It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cells: What goes on inside your body. Amazing! (w/video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This amazing 3 minute video by Harvard University shows the inner workings of the bodies cells in absolutely brilliant detail. This is REALLY what's happening inside your body! Truly awesome. Makes you look at your body in a different light.

To view in HD go here: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Nice animation. Makes me want to know what each item represents. Have you seen any other videos that give a better explanation?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

Just the other day I saw a video from Harvard that was almost a sequel to this one, that explained what was happening etc...I am scouring the interwebs in search of that vid.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
wow! simply mind blowing, I didnt realize how machine like the cell movement was like. Did they mention what cells they were and what function they served?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe this was used in Ben Stein's movie "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed". This, and a lot of the other evidence in the movie, IMHO, went a long way towards casting serious doubt on an atheistic model of the universe. Something like this simply could not have happened on accident.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I thought of it being made up of flowers (or weeds, depending on how you look at vegatation). I did find this video. Is this the one you were talking about Scooby?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by paraclete1]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
WOW, great video, S&F! I wonder what kind of cells those were though. Any of you have any idea?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Great post! S&F for you!

paraclete1 posted an explanation which I am watching now. Hopefully I can understand it, I know my Med Lab Scientist girlfriend will.
Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Universes within universes. Seeing things like this makes me wonder in greater detail the role we play in a larger orgamism we can not even yet begin to comprehend or see the borders of.

The reality is what plays out without plays out within, and probably even further within in microscopic detail inside these individual cells we can't even see yet.

Makes my brain hurt!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by honkusbobo

I agree. This video really makes me think 'Wow, that can't be random.' It looks like everything has an agenda, probably due to our blueprint coding from DNA. But what makes the proteins and materials perform? It has to be the Life Force. Lack of the Life Force gives you things like cancer.

Cool vid.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I thought the same thing. I used to descibe electron flow in electronics to my family as a city of people going to work and back. The movie TRON had a great ending showing a circuit board then panning back to a city at night. Or was it the other way around.

But in any case, I also compare the earth to a living entity, I think of rivers as blood, trees as lungs, lightening as brainwave activity, and humans as cancer cells simply because we do more damage than good.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

i wouldnt go that far because most of our scientific discoveries were by accident so even if an intelligent entity created what moves us, it could have still been a fluke.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I love the Science Forum on ATS. If any change will happen it will come from here^^

Keep on admiring the marvels of this world

S&F

P.S Captions of what we exactly are seeing would have been great though

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by honkusbobo

There are no accidents, but there aint randomness either, in nature.

Its just selforganizing chaos.

Best evidence to let things evolve themselves, cause nature doesnt make mistakes

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This has been posted before. Somebody commented that the protein-to-water ratio in this film is not realistic, but was done this way to make it more dramatic.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

But in any case, I also compare the earth to a living entity, I think of rivers as blood, trees as lungs, lightening as brainwave activity, and humans as cancer cells simply because we do more damage than good.

No way are humans a cancer. We are the land. We are composed of organic compounds and elements as is the rest of the Universe in varying degrees of order. We are simply children, rebelling, finding our place and coming to understand ourselves and the order of the world. The only guidance we are taught is to follow our forefathers, parents, but our true parents are all around us. That is what we have ignored and what we will suffer for.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is absolutely amazing, OP

It's almost as though we were viewing life on some other planet. The human body is quite a remarkable thing! The way all the cells work just to make us function is simply outstanding.

I wonder which cell is which

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
THat was real amazing, and it doesnt look like the results of a random accidental act by a amoeba, does it ! ?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks Uncle Scoob......

I love the soundtrack. Wonder if it's an original piece by the creators of the video?

-Dev

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join