It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To sucker paranoids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The problem is, that these whacko paranoids are abundant on websites like this. They cite horrible sources that aren't credible by any means. Sources from the late 90's, right before the "Y2K" fallout. It's really sad to see what some of these people post, and not being able to tell, "is this person mentally ill?" or "do they have an agenda here," or "are they just trying to get attention?"

More often than not it's the later of the three, just somebody who wants "attention" or wants ATS points, or to raise their Flag Contribution thing, whatever the hell it is.

The threads that actually mean something, with knowledgeable, well thought-out, and extremely well researched content, such as the ones by you Skyfloating, or the ones by jkrog08 (even though they might sound completely insane), they at least provide ample amounts of content that's not just crap that anyone could have made up.

I was a lurker on ATS since 04/05, and just recently started posting in the summer of 2008. I've seen my share of crazies here, but I've also seen the occasional thread which makes me wonder "Gee..." One thing that adds to the problem are the people, who you're referring to. They'll walk in and say "OMG IT'S PUBLISHED ON THE INTERNET, ON A SITE CODED IN HTML 1.0...IT MUST BE TRUE!!!" That's where the problem grows, as followers and followers pile on the bandwagon, and the topic gets more and more attention.

As for real life, there are some idiots out there, but I think that it's more of the spectacle that we as individuals put on. I can make somebody believe nearly anything within reason. I'm a pretty good communicator, and have acted many times in several productions, in front of 1,000s of people. So it's easy for me to walk up to a single individual and put on a show.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well you are certainly entitled to that opinion. So though are numerous people from Los Angeles and San Francisco where Page once served as the High Priest of the Occult.

I was in those days a musician in Los Angeles and my paths have crossed on several ocassions with all mentioned.

I don't know your little sister. I do know the others.

Let me add I have dabled briefly in the Occult years ago as simply an attempt to leave no stone unturned in a personal quest for something I once greatly desired and had an all consuming importance to it.

Through those interactions I found out that some people take the Occult very seriously. So seriously in fact that they did not want me dabbling in it in any regard because of my personal motivations to do so and my predispositions towards it.

Because of this I can not speak to actually what occurs within the Occult and Occult rituals from first hand experience but did meet some very prominent individuals who were heavily involved in it.

My own personal belief it is simply another way to tap into the human mind's and soul's own inherent powers in a way that allows people to believe it is possible.

I am wholly ignorant though of most of the things involved in that, but not ignorant about some of the people involved with it, as they were the people who counseled me not to dabble in it, even though they did and knew all about it.

Tis a strange world we live in full of illusions most of which are dualistic in nature.

This of course serves to create the divisions that cause people to take opposing sides in the argument.

I stand by my original post. Thanks!

Edit to add: Page currently lives in Ft. Lauderdale a few miles up the road from me in Miami. He though isn't always in town.

[edit on 2/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for elaborating. I was not understanding your point, now I think I do.
Frankly, I tend to get impatient with your very lengthy posts - no offense.

A solution, as you correctly state, is to understand whats going on within an organization - within reasonable privacy parameters of course.

The solution for those who have become too paranoid is to get out there and actually meet some of the people they accuse of being lizardly. And educate themselves on the art of indoctrination through literature.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
"is this person mentally ill?"

5%

"do they have an agenda here,"

5%

"are they just trying to get attention?"

90%

Just a guess....

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for elaborating. I was not understanding your point, now I think I do.
Frankly, I tend to get impatient with your very lengthy posts - no offense.

A solution, as you correctly state, is to understand whats going on within an organization - within reasonable privacy parameters of course.

The solution for those who have become too paranoid is to get out there and actually meet some of the people they accuse of being lizardly. And educate themselves on the art of indoctrination through literature.

My friend I do believe much of the Reptilian accusations stems from the Biblical beliefs instilled in many that a Snake that represents Lucifer led people astray from a benign paradise.

I think many people as a result simply manifest reptiles as being inherently evil and end up projecting that on things that they imagine to be evil.

My posts are lengthy to create as broad a foundation as I can so people of differing developmental points can understand the rudiments that lead to the more advanced.

I strongly urge you to filter out that which does not apply.

That though does not mean it won't apply to some since we are all in different stages of developmental learning.

A lot of what frustrates people in their arguments is the assumption that those who they are debating posses rudimentary knowledge of a nature that they don't that allows them to understand then better the suppositions you are putting forward.

By your own admission part of what inflicts your sensibilities as a Mason is people who don't have rudimentary knowledge of it first commenting or theorizing on more advanced aspects of it.

Ultimately if you want to influence people and get them to accept things they must be convinced for a person convinced against their own will through intimidation or humiliation of strength of arms is a person who remains unconvinced.

Sharing all the information that might convince them helps a great deal towards influencing people and giving them foundations for higher knowledge.

That task does fall on you if you want to infulence people.

[edit on 2/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Thanks for the en-light-ening post. I have no doubt that Light-ness as in Humor is connected to Light as in Enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So you basically lie to people and then laugh at them for being foolish enough to believe your lie?

Do you steal candy from toddlers as a secondary hobby?

What amazes me is that someone who would admit to doing something so loathsome would be considered moderator material. Wow.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
So you basically lie to people and then laugh at them for being foolish enough to believe your lies?

Telling jokes equals being a liar to you?

Do you steal candy from toddlers as a secondary hobby?

Where is that coming from?

What amazes me is that someone who would admit to doing something so loathsome would be considered moderator material. Wow.

Yeah, really, really loathsome to poke fun once in awhile. Besides, I quit doing even that. Afterall, there is now a huge PC-crowd out there frowning upon Humor.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
To those readers who have been starring the heck out of posts like the one above mine:

Dont assume that "TPTB" are the only ones who lie. Authors desperate to demonize, sensationalize and sell books also lie.

Me pointing it out does not mean I steal candy from toddlers.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

To those readers who have been starring the heck out of posts like the one above mine:

Dont assume that "TPTB" are the only ones who lie. Authors desperate to demonize, sensationalize and sell books also lie.

Me pointing it out does not mean I steal candy from toddlers.

Oh no! Now paranoia is striking you!

Just when I thought we had found a voice of reason in all this madness.

I should have known!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Doubly interesting the way different people interpret your OP.

I often wonder how many lives are adversely affected by the numerous lies we see associated with these topics. For instance I recall posts a couple of years ago from a person who packed up their family and ran expecting a tsunami to hit the East Coast of the US.

I see a great danger in medical myths and lies. People not taking life saving medications due to paranoia generated by medical lies and myths. Dead infants from Vegan Parents who fall for dietary myths.

This is kind of the Chicken or the Egg question. Is it the fault of the gullible people for falling for myths and lies or is it the fault of the people spreading the falsehoods?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

A sense of humor is a normal Human thing. To not have one is not normal.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
OPs:

I am reading your posts, taking the 3rd letter from every other sentence and running it through my masonic filter for the algorithm, but it is coming up weird.

Have we changed the algorithm and I simply dont have the update, or did you misspell something?

oh, and just wanted to say: The swimming dog has barked at the second star during the waning moon.

(would have used the algorithm as usual, but I think it must have changed...sorry about the old school pseduo-codes but gotta be sure the message is delivered before 22)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Is it the fault of the gullible people for falling for myths and lies or is it the fault of the people spreading the falsehoods?

Its a two-way-street, isnt it...

As for the damages caused by fear/paranoia: Maybe everything bad thats ever happened, including every single war on the planet began with it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The swimming dog has barked at the second star during the waning moon.
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

By the way, how's the rain on the rhubarb?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sad but true.

I'm not even sure we can control it. It is in our genetic makeup.

Of course much of this is not even lies. It is our predisposition to assign blame when we can't deal with our own inadequacies.

We replace Tribalism (Racism) with other hates because we can't overcome our genes. We must have a Bogeyman under the bed and it makes it easy for liars and confidence persons to take advantage of us. We allow ourselves to be manipulated due to our need to always assign blame for everything that happens that is negative in our lives.

We buy a house we can't afford; it's the banks fault.

The weather is a little strange this year; it's the SUV drivers fault or the it's being done by the government through Chemtrails or by using HAARP.

We see something in the sky we can't immediately identify; it's Aliens out to get us.

A bunch of guys join a club to socialize and get away from their Wives; it's a giant conspiracy to take over the World.

People become rich and successful; they are part of a giant conspiracy to take over the World.

A new strain of naturally occurring Flu comes around every few decades: it's a government conspiracy to kill us.

The real danger here as I see it is that it numbs us to when REAL conspiracies happen that we need to be aware of. It makes us targets.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Stroke em at #005. It is my honor to invoke the blessings of Horus. Rise Saturn, Rise once again to where k-mart has nightly visions of a summernights flurry of beetles in wake of rumors mistaken for #005.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The real danger here as I see it is that it numbs us to when REAL conspiracies happen that we need to be aware of. It makes us targets.

All the surface noise prevents the uncovering of real conspiracy. In fact I´d guess that a good tactic to cover up some operation would be to spread all kinds of nonsense about it so that people loose interest in looking at the subject...

The rest is, as you already hinted at...victim mentality.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A brief response to the OP - I would like to shift this away from Masonry as I think your point was more about the "issues" of people being so caught up in the "conspiracy" concept, that they'll readily believe the most outlandish of things.

I joined ATS because I liked the DISCUSSION of alternative, fringe, conspiracy ideas, but have seen a massive slew of dogmatic writing and theorising on here - I won't mention my pet hates, but there are topics that come along on here that have no factual basis but seem to constantly be lapped-up and accepted as fact, which to my mind seems as sensible as listening to a televangelist. By the way if anyone does do this I have some land to sell them.

I can appreciate it is a bit mean to post Hoax material, but it does happen, not just on here either - whilst I believe in many whacky things, I have no proof for some and don't discuss them as anything more than speculative, I wish others would have the courtesy (intellectually) to do this.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You`re right. Truth sometimes hurts. But to quote the other guy, the EnlightenUp guy:

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Soon it ceases to hurt, then transmutes to ecstacy.

Heh, I'm a "that guy", a kind of "that dude" that "says stuff".

Are you perhaps subtley implying I'm an "extra" in my own movie. I thought I had at least a cameo like Stephen King in his.

Doesn't take a millionaire to see...complete paranoia is total awareness... -- TMBG

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join