It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Polls : Republicans get a clean sweep!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by mike dangerously

Does it really matter who wins in the end? Dem or Republican it really makes no difference in the end.The game is fixed and we all pay the price.

What matters is that the same party doesn't control the Presidency, the House and the Senate. A deadlocked government means that they can't do much. That's the best we can hope for right now.
That's nothing and everyone here knows it.If that's the best we can hope for then it really is over for the nation and it's time to drop the left/right charade.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Yep, the only way that Christie will win is if its outside the margin of fraud. If the final polls today show Christie with a 1-2% lead, the lawsuits will follow, ballot boxes will be found stuffed in some Democratic operative's car, and Corzine will end up winning by a few thousand votes. Happens every time.

At least its not in Philadelphia, where 110% of the registered voters go to the polls every time.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am from NJ and I am at a loss over who to vote for, I am leaning towards voting for Daggett. I refuse to vote for the corrupt democratic party here in this state because they are the reason NJ has become almost unbearable to live in, and Christie is nothing more than a crook himself.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I am from NJ and I am at a loss over who to vote for, I am leaning towards voting for Daggett. I refuse to vote for the corrupt democratic party here in this state because they are the reason NJ has become almost unbearable to live in, and Christie is nothing more than a crook himself.

I understand your dilemma, but ultimately, a vote for Daggett is a vote for Corzine. I don't live in NJ, but if I did, I'd probably hold my nose and vote for Christie, because he's not the incumbent, and the incumbent in any position has had too much time in office developing corrupt connections.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well, we're moving forward.
Virginia is done. Republicans won.
R- Governor
R- Lt. Governor
R- Attorney General

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It wasn't just the wins in that state, it was the margin of victory. The Democrats took an absolute beating in Virginia. The GOP is leading all three races by at least 18% with 80% of the precincts reporting. I haven't seen the legislature numbers, but some have said the Republicans could win as many as 12 seats there as well.

On to New Jersey. So far, I'm even more cautiously optimistic than I was. Independents are reportedly breaking almost 2-1 for Christie in this race, but with so many registered Dems in the state, its still going to be a close race.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have no faith in either party...

Lobbyism has taken the fight out of the for the people...

Before you ask I dunno what we the people can do.. Pray perhaps...
In theory we will see some balance I suppose..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Republican Department Head Deborah Pahler tells 7 News the scanners malfunctioned on the new election machines in the towns of Clare, Edwards and Rossie and possibly in Louisville, Waddington and the Potsdam Civic Center.

Voting Machine malfunctions in NY-23

Well, here we go. I'm hearing elsewhere that these may not be counted until tomorrow, so we may not know the results there for a while.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Time for another update: The AP has called the race in New Jersey for the Republican Christie. Myself, I think its still just a bit early to call it, but the paths to victory for Corzine are definitely drying up quickly, down by roughly 90,000 votes and with ~79% of the precincts in.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

It looks like we got another one.
I was right.
Christie won +5 !
How about that?
----------------------
May have to wait until tomorrow morning to see the Hoffman victory
for NY 23.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Damn Hoffman winning...

This guy is against gay marriage and abortions! He's a social conservative!

Wow, this country is falling into a hole...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Not only is a vote for Dagget a vote for Corzine, but it came out and the Democratic party apparently admitted to funding Daggets robo-calls.

New Jersey is the most corrupt state in the country, make no doubt about it.

NJ R,D, Dispute Auto-calls
www.nj.com...Christie Seeks investigation of Robo-calls

[edit on 11/3/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yep. Looks like Christie is going to win this by margin large enough to prevent the usual garbage from the other side.

Here's hoping that Hoffman can win in NY-23 (and you're right, we probably won't know that one until tomorrow morning), but I thought that the two governorships were the big ones, especially Virginia being a supposed swing state. The Dems have now lost two governorships with a net 20%+ shift vs Obama's '08 margin in BOTH states.

BTW...the one we might know tonight is the race in California. I don't really expect a GOP win, but in a heavily Democrat district, if they can keep it in the single digits, it would be a very troublesome result for the Democrats in that state as well.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by vor78]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

This guy is against gay marriage and abortions! He's a social conservative! Wow, this country is falling into a hole...

Actually, I look at it quite differently. Perhaps there is still hope for this country. Murdering babies and supporting un-natural unions, contrary to the laws of nature, God, and civilized behavior, are hardly traits that better America.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Mak Manto

This guy is against gay marriage and abortions! He's a social conservative! Wow, this country is falling into a hole...

Actually, I look at it quite differently. Perhaps there is still hope for this country. Murdering babies and supporting un-natural unions, contrary to the laws of nature, God, and civilized behavior, are hardly traits that better America.

Last time I check, Emeritus, this country doesn't follow any religion... I don't see Christianity as the official religion, do you?

God, honestly, how can you look at yourself in the mirror everyday when you go to yourself that you believe that people should have freedom in this country, but you want them to follow your views on religion...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just as I suspected... I knew that if a Democrat or a Republican won any of those elections then nothing will change...

To Democrats, if any of your candidates won: Congratulations, your party will continue to destroy this country, run it into the ground, and not care about us citizens.

To Republicans, if any of your candidates won: Congratulations, your party will continue to destroy this country, run it into the ground, and not care about us citizens.

Democrats

Republicans

[edit on 3-11-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I can hear them in the White House right now!
Uh......how do we spin this?

--------------------------------------------
I can hear the blue dog dems running away from PelosiCare!
Coming through!.................Make a hole!......Get out of the way!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
HONESTLY, maybe it's me, but when we cherish our country for the freedoms it offer, you want freedoms limited on who can marry! You want freedoms on what one can do to their body.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Just as I suspected... I knew that if a Democrat or a Republican won any of those elections then nothing will change...

To Democrats, if any of your candidates won: Congratulations, your party will continue to destroy this country, run it into the ground, and not care about us citizens.

To Republicans, if any of your candidates won: Congratulations, your party will continue to destroy this country, run it into the ground, and not care about us citizens.

Democrats

Republicans

[edit on 3-11-2009 by XTexan]

YES!

We need RON PAUL!

He'll save the country! Let's get Ron Paul as President! Come on, ATS! Let's do it! Ron Paul for 2012!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

You misunderstand. I'm not overly thrilled with the GOP, but if the GOP can stomp on the Democrats tonight, it severely damages the ability of the Obama administration to keep the 'blue dog' Democrats on board with his agenda. If they jump ship over this, his agenda falls apart, nothing gets passed, and we're all a hell of a lot better off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join