It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid (water?) flows on Mars Now!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I do not know if these images already are seen and commented here on ATS, however I finds them absolutely awesome and amazing and confirm that Liquid (water?) flows in this moment on the Martian surface.
You can see wet and dry tracks flows.
Does NASA know it already?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Can you link us to the originals please?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yes, NASA knows about it.
This was written in 2006:

NASA photographs have revealed bright new deposits seen in two gullies on Mars that suggest water carried sediment through them sometime during the past seven years.

"These observations give the strongest evidence to date that water still flows occasionally on the surface of Mars," said Michael Meyer, lead scientist for NASA's Mars Exploration Program, Washington.

Liquid water, as opposed to the water ice and water vapor known to exist at Mars, is considered necessary for life. The new findings heighten intrigue about the potential for microbial life on Mars. The Mars Orbiter Camera on NASA's Mars Global Surveyor provided the new evidence of the deposits in images taken in 2004 and 2005.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Awesome pictures. It definitely looks to be like underground springs. You can tell where the previous run-offs have compacted the surface's dust.

S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Could it be liquid hydrogen sulfide? If it evaporates that quickly, to leave dry marks, it has to be a chemical of sorts that isn't 100% water.

Imagine though. What is NASA hiding? A flow of sorts...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Ahh thanks Ziggy!

Very cool

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Imagir

Can you link us to the originals please?

The original link: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

But there is more and something "strange"...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
On the hem of the image I have found this strange mechanism….
What the hell is it? An hydraulic pump?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
fascinating , I can hardly control my excitement .

a distant barren rock has some water .

- note to self - DILLIGAF

...... and there could be some microbes !! ?

- YAWN to SELF -

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I don't think it's a mechanism, I think it is the outlet for the liquid (water).

It does however show that there seems to be running water under the surface of Mars, and I am wondering if it could have something to do with the supposed heating or warming that has been reported recently of all the solar bodies ?

I would say that i am about 30% convinced that we have already been there, and established a small colony or base with the aid of who knows who, problem is proving it, I have always had the conviction that I don't ever have to prove anything to anyone once my mind is convinced of something, I just consider myself lucky, and if people want to know or listen then I tell and offer my reasons.

Excellent pictures and thank you for posting them, I have never seen them as I would guess have many others, matters not how old they are, fact is they are here now, and I am very grateful.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, all this flow could be the Mars aliens' sewage outfall!

They gotta send their raw sewage somewhere...

All joking aside, it is still very interesting what was found. And how come we can't determine what it is yet. Well, not us, but NASA.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Fascinating, surely whether or not its pure h20 can be/has be tested spectrally?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
On the hem of the image I have found this strange mechanism….
What the hell is it? An hydraulic pump?

That would be natural rock formation, with legs.....and a huge eye. Nothing we haven't seen before. lol

Seriously though, that image is very interesting. it looks like a landing craft of some sort.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Think more like an entrance. Perhaps access to whatever produces the surface markings?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There is water on Mars, no doubt.

However, it is very difficult for the water to be "liquid" because of the atmospheric pressures and temperatures.

Here is a good article:
science.nasa.gov...

So, the big question is not whether water exists on Mars -- it does -- but rather is there liquid water despite the planet being so cold?

"I used the model to look for regions that meet the minimum requirements for liquid water -- above the triple point and below the boiling point," explained Haberle. "According to the model, the highest surface pressure, 12.4 millibars, occurs at the bottom of the Hellas Basin (a low-lying area created by an ancient asteroid strike). The problem is that the boiling temperature there is only +10 °C. It can't get very hot or the water will boil away."

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
star and flagged!
these are really nice images thank you OP

we always have suspected the existance of water, and we know NASA started to officially acknowledge them in the last few years but wow to get a visual like that is just mindblowing

we must be getting close to the big D

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the pics.

Whether it's liquid water or liquid something else it is nice to finally see something that shows evidence of movement other than just wind and sand.

This opens up the possibility of vast underground caves and caverns. If there are such locations there may be cave life protected from violent and extreme surface environment and conditions. Much the same way there are isolated and mutated cave life here on Earth.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This "strange" phenomenon is indeed enormous and seems that it is not only relegated to a narrow area of the planet.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
These things have been noticed in many Mars photos for some time, but they can analyse it because what we see on those photos is how things are after that something flowed on those places, as far as I know there isn't any photo of it happening (but I don't know if there would be a way of knowing that it was happening at the time).

I have noticed that on some photos it looks like those liquid flows come from the joining between the present day surface and what looks like a different ground layer, like if something was covered by the dust we see today.

I will try to find one of those photos.

PS: Imagir, use only the [img] tags, that way the image will have a scroll-bar and will not mess-up the page layout.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
very cool! I'm not sure about the pump - looks like a pipe or rock shadow - but the rest is great!

of course we all think life needs water or liquid. but that is our kind of life. so good news for us, maybe.

but maybe ho hum news for aliens. we have no idea if other species need light or liquid or have bodies etc.

I have to chuckle though... we could find a hotel on mars and NASA would still say... possible chance for microbes...

that's right. humans are the greatest and highest - all should cower at our awesomeness... burp.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join