It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To sucker paranoids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Anyone ever sucker conspiracy-theorists or paranoids? The ones that are so gullible they`ll believe anything? Some of the things Ive said:

"Every masonic lodge has a stolen item of ancient Egypt within it"

"Freemasons protect the world from carnivorous extraterrestrials"

"Our actual lodges are beneath the subway system"

"Our charity-work is a voodoo-technique to make the recipient weaker"

Unfortunately, those I have said these things to actually believed them. "Wow! Really!" they`d say, shivers running down their spine, eyes glazed.

"No, I was just kidding!!" I´d say. Ive meanwhile stopped doing it because it became embarrasing to see how innocently naive people are - by nature.

Ive seen others do it too. Some with more mischief. Two guys were hoping to become members of a lodge. It was obvious that they had gained all of their knowledge about Freemasonry from conspiracy-websites. So the guy interviewing them asked them if they would mind slaughtering goats in ritual. Their faces went pale. They stood up and left.

As hilarious as it is, its also sad because it exposes the stark contrast between "reality" as it plays out in peoples minds and Reality with a capital "R".

Personally I appreciate the ocassional speculative piece, but my experiences as a Freemason - and finding that Freemasons are very ordinary people doing very harmless things - has made me more discerning (as not to say skeptical) toward all fringe-ideas in general.

Have you ever suckered a paranoid? Have you ever been suckered because you are paranoid?

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One added thought:

Its strange how those the most afraid of being manipulated are the easiest to manipulate...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm with you entirely Brother. I am ever so prudent now in dealing with second-hand assumptions; which comprises nearly all the information we receive on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Did you ever think that may be the reason they are so fearful of being manipulated? They are aware, at the very least on a subconscious level, that they are easily manipulated.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i dont really sucker people i just yell at them over the internet.

Although this one time i told this kid at work that there was a secret society that consisted of only people who could draw perfect circles by hand. It amazes me.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why try to trick them and help disinformation or misinformation by misleading them, even if you only did it jokingly.

From that point on they might not believe stories of many political and corporate leaders who attend a forest in California to worship a big concrete or rock statue of a owl named Moloch or that the Skulls and Bones secret society have Geronimo's skull or some other secret deviously too crazy to believe.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
One added thought:

Its strange how those the most afraid of being manipulated are the easiest to manipulate...

And this justifies manipulating them for mere kicks?

I know that isn't exactly what you said but in a forum where members are held accountable for the truth value of their posts why is it okay to jokingly misrepresent a topic to people whom are sincerely attempting to find out.

I am aware of the assumptive nature of most Anti Masons but ridicule and belittlement, while an effective social posturing tool, is counter productive to collaboration.

I really don't understand the point of this thread but if we were to make an attempt to place some kind of valid implication, we could probably start discussing the use of such above mentioned "social posturings" in real world situations and discuss the sociological implications...which could extend beyond the realm of secret societies and as well potentially provide some significant insight to social heirarchy and the reactions of those within them...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustMeIKnow
And this justifies manipulating them for mere kicks?

I stopped doing this many years ago as its heartless. But its still happening. Tricksters are still doing it.

I know that isn't exactly what you said but in a forum where members are held accountable for the truth value of their posts why is it okay to jokingly misrepresent a topic to people whom are sincerely attempting to find out.

I havent knowingly misrepresented topics on this Forum.

I am aware of the assumptive nature of most Anti Masons but ridicule and belittlement, while an effective social posturing tool, is counter productive to collaboration.

I havent found a single thread on ATS pointing out that this does happen. I think that being aware of it will help the ATSer to be more of a discerning thinker.

I really don't understand the point of this thread

To point to a very different type of manipulation than those afraid of manipulation might expect.

Its not comfortable for me to just sit back and watch how people are being duped. I was compelled to share, to speak out.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Why try to trick them and help disinformation or misinformation by misleading them, even if you only did it jokingly.

Yes, its heartless. But it happens, you know. It happens.

A good example is that of musicians deliberately using occult symbols in order to appear mysterious to the public. Often its not like they are members of any secret society or anything, its just cynically used as a marketing-tool.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
Did you ever think that may be the reason they are so fearful of being manipulated? They are aware, at the very least on a subconscious level, that they are easily manipulated.

That is so. Thats why its best to rely on first-hand-experience rather than second-hand-information, as you point out.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
And...to top that off...

Once you've apologized for your "neigh says", they fall to lines of...

"He was forced to say he was only joking...that's how powerful 'said' group is!"

The part about the people that are most against being manipulated are the most gullible, is pure win.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've considered doing such, at one point even started putting together material for a hoax, but decided it would do nothing more than harm my reputation.

When I was much younger, I did make a thread on another forum with the intention of fooling members.
It actually had 'em going for a bit, luckily they didn't ban me. It took a long while for people to take me seriously again.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

The reason I quit even joking about it is because when you manipulate people you start becoming paranoid of being manipulated yourself because you are constantly thinking about how easy it is.

I guess thats why some people who work for the CIA are so paranoid themselves.

Suspecting others of manipulation and being a good manipulator oneself sometimes go hand in hand.... (?)

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
From that point on they might not believe stories

At the end of the day it lies in their responsibility what they see as true and what not. Even though manipulation happens its not a one-sided "Im a victim" thing.

Its my responsibility what I buy into. Ive bought into a lot of nonsense in my life simply because I was too lazy to research or think.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So, you admit to being a mason, at times heartless, and enjoy tricking people. If I believe this from your post why should I believe anything else... So basically you assasinate your own character hoping to discredit the paranoids, excellent work Sir.

And I am sure MTV, Beyonce and Jayz are just raking in the dough from thier conspiracy marketing campaigns, I tell myself everyday what this world really needs is for all these kids worrying about world politics, environmental and health issues to grow up, and start watching spongebob while finally adding all those unactivated gift certificates to thier ITunes account. No wonder consumer spending seems so low.

So since its safe to say, they aren't teaching you how to debate or general business practices like marketing in these lodge meetings. What exactly is it you gentlemen do talk about in this "Grand Lodge"? And exactly how many CIA agents should I have personal relationships with to make generalizations such as they're all paranoid? How many do you know? Sorry for all my paranoid questioning, it would be a real big help if you could answer with as little trickery as possible id hate to think I was being abducted by fire breathing, shape shifting fairys if I really wasn't.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumilityIsKey
So, you admit to being a mason, at times heartless, and enjoy tricking people. If I believe this from your post why should I believe anything else... So basically you assasinate your own character hoping to discredit the paranoids, excellent work Sir.

Have you ever played a prank on anyone? Just curious.

So since its safe to say, they aren't teaching you how to debate or general business practices like marketing in these lodge meetings. What exactly is it you gentlemen do talk about in this "Grand Lodge"?

Imagine a group of boy-scouts meeting, talking about their daily life and ocassionally about who to extend charity-funds to. Its sometimes so boring I am tempted to keep secret how boring it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No i just tell the truth from my perspectives, we do not need people like op, here, as we already have government clowns doing what you do.

People believe what they want, and i only believe people that are found to be trust worthy over time, like what william cooper became, he may not be right on everything, but he hits the nail more often than not, while he was alive.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
At the end of the day it lies in their responsibility what they see as true and what not. Even though manipulation happens its not a one-sided "Im a victim" thing.

Its my responsibility what I buy into. Ive bought into a lot of nonsense in my life simply because I was too lazy to research or think.

Very well said

Manipulation is an art that some have mastered-

but hey, "The Others" are not the Enemy, it all up to yourselves-

It's about choosing wisely, with a discerning mind and intuitive heart, how you want to bulid your reality.

Fear/paranoia is the first step to become the biggest client in the market of outrageous lies.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
Fear/paranoia is the first step to become the biggest client in the market of outrageous lies.

Nicely said. Thats precisely the conspiracy-theory I keep peddling around here. "Fear/Paranoia is a path to the dark side".

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
we do not need people like op, here

You sure you dont need people who point out the conspiracy to sell conspiracy-books?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join