It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

proof of the afterlife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
not the whole title.. but sounded better then the original,what do you think?

A new book promises incontrovertible proof of the afterlife. That's cold comfort to those of us left behind.

Admittedly, the multiverse, although a perfectly respectable concept in theoretical physics, is supported by no more empirical evidence than the soul itself. Afterlife studies, to coin a phrase, has been an empty field, at least until now. The AWARE study ("Awareness During Resuscitation") is looking at "near-death experiences" (NDEs)—the recollections of people who were revived after clinical death, defined as the absence of heartbeat and the cessation of measurable electrical activity in the brain.

story here

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
To have absolute truth, without any doubt, you need to experience it on your own (NDE). I've been there, i know. To understand the afterlife, you need to be outside of the physical plane. That plane or sphere if you prefer, is nothing but memories. It's the memory energies of the souls that have crossed over.
IMO, it's the only way to prove to yourself that there is life after life.
Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Great article, but I do not believe in Christianity for the reason of hell. No god would banish people to hell for ENTERNITY(one example is people going to hell for not accepting Jesus as their saviour). Period. What about people in remote areas in jungles... I guess they go to hell no matter what. For that reason i do not believe in Christianity. But this article isn’t about my personal opinions so ill shut up now
. S&F

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Based on that article, this book has less to do with the afterlife and more to do with why Christianity is better then atheism.

I'd rather read personal testimonies of the Afterlife.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Very fascinating subject, I am currently reading The Afterlife Experiments, where laboratory controlled tests using respected mediums and scientists in double and triple blind replicated experiments are being carried out. The results are frankly astounding.

Thanks for bringing this to light I believe there is so much for us to discover regarding the survival of consciousness.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Good for you on posting this. I think it is a good thing to keep people aware of this subject.

There is so much evidence, data, and experience available on this subject, it is a shame that people still argue about it. I consider the spiritual continuum a proven fact, but others evidently will need more convincing.

In my mind, the mechanism by which past lives are forgotten is much more important to understand than the question of whether or not they exist. Of course they do.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Very fascinating subject, I am currently reading The Afterlife Experiments, where laboratory controlled tests using respected mediums and scientists in double and triple blind replicated experiments are being carried out. The results are frankly astounding.

... but sadly flawed: www.csicop.org....

Fascinating topic though!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Thank you for the source. The book does give the skeptics a nod, albeit a sentence! However, I have not yet looked at what they have had to say, as I literally finished the book this evening.

I now know what I will be reading tomorrow evening.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Off topic, I know, but not period. Others will disagree, but some people, like me, see that the NT does lay out another way of getting to Heaven for people that truly never knew anything about Jesus. They'll be judged by their own morals basically, and they won't be judged as harshly.

I won't go into the text, but it basically says a just master would not punish someone that had not been given instructions as harshly as one that had been given the instructions and did not do them. There's some other verses on the topic if I had more time. But in other words someone that really never really knew about Jesus would not be punished as harshly or perhaps not even at all.

Because if we think about it logically, how can you throw two people into Hell for eternity and have one them being punished less? You can't give two people the exact same punishment and say that one was punished less than the other. That wouldn't make any sense.

So, the only way for that to be true is if the one that didn't know anything about Jesus obviously doesn't get sent to Hell because that's the only way their punishment could be lesser.

Many people would disagree with me, but I like to remember Jesus came as the savior for the Jewish people and many of the things he said were directed to them. So, when he was talking about them he was the only way for them to be saved because he came at a time when their religion was all screwed up and corrupted and they had all become hypocrites.

He might have simply been saying their only hope is through him. Now if you're Jewish you've obviously most probably heard of Jesus. There's no getting around that. So, there's no reason to reject him and be judged by your own morals when you can simply says, hey I accepted Jesus.

It's more about purposely rejecting Jesus than it is simply not knowing he ever existed. They say you must believe in Jesus, but in the context I think what they really mean is, you can't reject Jesus and what he did for us or at least thought he was doing for us and still go to Heaven.

Well, how can you reject him if nobody ever told you about him right? I don't think Jesus would consider that a rejection. The only thing is, if you do believe in Jesus and Heaven is real and God is real then you'll have a much easier time with Jesus as your advocate up there instead of trying to get in on your own.

But I didn't know anything about Jesus wasn't going to work as an excuse for the people he was talking to because he was talking to the Jewish people. Someone in a remote jungle maybe has an excuse for not knowing anything about Jesus, but that's about it lol.

I personally think that's what it's really about.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by tinfoilman]

new topics

top topics

join