It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering dreams lately, you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi All,

Just a quick snapper here.
I'm remembering a lot of really lucid and vivid dreams lately.
Any one else?

Not really a specific kind of dream, most are just random 'dreams'.

I have been meditating a lot lately, could that have anything to do with it??

Hope someone can enlighten me with their experiences or thoughts

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes!

Many times I will wake up and think about the dream for ahile and what it could mean. (Often I find there is direction, solution, or confirmation in these dreams.)

When I wake up and go over the details of the dream, I am sure that I will remember it. I go back to sleep. When I wake up again, I don't remember the dream at all. I really need to write these things down. I do regret that I have not kept a journal.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I had it few months ago. Would wake up totally tired of them. A lot of strange symbolism and messaging. Lately things have calmed down. But I have these periods...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Everyone should remember their dreams. If you don't it's indicative of nutrient deficiencies. Usually zinc, and/or b6. It's common in pyrolurics and autistics.

Having vivid dreams is different. They usually seem to have meaning. At least for me. It's not like a regular dream where you just have seemingly random things going on. When I have vivid dreams, there is a point to it. Something needs be done, and learned.

I personally haven't had vivid dreams lately. I've noticed the more I meditate, the more vivid dreams I have. Maybe I need to take some time and meditate more.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's probably the meditation that is leading to more lucid dreams, which in turn is leading to you remembering the dreams. Have you been recording your dreams in any form of writing (physical notepad/typing)? Usually recording your dreams, will help you in a number of ways such as interpretation, long-term dream memory, and being able to realize when you are dreaming, sometimes turning into astral projection. It might be a good idea to start recording your dreams, this is a technique I use to assist with meditation and astral projection. More tips/interpretations are available at www.dreammoods.com. It's a pretty decent website, but remember...sometimes a "cigar" is JUST a cigar.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I usually have the most remembering dreams when I wake up during the night and get back to sleep (body wake mind awake -> body asleep mind awake).

Here's another post I made @ another thread, mb someone can give me an answer...:

Last night, @ around 2.00 I went to bed, and relaxed for a couple of minutes but eventually felt asleep as I was a bit tired.
Then suddenly while dreaming I, don't really know how, got conscious and was aware I was dreaming and that made me wake up right away. Or shall I say, my mind woke up but my body was still sleeping. I couldn't move, it was too heavy (sleep paralysis?), but I felt my body was vibrating really hard and really strong. It almost felt like I was trying to fly or something... my heart started pumping really really fast and strong and I instantly got a sensation of fear, and after like 5-6 seconds my body woke up and I raised my head...I looked at the clock and it was 2.36. anyway at that time I could remember my dream, but I didn't write it down and now I can't remember it at all except the last part before becoming conscious, which was where I was in a hall with 3 people (I think it was 3 ppl, can't really remember except that I'm sure I wasn't alone) and there were 2 rooms one down one up and I went to the up one with 1 person. As soon as I entered in that room there was a big button there with the numbers above it 7 10 2 (I think it was these numbers - again I can't remember 100%..)
and I got conscious when I tried to press the button (again - don't know the reason).

Can anyone explain me what the hell was this?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I had a dream of a horrible car crash in front of a local walmart, killing the 2 people sitting in front of the car. It was really vivid.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

There's one experience I'd like to share and never will forget and it's being burned alive, in a dream... I felt the pain in that dream and can remember waking up all scared and not believing I was still alive and touching my skin and stuff. It feels good to share this too because I'm too ashamed to tell it in real life, lol
But till this day I can still remember the pain...

Staafke

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In 2005 I had an all nighter once and when I went to sleep I had a vivd dream.

For 4 weeks I'd have a dream without fail. These days I still have a lot of vivid dreams that I'm able to remember. I don't get them daily, but I get them pretty often, and can remember around 80% of them all.

I'm not wasting my time going into anymore detail.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

I, too, am in a period where my dreams are unremembered. For me, this has usually preceeded a SHTF situation, on a personal level for me. Now that you have stirred my thoughts on this, there is an upcoming event in my family that will result, most likely, in some unecessary drama and turmoil. Oh, well. A phrase from Slaughter House Five comes to mind: "So it goes."

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In fact I have had some of the most vivid dreams I can remember. I had a

dream so real I could even feel the bone chilling cold. ^Y^

[edit on 31-10-2009 by amari]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah I have! Seriously I have noticed a trend in the past month or so that most of my dreams I remember; and in most of them I am lucid for a portion of the dream! I have a dream journal which I have used regularly for a few years, so I can keep track of patterns and such. So yeah, this is happening to me too recently!

If this is collective, what would we attribute it towards?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Actually, I thought I'd pop in again and share one interesting dream of mine.

It started as a normal, scripted dream. I was walking past people, I heard the sounds and stuff much like one hears a voice as they read something in their head.

Then out of nowhere, I somehow manage to "physically" becoming concious in that dream. I was as if I actually was in that location. The sound around me was coming through my ears, and I was even "physically" moving in this location. I felt energy loss as I moved, though, so it made it pretty stubborn.

Everything about it actually was physical instead of appearing to be realistic.

I opened up a door, and then I found myself at this hall with a disco ball and creepy music. That's when I somehow thought about the many posters here that talk about "demons during sleep paralysis" and then I scared myself out of it.

I wouldn't call it a lucid dream, but I wouldn't know what else to call it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I actually am quite the opposite. The past few weeks, I have not been able to remember any of my dreams, during naps or otherwise. I used to have the most vivid dreams and would be able to remember them.

Not lately though. I am not the stressed out type either. I am very lasser-faire aboot life. So I know its not stress or nervousness.

I didnt give it any thought until reading this thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I understand what you are saying and your confusion.

Lucid dreams mean we realize (within the dream) we are sleeping in a physical bed while we dreaming in a non-material world.

I often have dreams where I understand my physical identity, retain some of my physical knowledge, yet still not realize I am dreaming.

It sounds to me like you were lucid, but only to a degree. Only to the extent that you had some knowledge of your physical world, and that it was from the physical world, but not that you were the creator of the dream world.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Hey man that is interesting too! And on topic..

Maybe the people that normally remember and or have lucid dreams, have been struggling this month!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I also remember the one time that this happened, there was a scripted dream where I was walking down some road, and then I just all of a sudden manipulated it, turned around and somehow managed to make myself change the direction in which I was walking. It felt like I was walking against a very strong wind. I had a daring grin on my face and then just ended up in "sleep paralysis", where I just felt the massive vibrational sensations and had that extreme wind sound.

Nothing more awkward then waking up smiling.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Remember this,

Your dream lucidity is directly related to how conscious you are during the day, if you spend most of your day listening to your own thoughts and in your own little world then you will do the same at night, you will be barely conscious and won't remember your dreams.

If you make a conscious effort to stay alert, aware and not daydream or go lost in your own thoughts during the day you will do the same at night.

Remember, when u go to sleep ur shifting ur point of focus to another dimension where thoughts become reality, so if your thoughts are scattered during the day what do you think will happen when you enter a dimension of thought?

Remember your not going to sleep at night, your just shutting down your physical body and shifting your conscious focus to another dimension other than this 3d realm. Sentient multidimensional beings don't "shut down" for a period of 8 - 10 hours of a 24 hr calendar - you've just been tricked to think you do.

Think about it, what do you do when you sleep? Relax your body so there's no tension and no focus on the body, then you shift all your focus on your own thoughts, are they random? Do you just think about a few thing's and before you know it your off on a tangent with those thoughts and your body has now shut down and your sleeping? Are your dreams random? Funny that... Of course, astral projection is simply the conscious effort to stay alert and aware when your body shuts down and your astral body takes over or your "energetic body" because thats all the universe is..energy - you can witness the sleep process if your skilled enough not to get lost in your own thoughts - and if your really conscious, you can exist in the 4d manifesting your thoughts.

Simple really

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know 75-80% of the time I can vividly recall my dreams.
I woke up today and could remember almost all of my dream. (At least the major details.)

Dreams are amazing. They really show your hopes, dreams, ideas, fears, ect.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just adding to this

If you try and think of nothing at all, it's extremely difficult, your mind always wants to take over and try to control your thoughts - and this leads to emotions based on those thoughts etc

The best way to be is thoughtless, aware and alert - this is why you have people dedicating their lives to this pursuit, it's not so they can get a nice view from the Himalayas, they are aware that they are multidimensional beings and that who they are is not the physical body or the mind within this body trying to control them.

True peace and happiness reside in the conscious state free from from lower states brought on by the mind, the comforts of the mind are not true peace - you can play a video game and feel content or go on a holiday with your friends and feel happy, but this happiness is hollow and isn't true "peace"

You have to meditate to take back control from the mind (ego), which ultimately takes you closer to who you really are.

Don't confuse being "thoughtless" with not being intelligent, you will find that when you take control of the mind your still who you are, intelligent - your just free from the distractions of your own mind and the lower emotional states it can bring. It's much better to be alert, aware, and not in a lower emotion of lost in thought in the mind, it won't do anything for you.

If you enter a discussion with anger/fear/hatred - any of these emotions, your going to steer the discussion down that track, why not enter it with intelligence, free from lower emotions where you can logically debate without emotional interruption?

Contemplating and observing yourself is very important, and goes a long way to breaking down the conditioning that you built up over the course of a lifetime, if your not observing yourself as well as everything around you you aren't able to compare yourself against this illusory environment.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by raiden12]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join