It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To sucker paranoids

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Its a bit like a cult with its own slogans that are used as if they were universally known fact and not theory...

"Mr. Smith may be a philantrophist but that doesnt mean anything because he is Bilderberg and therefore an NWO puppet"

"What, he`s an NWO puppet? So he's probably into drug-running and human-slave-trade as well."

One month later.

"I read that Mr. Smith is into human-slave-trade, sex-trade, child abuse, etc."

"Wow, really? Well, thats what Government SCUM do.. I hate them!!!!"

Another month later.

Mr X. said in a youtube interview that Mr. Smith takes young girls to alien underground bases where they are experimented on and then eaten by Lizard-People. OMG! OMG!!!!! I am making this thread to see what others think about this.

Reply:

Ive heard about Mr. Smith being a drug-runner and human-slave-trader. I say down with him!!!! Anybody have this guys address?

This is how Mr. Smith, a nice, friendly, hard-working citizen and family man suddenly becomes the root of all evil.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Are you perhaps subtley implying.

No, I wasnt.

But this reminds me of something else extreme-paranoids do (not you!) which is to constantly imply that something "means" something other or that what is said has a deeper or secret meaning.

Oftentimes Im perplexed by this on ATS. I will innocently write something up without thinking much about it and suddenly be met by a storm of outrage and indignation and implications of a secret agenda of my post, etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This thread is patronizing and obnoxious so i figure something embarrassing or upsetting happened to the op that made him angry so he is lashing out here pretending to be jovial. Maybe he just got dumped or owned in public and humiliated so he is flexing his epeen to build his confidence.

I liken your activity to a person who makes ufo hoax videos for laughs its a very odd behavior and could warrant psychological analysis but you sounds a little sadistic so good luck with your future endeavors and i hope you find fulfillment something other than conning people

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Im not actually conning people but pointing out ways in which they are conned.

And if you think this thread is obnoxious how do you think some of us feel about all the lies being posted as "truth" in the CT-arena?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
But this reminds me of something else extreme-paranoids do (not you!)

I'm suspicious of your exclusion of me. I think it's to bring doubt on ATS as to the absolute absoluteness of my paranoia! Did the CIA put you up to this? Are you trying to harm my reputation?

Most could only wish anyone cared about them that much. Maybe some sort of parental neglect or subtle but protracted abuse plays a role?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Most could only wish anyone cared about them that much. Maybe some sort of parental neglect or subtle but protracted abuse plays a role?

The biggest and most horrifying !!!smoking gun disclosure!!! some conspiracy-theorists have yet to face is how their own shortcomings are psychologically projected out into the world in the form of hatred-of-authority, fear-of-authority, etc.

I personally know a conspiracy-theorist who is afraid to go to the dentist because he read that dentists implant mind-control devices. As a consequence his teeth are rotting.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I personally know a conspiracy-theorist who is afraid to go to the dentist because he read that dentists implant mind-control devices. As a consequence his teeth are rotting.

You sure we don't know the same guy? The one I knew that was like that was a psychologist.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Most people have a very hard time communicating vividly and lucidly and to say what they mean and mean what they say.

Sometimes this is an educational problem and sometimes this is a peer pressure problem as some people fear revealing too much of their inner thoughts, hopes and fears will result in people rejecting them and not validating what they have said.

Conversely it is said it takes one to know one and I think rational people posting to the thread have already concluded that Skyfloating as a Mason and some other Masons are suffering from paranoia that there is some vast conspiracy out to ahem ‘get them’.

Whether ‘notions’ of this ‘conspiracy’ against the Masons is simply something instilled in the Masons as a means to keep people in the ‘cult’ for ‘protection’ purposes or is a unique modality underpinning a singular psychosis that is prevalent amongst individuals likely to join cults is hard to determine without being a cultist myself.

I though see the Original Post for what it is…a cry for help from someone suffering from paranoid feelings that others are out to get them and a cult that they belong too.

In my humble opinion this calls for empathy and compassion and not denunciation or scorn as we all now have an opportunity to see this paranoia at work and to reassure them that there is no conspiracy to ‘get the Masons’.

This is our opportunity for those so suffering in the cult and crying out for help in this fashion to welcome them warmly with open arms back into mainstream society where they will never have to fear these things in irrational ways again.

Some of them have convinced themselves this conspiracy against them is real and might say things like “But I am not a lizard” just be patient and understanding and say I know, I know, how about we go to the park and relax on the rocks in the sun for a while and talk about it. Let them get it off their chest and show them you have the empathy to care.

We have seen the damage cults like Heavens Gates can do upon their members and their deadly consequences.

It’s important to understand that the first thing people in a cult will say is “It’s not a cult” once again just say I know, I know. The important thing is to not agitate them and worsen the psychosis.

In time we can help these people who think the “world is out to get them” won’t you give it a try?

Let’s stop picking on Sky for suffering paranoia and start reassuring him instead he need not live his life in fear!

Skyfloating, it will be alright, no one is out to get you!

[edit on 3/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I thought the OP was great and very funny.

And yes it does still go on.... all the time.
The CT market is probably one of the most lucrative.
There are always more gullible people to eat up the BS.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The 11-stars in a post that is nothing more than an ad-hominem attack does make one paranoid

But you are wrong about me being paranoid or defensive of Freemasons. Ive read many a anti-mason-bashfest without so much as flinching. I dont care what you say against masons, Im not here to defend them.

Im in this thread to protest. Protest what?

That a good and valid subject matter (conspiracy-theory) is put in a bad light by gullible hysterics who are fired up by con-artists.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't know about 'suckering' but I will say that we Freemasons have no need for "male enhancement products" if ya know what I mean.. wink.. wink..

Also every new member gets five bars of pure Latinum and a gallon of Romulan ale.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Also every new member gets...a gallon of Romulan ale.

Everytime I drink that stuff I have a serious compulsion to make out with green-skinned chicks.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Havent completely done it, but once I almost convinced a guy that he didnt actually exist

Sorry thought this post would be more than one line

[edit on 3/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Most people have a very hard time communicating vividly and lucidly and to say what they mean and mean what they say.

Sometimes this is an educational problem and sometimes this is a peer pressure problem as some people fear revealing too much of their inner thoughts, hopes and fears will result in people rejecting them and not validating what they have said.

You often say so much in vivacious vividness you're bound to hit it by pure luck.

The part of your post I quoted rings quite true for me. I find myself blocked from effective communication with appropriate affect by weird irrational concerns that don't seem unlike what is emboldened. It's a very dark part of my soul and exactly what they really are is kept slightly veiled from my immediate awareness. It will be expunged but it feels like catching a greased pig in the dark.

(Now everyone here is free to invalidate me because I showed vulnerability)

Anyway, I don't think history quite meshes with the idea that noone is out to get the Freemasons. There was even a political party in the United States called the Anti-Masonic Party.

The Anti-Masonic Party (also known as the Anti-Masonic Movement) was a 19th century minor political party in the United States. It strongly opposed Freemasonry and was founded as a single-issue party aspiring to become a major party.

Perhaps there now no party but it seems clear from ATS membership there is still a segment with the same sentiment. It certainly still seems significant enough to garner attention (are they just HistoryChannel whores?
).

I have heard about this outside Wikipedia and the article seems to contain the jist. Anyway, your friend Andrew Jackson that you are so fond of for (paraphasing) preserving the union with words seems to have been one of those "cultists".

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Havent completely done it, but once I almost convinced a guy that he didnt actually exist

Hmmm. I have someone right now trying to convince me I'm not conscious in the way where I perceive qualia. It's rather amusing to have someone trying to convince you that you don't experience yourself as you do, which is an absurd and patent contradiction.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The biggest and most horrifying !!!smoking gun disclosure!!! some conspiracy-theorists have yet to face is how their own shortcomings are psychologically projected out into the world in the form of hatred-of-authority, fear-of-authority, etc.

While the situation you mentioned is bizarre, surely you don't mean to say that all hatred and fear towards any authority is unjustified, correct? I think history has proven otherwise.

No society is entirely just. Agreed; however some societies become so corrupted over time, that the hatred and/or fear displayed can become founded in rationality. No?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
While the situation you mentioned is bizarre, surely you don't mean to say that all hatred and fear towards any authority is unjustified, correct? I think history has proven otherwise.

Hatred is a destructive emotion. Questioning/Suspicion of Authority is justified, certainly.

But a lot of people are not only questioning some authority sometimes but actively slandering all authority all the time. Can you see the problem inherent in that?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Sure can. They are the true paranoids. Paranoia implies, "I can trust no one". What you speak of would be a result of such a perspective.

I don't trust dentists to fill my teeth with mercury, but they can clean them all they want. I don't trust doctors to pill me up, but they can put an IV of sodium ascorbate in me if needed. I don't trust governments to be honest with me, but...hmm...no, nothing else to say there!

I think most people are inherently good, but the role they play may not be just. I think many people are just as fooled as the next, and unknowingly do wrong.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I can agree on most of your points but for the Charity we hand out as a voodoo technique to make the recipient weaker. Making the recipient weaker is the point of our Charity. www.inthesetimes.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
I can agree on most of your points but for the Charity we hand out as a voodoo technique to make the recipient weaker. Making the recipient weaker is the point of our Charity. www.inthesetimes.com...

I truly belief that giving people lunch for free weakens them. But I dont think that is the masonic intention when giving charity and much less the effect of anonymous charity.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Sure can. They are the true paranoids. Paranoia implies, "I can trust no one".

Its either that type of paranoia or the quirky, the sincerity-lacking type.

(Note: I love the good and real and valid and amazing conspiracy-theories)

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join