It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to Christians, Why do non-believers go to hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Final judgement?? You mean final judgement as waiting to go into the lake of fire?? Would everyone in hell eventually get casted into the lake of fire?? Or is there a chance to go to repent in hell, and go to heaven?? I’m still finding this concept hard to believe that’s why I am asking so many questions to grasp it lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

The Lake of Fire is Hell. No one goes there until 1000 years AFTER Jesus returns. Read Revelation 20-21 and you'll see. It's a death sentence, not eternal punishment. Re-read my post on page one. It explains it all, without opinion, but with proper translations from hebrew and greek as to what Hell really is.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So where do they should go in between life and death, before Jesus comes?? Also what about people who were burned when they died, instead of buried how would they get resurrected. Also do you mean the lake of fire is where the soul actually gets destroyed?? Wouldn’t that mean a new soul would be made replacing itself?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Bro, don't listen to him, there is no such thing as Revelation 20:21. However Revelation Chapter 20 ends with the GWTJ I told you about earlier:

"The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[c] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[d] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

Read the entire 20th chapter of Revelation here.

Christ speaks of the torments of the damned souls as "eternal", and "for ever and ever". And the fire as "un-quenching". No matter how a person dies God can resurrect them a new incorruptible body.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You have a misconception of soul. The word "soul" in the bible simply means "life" or "breath". You do not become spirit unless you transfigure or transform to spirit as Jesus did in the Gospels. Your physical body goes into the lake of fire and burns up for the 2nd death if you fail to repent in the end. If you die today, you remain dead in the ground until Christ returns. There are two resurrections. The first is that of the saints at the start of His return. The second is after 1000 years from the time Christ returns. This second resurrection is known as the "White Throne Judgement" and this judgement period is where people choose life or death for eternity.

If you burn up to ash when you die like cremation, your resurrection will be like reconstruction from ash to flesh. The thing to remember is that your physical body actually transforms into spirit and if this happens, you are saved from the second death. Remember that God can do anything so something like people who died in a fire or were cremated is nothing. Remember that He created us from the dust and to the dust we return. this remains true until resurrection time.

Just read in the bible. John 3:13 states that Christ is the only Human to go to Heaven and in all reality, He was the "Word" of God or the "Jehovah" of the Old testament which means He already was in heaven before becoming human. King David is said to never have accended to heaven as Acts chapter 2 states and we all know King David was a man after God's heart. Hebrews gives a list of patriarchs who never saw the "promise" of resurrection and that's only because it hasn't happened yet.

Forget what traditional christianity has taught you because they are misled.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey smart-@$$, I didn't say Revelation 20:21. I said Revelation 20-21 as in Chapters twenty and twenty one. What you're telling him is what he's always heard and is what he's being turned off about.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I know but were does our spirit, soul or mind go when we die in the ground (burnt or w.e)?? Are we just in a trance state?? That is what i am wondering. Also the thing I don’t get about eternity in hell, is that eternity is forever. What if god randomly changes his mind and wants to start everything fresh, wouldn’t he be contradicting himself in saying eternity, because really does he know how long eternity is? Or is that just a human concept? Also are you saying when jesus comes back he have the chance to repent and go to heaven? What about the people who dont? Do there soul gets destoryed or do they burn for eternity? I am just trying to figure out this whole concept a little confusing to me hehe

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

If you die today, you remain dead in the ground until Christ returns.

You're teaching "soul sleep", which is a heresy derived from the pagans and Gnostics at Alexandria Egypt. What the Word says:

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:8

We are made in the image of God, we have a Spirit, a Body, and a Soul. When we die our Spirit goes to the Father if we die in Christ. No one is given a resurrected, incorruptible body until the resurrection. The body turns to dust, but death separates the Spirit from the body. Anyone who has had a NDE will tell you their spirit left their body.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
yeah but the majority of NDE's arent christian related. Some are of course. Most just see a shiny glowing ball of peace. Or they see different gods, like hinuds who had an NDE saw an hindu god, how do u explain that. And dont say the devil casue that is just so bias. lol

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That's not what i said my friend, I said ask any person who had claimed to have had an NDE, they will tell you their Spirit left their body.

I think that's a myth that Hindus see other stuff, here is a link to the scientific studies of NDEs and what those surveyed said they saw when experiencing an out of the body experience:

HERE

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No one on this earth will be judged until ALL have the opportunity to hear about the saving grace of Christ first. Then it will be THEIR own decision to which neighborhood they choose to spend eternity.

Our Creator is a just God and wants to receive all hos children back to him and everyone will hear about "The Way", and the love, mercy, and forgiveness of Jesus.

Peace as always,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You mean when he is suppose to come down from the heavens?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

when He comes back from heaven, yes that also will be time for new believers. But, remember, when that time happens we will be in the middle of a war and excuse me, but all hell will be breaking lose. It would serve one much wiser to receive the salvation of Christ before all this happens.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"The Great White Throne Judgment

Christ speaks of the torments of the damned souls as "eternal", and "for ever and ever". And the fire as "un-quenching". No matter how a person dies God can resurrect them a new incorruptible body.
Revelation also says that people are clusters of grapes that get stomped on.

Then another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. Another angel, who was in charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to the angel who had the sharp sickle, “Use your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes off the vine of the earth, because its grapes are now ripe.” So the angel swung his sickle over the earth and gathered the grapes from the vineyard of the earth and tossed them into the great winepress of the wrath of God. Then the winepress was stomped outside the city, and blood poured out of the winepress up to the height of horses’ bridles for a distance of almost two hundred miles.
So, do they get stomped, then burned. Don't you think they would already be dead after the stomping?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Do you have any idea what it means to be poor in spirit? Those who are poor in spirit are those who have no understanding of spirit and things of spirit, and thus they are poor in it. Those who are rich in spirit, are those who have good understanding of spirit and so forth.

Why are the poor in spirit blessed? Because they do not know any better. As Jesus says - "Bless them father, for they know not what they do".

The only people who need to be deceived or manipulated into doing evil things and choosing to do so are those who are good at heart. If they were evil, then no manipulation and such would be needed to get them to do evil, the truth would be fine.

Every person will be given the truth before it's over. That is what the word "revelation" means. To reveal. The truth will be revealed to all. And when the people who are good but manipulated see the truth for themselves, they will choose that over evil, and thus they are blessed.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It's appointed for every man to die once, now if men want to partake of the second death they'll be granted that desire as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If you die today, you remain dead in the ground until Christ returns.

You're teaching "soul sleep", which is a heresy derived from the pagans and Gnostics at Alexandria Egypt. What the Word says:

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:8

Why don't you research that scripture there? "We are confident, I say, and WILLING RATHERto be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Paul is saying he'd would rather be absent from his body and present with the Lord than to live the day to see corruption. In this letter to the Corinthians, Paul was in prison writing this letter from Rome. He was near death and wanting the suffering to end. He had better words for telling people we would meet Christ as soon as we died but this passage does not say it. It is misquoted by many protestant christians I know. Paul simply had a longing to be with Christ. He also believed it would happen in his lifetime, the return of Christ that is.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I agree with Paul, I'd much rather be absent from my body too and present with the Lord, but it's not God's will yet. So I'll continue to do what the Lord instructed me to do in John 15:16 until that time comes.

Where did Jesus tell the thief on the cross he would be after he died? In limbo awaiting the judgment some 3,000 years later, or in Paradise, that very day?

Where did Paul go when he was stoned to death and had an NDE? Soul sleep or the third heaven?

Why does everyone who has had an NDE state their spirit left their body, many of them describing accurately what the doctors were doing to their body while trying to bring them back from the dead.

When we die our spirit leaves the body and either goes up or down....

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I agree with Paul, I'd much rather be absent from my body too and present with the Lord, but it's not God's will yet. So I'll continue to do what the Lord instructed me to do in John 15:16 until that time comes.

Where did Jesus tell the thief on the cross he would be after he died? In limbo awaiting the judgment some 3,000 years later, or in Paradise, that very day?

Where did Paul go when he was stoned to death and had an NDE? Soul sleep or the third heaven?

Why does everyone who has had an NDE state their spirit left their body, many of them describing accurately what the doctors were doing to their body while trying to bring them back from the dead.

When we die our spirit leaves the body and either goes up or down....

And where was Jesus when He died? Up in heaven already? I thought we had to wait for the sign of Jonah. 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth ring a bell? Jesus was literally dead for 72 hours before resurrecting. The thief on the cross was told that he would be in paradise with Jesus but further study on this passage shows a comma. Koine Greek had no punctuation marks.

....I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.

Reads as if the theif would join Jesus that very day in paradise but contradicts the sign of Jonah.

.....I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise.

A general and proper use of the comma stating the fact that eventually the theif would join Jesus in paradise. At that very moment (today) Jesus was speaking the words of reasurrance to the repentant theif.

Please research my friend. And read John 3:13 for me too. Something about Jesus being the only man to ever enter heaven? Is that contradictory to what He said to the theif on the cross?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
See though I believe the god would be a forgiving god, no matter what. If you are into NDEs like you say you are, you will hear of the people who go to hell, but yell for god’s help and then they go to heaven. I believe no matter what happens to a soul/person they will be forgiven, if they want to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join