It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cells: What goes on inside your body. Amazing! (w/video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I thought the same thing. I used to descibe electron flow in electronics to my family as a city of people going to work and back. The movie TRON had a great ending showing a circuit board then panning back to a city at night. Or was it the other way around.

But in any case, I also compare the earth to a living entity, I think of rivers as blood, trees as lungs, lightening as brainwave activity, and humans as cancer cells simply because we do more damage than good.

We are but off springs of earth (Gaia), just as the planets are off springs of the sun, and the sun off springs of a greater sun, and so on and so forth, all connected and all singular.

The earth is not revengeful, it simply balances itself in innocence, just as the sun does and so on and so forth.

Cancer is caused by anger, a coalescing of aggravated thoughts, something that is yet to be figured out rationally, science and it's theories (and scientists will tell you) are never 100% proven always struggling between opposing sides.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AdmiralObamaGFOL

Do we really have to turn this into a religious debate? This is the science and technology forum, why must you entice others to help you derail a thread that has nothing to do with religion?

Try and keep it on topic.....posts like that have no place in this forum, much less this thread. There's a whole forum dedicated to that genre of arguing.

On topic: The video didn't cite the music in the credits. Hmmmmm?

-Dev

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That was an incredible video and the soundtrack also added some drama
I don't think we are cancer cells we are children,we like to think we are adults but we grow up into children with bigger toys.
We still play with our cars,we still play with our guns,we still destroy things, the only difference is we do it on a more larger scale.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Music in the credits? sure, now THAT is on topic!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It looks like a whole other world where the citizens of the body are fighting off aliens. (foreign bacteria) As above so below.

People think that man just walked out of the ocean or something. No. We have had an incredible amount of time to evolve. That video is millions of years of the human body getting it right and evolving.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For those more interested in what's actually going on, here's a link to a related video (same animations) with narration.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Funny you just found this! One of my lecturers at the university here in Trondheim just showed that clip at the end of his lecture in the subject molecular cell biology last week! It was really cool to watch, especially since I know what many of these things are and does.. Gave me a new perspective besides just reading about them in the textbooks. I really liked the transport protein that transfers the big vesicles and stuff on the microtubuli (a part of the cells cytosceleton) that walked funny! I read about that small protein complex last year, and it is really a complex movement with use of 1 ATP (the cells' energy source) molecule for each step.. How the different parts in cells operate is just mind blowing, and this really shows the beauty of it!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
very cool video, Thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow thats absolutely astounding, it's amazing how machine-esque our bodys are... This is definitely the work of a sentient being

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sorry i correct myself.. not sentient.. a Higher being of sorts

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This video makes me realize that there is no God. It makes me realize that all life is just molecules doing their thing, organically evolved from an almost infinite set of trials & failures over billions of years, and the end result we see is just a snapshot in where these molecules are at as they move forward in time, continually evolving.

Now we have humans who are working on taking that evolution to an entirely new level with nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, and bioengineering.

I look at this stuff like this video and realize this could have never been made by some God. A God would never make a universe like this. Why would he/she? The universe we are learning about has nothing to do with God. This universe is something else entirely.

If you believe God made this universe, then you believe your God is a deceitful God - creating an illusion of solid forms and magic where it's really something else entirely running it. If you believe that the illusion came about naturally, then that makes sense - just evolution becoming better at understanding the universe, going from illusion to illumination.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I thought the same thing. I used to descibe electron flow in electronics to my family as a city of people going to work and back. The movie TRON had a great ending showing a circuit board then panning back to a city at night. Or was it the other way around.

But in any case, I also compare the earth to a living entity, I think of rivers as blood, trees as lungs, lightening as brainwave activity, and humans as cancer cells simply because we do more damage than good.

I think of Humans as the immune system and the scavenger cells, or so it should be.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
This video makes me realize that there is no God. It makes me realize that all life is just molecules doing their thing, organically evolved from an almost infinite set of trials & failures over billions of years, and the end result we see is just a snapshot in where these molecules are at as they move forward in time, continually evolving.

Now we have humans who are working on taking that evolution to an entirely new level with nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, and bioengineering.

I look at this stuff like this video and realize this could have never been made by some God. A God would never make a universe like this. Why would he/she? The universe we are learning about has nothing to do with God. This universe is something else entirely.

If you believe God made this universe, then you believe your God is a deceitful God - creating an illusion of solid forms and magic where it's really something else entirely running it. If you believe that the illusion came about naturally, then that makes sense - just evolution becoming better at understanding the universe, going from illusion to illumination.

Wow...! I look at complexity and say, There is a God...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Really incredible video!

Everyone should see this to realize just how bad it is to destroy your incredible body with alcohol or other things such as vaccinations.

PS: If a god exists who created that god?

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Time=Now]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

That was great. S&F

Does anyone have a link to the page that showed our solar system against other starts and the rest of the universe on a size comparison scale. After the 3rd or 4th sun our sun looks like a tiny pinhead of light.

I recalled seeing a page that showed the Earth and our Sun size. Then it compared our Sun to other larger stars and then even larger stars. I wanted to show my son, but couldn't find the link. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That animation is a whole world of awesome.

We really are minature universes, host to a multitude of life.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
AMAZING!!! absolutley beutiful! jsut like antoher universe! at 2;13/2:14 what is that blig blue cell/ball with yellow feet walking forward? it re defined the word locomation and inteligence for me!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Are you watching the 3 minute one with music, or the 8 minute one? The 8 minute one has a narator saying what everything is. (not that I understood any of it
)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
wow the aliens that created us were really advanced to make that, g'damn

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The universe is the Infinite One experiencing itself in infinity, endlessly.

This video should prove an intelligent design, not trial and error by pure randomness in a random creation that is randomly existent for some random reason.

Evoloution and a creator are both correct, intelligent evolution with the known outcome.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join