It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by former_ussr

thanks for the info i figured it was not as bad as seemed but will still look for media coverage on the situation

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Asen: any info on the lebanese who left ur hostel? how are you holding up? any more news from the ground on your end?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
All the measures they are taking over in Urkarine seem a little drastic for the swine flu which is supposedly mild.
I really hope that it is not as bad as it seems. The nature of the diesease seems very alarming; bloody lungs etc!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Asen: any info on the lebanese who left ur hostel? how are you holding up? any more news from the ground on your end?

Nothing on that, just that they are in hospital, I confirmed this through multiple students.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is no pneumonic plague!

Its the swine flu, the exact same virus that's been going around teh globe and the exact same set of symptoms (including the horrible respiratory ones). The rapid deaths associated with cytokine storms die from bleeding in the lungs. Longer term patients often develop secondary pneumonia.

Conditions in the Ukraine are such that the viral load is high, (the virus is able to live outside a host for a lot longer than usual) which is why they are using the aeroclave pandemic response of spraying an airborne disinfectant (kind of like spraying lysol everywhere). They are trying to keep the high viral load from spreading out into the region.

This is exactly why the nations who are coming into flu season are declaring emergencies, they see the same conditions coming which will increase the viral load and thereby increase the number of deaths.

The only thing you can do is to protect yourself by isolation and protection. Those of you living in the rest of Europe and the US should take this as the last warning to get prepared.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

are you feeling illl at all? If you had this virus symptoms would have shown up by now. I know for most flus or infections it is 1-4 days right? I think you said you are med student? I am sure you know a lot more about that than me.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is a fairly decent summary of the situation in English.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Remember the political side.

And this simple fact:
Like Former USSR said, you just can't understand Ukraine if you're not Ukranian.

I know that with Russia.. You do feel like an alien in Russia if you're not Russian, ..it's just impossible to explain with words, you have to experience it and still it leaves you to wonder what it is all about.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Have they confirmed that it is h1n1? I thought they had ruled that out.
You can really have melting or bloody lungs from the swine flu complications? That really freaks me out. That could happen anywhere in the world if that is the case.
If this is the orginal swine flu and not a mutation or something else then why are they closing the borders when the swine flu is pretty much everywhere. Why are neighboring countries shutting their borders to Urkarne?
Is this really the same that we are dealing with globally. So when winter comes and it gets colder this will happen more often?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Morning

Good link, thank you!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

About this melting lungs and other plaque like symptoms, is there really any proof about it? I haven't seen any so far, just speculations and rumors. Sorry if I have missed some link about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have another theory about this.
Urkraine must have suddenly been hit hard by this flu like illness and much like when it first showed up in Mexico there is a lot of panic and confusion?
Once they sort things out maybe we will see it is milder than first believed?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Exactly ecoparity, and even if this turns out to be a genetic-attacking virus targeting a localised group that say origionated from the Carpathian Mountains (where I suspect much of Ukraines population came from before the Industry came), then whats the harm.

Common Flu is already taking hold and personally I'd rather be healthy and keeping up to date with the news by keeping myself indoors the next month or two, than bedridden and not having a clue as to what I might have or how many people around me are infected.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hey matey, have you noticed that's what I have been trying to say all the time
?

But still, it's serious, it's because the weather has changed to colder now and it makes it easier for the viruses to spread.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by asen_y2k

are you feeling illl at all? If you had this virus symptoms would have shown up by now. I know for most flus or infections it is 1-4 days right? I think you said you are med student? I am sure you know a lot more about that than me.

Nope no symptoms till now. Meds(Tamiflu+Vitamins+Paracetamol etc) from Poland are suppose to arrive tomorrow, thanks to a very dear friend of mine.

Different flus have different time frames for symptoms to start. Let me keep my fingers crossed and hope i don't get it, because we do have to venture out sometimes to get water and miscellaneous stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Eco I believe your sources have lead you a stray this time............Your not going to be able to explain the bleeding from the ears if its H1N1.....no side effect are going to cause that with so many.......To many reports of this type of bleeding has occurred.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Where exactly are these reports of yours?

Care to share them really? I haven't seen any reliable ones yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva

Hey matey, have you noticed that's what I have been trying to say all the time
?

But still, it's serious, it's because the weather has changed to colder now and it makes it easier for the viruses to spread.

That would be nice if that is all it is. I am not saying that it is still not bad news but if it is just the orginal swine flu just overhyped that would be good. I have very prophetic disturbing nightmares that often make me lean towards believing the worst case scenerios first plus I am a writer and I often think of all the different scenes that can unfold.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Eco I believe your sources have lead you a stray this time............Your not going to be able to explain the bleeding from the ears if its H1N1.....no side effect are going to cause that with so many.......To many reports of this type of bleeding has occurred.

your right no flu had bleeding from the ears. Where did you get that info from? Is this a first hand account,heresay or on a web site?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This thread is full of people just popping up and making very strange stuff up, like melted lungs and such. Yet there's nothing to back it up, expect their words that I have seen. In the meantime, news we are getting from local newspapers, forums and reports from Former_USSR are showing us that it is most likely H1N1 / seasonal flu.

I stand corrected though if anyone shows me wrong.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join