It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering dreams lately, you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Good thread OP! It is funny you mention it because normally I do not remember my dreams but this past week or so I have remembered some rather vivid dreams. The dreams were nothing particular - but I regretfully did not write them down. Anyway, the point is that in the past week or so I have been waking up with a better recollection than normal. Not sure if there is anything to it.

I think it was last Sunday I woke up and my girlfriend started telling me about a dream she had. I then said to her that I also had some dreams that I could remember well to so I started telling her the one dream, and the next, and the next and it turned out I had about 5 dreams I had remembered.

Oh, and thanks to raiden12 for the helpful advice. It has been my intention to work on the astral side of things and your summary clears many of my questions up very nicely.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've never remembered so many dreams in my life. I now dream nightly and can remember them well the next day. Its crazy! and exciting. i'm having some fun weird dreams. I posted a few in this section and also on my youtube...

but ya,, a ALOT recently...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Further information

deoxy.org... - Excellent summary of the ego, what it is, why you have it and why you need to remove it.

The reason we want to eliminate the ego is because our pure consciousness is covered in layers like an onion (pure consciousness, ie look at a newborn baby, how conscious it is, already slowly accumulating ego after a few years) When we remove the ego were slowly peeling away this conditioning about how we should act in society, removing all the junk we built up over time and returning to a state of pure consciousness free from societies expectations.

Think about all the times you didn't want to do something but the peer pressure made you do it? Think about all the times when your in autopilot on your way to work, at work, from work - do you really feel highly conscious during these times? Feel a bit conditioned based on societies expectations? Constantly saying over and over in your head "i hate work, i hate school, i'm angry at Steve for stealing my pen" and living in that state for the day?

Being conscious is much better, peaceful and intelligent - able to handle all and any situations. Removing ego, becoming more conscious means were moving farther away from any states that would have brought us down, and now were experiencing much higher states were previously prohibited by the ego mind. All of this makes Astral Projection much easier, as your free from distractions of the mind (more conscious), can concentrate without getting distracted on one task for a long time, can visualize better all of which are the pre-requisites for successful astral projection.

Best information i could find on the removal of ego was gnosticism, i think the gnostics knew what they were talking about when it came to internal observation and ego removal.

www.gnosticweb.com

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yeah I'm thinking the same. The more I meditate the more vivid they become.
I also do a lot of visualization, maybe the pineal gland is stimulated by this?
And then causes more vivid dreams?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Thanx for the website. Right before I read your post I was thinking of recording my dreams hehe

So I will definitely do that.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So what seems to be the deal here:

More and more people are having lucid and really vivid dreams in the particular time period.

That IS interesting. What could be the reason?..Are we 'forced' into a higher state of awareness? To think beyond the box, influenced by all the events lately.

Apart from the integrity of the events happing lately, true or false, cruel or amazing, they have an effect on us. And I'm not talking about the events on ATS, but events all over the world. Disasters, political, spiritual and so on. Maybe there is a lot happening in the last time period that makes us 'think'.

peace

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye

I'm remembering a lot of really lucid and vivid dreams lately.
Any one else?

No, not lately - not more than normally.

Second line.

-v

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

So what seems to be the deal here:

More and more people are having lucid and really vivid dreams in the particular time period.

That IS interesting. What could be the reason?..Are we 'forced' into a higher state of awareness?

Well, according to J. Krishnamurti and various other people, seeing lot of dreams means just opposite. And I have noticed it personally too.

When I am being conscious and alert throughout the day I sleep better and see fewer of nonsense dreams than when my days goes by being not so vigilant.

When we dream, our brains organize daily events on it's preferred order. And when we go about our daily business without consciously paying attention to them, we tend to see more dreams. That is because if we are alert and vigilant during the day, these things are already organized, hence reducing the need for dreaming.

Just another opinion - everyone else is free to believe what they want.

-v

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Interesting stuff about J.Krishnamurti.
And an interesting perspective you have. I think everyone has his own opinion on whats real and not, and what to believe.

The point was, did you have more dreams lately?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

The point was, did you have more dreams lately?

Already answered that one, few posts above.

Originally posted by v01i0

I'm remembering a lot of really lucid and vivid dreams lately.
Any one else?

No, not lately - not more than normally.

Second line.

-v

Yeah, each one to his own.

Take care,

-v

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes, but this is the norm for me anyway. They have felt "longer," but that's highly subjective when in a dream state.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I can remember mine, only because I keep having the same, EXACT ones over and over and over and...

Thing is- 99.999% of them are me doing mundane tasks! In a supermarket I am completely unfamiliar with, but it's there- complete with mall and amusement area attached. a certain set of buildings in some city. My ex g/f (*that's* gotten to the point where it's less 'dream', and more 'Twilight Zone'- It's like she's HERE, minus the physical presence). Various other stores/ places of business/ ect.

Occasionally, I have nice, random dreams that are perfectly typical- but the majority of them are these same few dreams- vivid, exact.....

yes, I know. I am probably nuttier than a fruitcake factory.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I lost my mother last christmas & have had a few weird dreams about her that i keep trying to put together & see what they mean,i never normally remember dreams but these i remember vividly

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I haven't been remembering much of my dreams but I do remember the one I had last night. In the dream, I somehow managed to overdraw my bank account by about $17. Next thing I know Lex Luthor is giving me 100 million dollars for some unknown reason and then suddenly I'm driving over a bridge that goes over the ocean and out of nowhere my car takes control of itself and drives straight off the edge. I woke up right before I hit the water.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes... for the past week I've been remembering my dreams for two or three days in a row. Usually I only remember them once every few weeks or months. The first was one of those weird dreams worthy of writing down, but the other two were just every day dreams. Dreaming about meeting with old friends I haven't seen in years, that kind of thing. The first dream, vivid enough to remember enough to write down, was about me and a friend going through a tunnel of red drapes in a mall leading to a different place where we were treated like nobility before we had to escape through the drapes again once we were found out. It was odd.
I've started meditating in the past couple of weeks.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

Thats hard. I hope you can find what you are looking for

Good luck!

S

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You only recall dreams if you wake up rapidly out of REM stage sleep. Dreams are forgotten if you proceed into any other stage of sleep after a REM period then have an arousal. If you are recalling dreams more frequently then normal then that can be a sign of the onset of a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea.

Originally posted by unityemissions
Everyone should remember their dreams. If you don't it's indicative of nutrient deficiencies. Usually zinc, and/or b6. It's common in pyrolurics and autistics.

It has nothing to do with nutrients, it has to do with what stage of sleep you wake from.

Originally posted by DocEmrick
It's probably the meditation that is leading to more lucid dreams, which in turn is leading to you remembering the dreams.

It has nothing to do with meditation.

Our instinctive drive to breath decreases during sleep, and breathing patterns change during the different phases of sleep. During deeper, non-REM sleep (when we are not dreaming), breathing is regular but more shallow. There is marked relaxation of the muscles in the upper airway region. This relaxation and subsequent narrowing of the upper airway causes increased resistance to airflow as the tissues fall together into a more relaxed postion. When we dream, the the muscles of the upper airway relax even more. Breathing becomes more erratic with regard to rate and depth. There are frequent pauses.
If this natural state of sort of borderline ventilation is disturbed by any additional obstruction, significant respiratory impairment can result. Oxygen (O2) levels fall and carbon dioxide (CO2) levels rise in the lungs and bloodstream as a natural result of reduced air movement into and out of the lungs.
At a minimum, sleep apnea interferes with the ability to get a good night's sleep by disturbing REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement - dream sleep).

Previous research has shown that external stimuli were often incorporated into the dream to some extend. The aim of the present study was to investigate whether the internal stimulus sleep apnea is also incorporated into dreams. Findings showed, however, that direct incorporation occurs very seldom. On the other hand, arousals accompanying sleep apneas seem to interfere with dream formation since a marked reduction of dream bizarreness is related to high RDI (respiratory disturbance index). Additionally, small indirect effects on dream content by day-time stressors such as cognitive deficits and sleepiness are suggested by the data. A heightened dream recall frequency in patients with sleep apnea was found.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh man... where do I even start?

Rather than write a novel here about the last few days, I'll give the highlights...

- I rarely remember my dreams, but have had stuff come true before, and this is known to happen in my family.

- I race cars as a hobby, and I had a vivid dream a few nights ago where there was a massive wreck where I pretty much died and my best friend was clearly there too, but it was like we weren't in our regular cars. Kind of like I was seeing it through someone else's eyes.

- I saw it more than once in the dream, it woke me up suddenly at 5am, and the feeling I got was on the same level as one other disturbing dream that did come true (also involving this same friend, actually)

- I saw a specific sequence of turns where this happened, and I can't stop thinking about that for some reason, but I don't know what track it is.

- The wreck I saw was so massive and ridiculous that I pretty much just brushed it off, but I did make a joke about it when hanging out with friends a day or two later. Afterward, that same friend came up to me privately and tells me that he had the same dream... there was a massive wreck, someone died, it kept repeating, and he woke up suddenly at 5am.

- He dreamed that it wasn't at the next track we were racing at, but rather another one further south, and that the track manager there was very embarrassed. And as it turned out the next day, the next event actually got changed to be at that same track that he dreamed of.

- This all made me take my own dream more seriously, and then I realized that ever since I had that dream, there had been a ridiculous amount of weird things happening to light around me. It goes way beyond the street light interference stuff, and was happening quite often. At the very instant that I put 2 and 2 together and realized this, it happened again right in front of me. I normally don't put much into this kind of stuff, but in the past, there has been a strong correlation between that stuff and either dark things and/or some sort of a warning for me.

- Neither of us is racing at this next event, primarily for normal reasons (ie not the dreams), so we'll see what happens. If we did see the future, we may have already changed it without even realizing it. I can't stop thinking about the sequence of turns I saw though... it's not really this track, but there is a strong resemblance if going backwards. It may also resemble another track that's being built upon the same site.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ive Been having Dreams of war. I always have the same tattoo on my shoulder and Im fighting in some war torn city which I think is in Mexico. Wierd stuff...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 2-11-2009 by searching4truth]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join