that it contains nanotubes which give it its legendary strength.

Do you have a source for the "nanotubes" claim? I see archaeological sites saying that it contained microcarbides and had tungsten and vanadium, but microcarbides aren't the same as nanocarbides or nanotubes. If there's been something new in the past year or so I haven't kept up with it and would appreciate a link to the claim.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

There you go: www.nature.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I Just Get the Idea of this from Alien vs Predator because the Predator is have Egypto-Mayan style Culture and Extensively uses Nanotechnology

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To masonicon:

So, your "source" is a movie?? You should say so in the OP mate!

By the way, nice going with the "Giant nanomachine"! What's next? A "super giant red dwarf"?

To Indigo:

The Indians surely had some advanced knowledge when it comes to steel, take the iron pillar of Delhi for example, which stands for centuries yet it doesn't rust. From that to go to nano-agents in Damascan steel is a leap of two sorts. One, it remains to be decided if said nano-agents were put on purpose or created during the process by luck or circumstances. Two, Damascus is not in India and at the time those swords were made was under Arab rule (and India was not, perhaps some parts in the west only).

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
did the Anunnaki uses cyborg Nanotechnology?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maegnas
To masonicon:

So, your "source" is a movie?? You should say so in the OP mate!

By the way, nice going with the "Giant nanomachine"! What's next? A "super giant red dwarf"?

additionally I also get this idea from Digimon where Nanotech-themed Digimon lives in the something that strikingly resembles Great Pyramid of Giza and people has been conditioned with notion like: things like Conspiracies and Pseudosciences are mere fiction

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
ancient civilizations are pretty amazing.
there is no obvious proof they were highly advanced though.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
ancient civilizations are pretty amazing.
there is no obvious proof they were highly advanced though.

check anything about out of place artifacts if you need to know more about advanced ancient civilizations

[edit on 21-2-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

What sites do you view now? I'm just curious as I'm starting to notice the same thing. In the time I've been viewing ATS it seems to have been gone from one end of the spectrum (well researched topics) to absolute rubbish for the most part. Endless speculation, baseless claims, and people's logic chasing their tails.

There are a large number of highly intelligent people who still post and try to bring the posts back down to earth but its kind of depressing to see such a great site fall in the way that it has.

I hope ATS can be saved....

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
Their Pyramids is Giant nanomachine

Doesn't the word "giant" defeats the propose of the word "nano"?

Just wondering.

For what I understand of nano technology it's nano and not giant, things of a molecular scale can't really be considered "giant". And from what I know the pyramids are nothing less than stone, and are far from being a machine on a molecular level.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by Byrd

There you go: www.nature.com...

That is an interesting article, a formula of steele that had nanotubes and it seems nano wires of sorts. Wouldn't it be something that maybe those swords where made too well by whoever was living among humans at the time and these are just artifacts that happen to survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join