It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
DP

[edit on 1/11/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Was about to post the german wikipedia articles about swine plague (classic and african), as i didn´t find english ones:
here they are
Optimus Prime was faster

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok,

Now some official information about the statistics, people registered who has Influenza / ARI can be found here:

translate.google.com...

It's Ukraine's health ministry's web page.

Google translation there, maybe someone who speaks Ukraine can give us better picture if something is wrong with the translation.

Also, more information about Finnish Foreign ministry's / Embassy from Kiev here: www.finland.org.ua...

Google translator helps there as well, but basically saying there is influenza epidemy and it's classified as pandemic country at the moment. 9 areas which are in quarantine and where it has spread the most.

That's the most reliable official information I can count on since I don't know about those Ukraine's news agencys which we are getting some sort of information.

This is what I have to back up. Other's are just sources which I can't.

link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
"The African swine plague, a fatal disease for pigs, but which cannot be transmitted to humans..."

...60 dead humans later...

link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by asen_y2k

Wow. I remember that the only refuge that was safe was an old church people would hide there. Now keep in mind this was just a dream but I feel I must come forth with what I remember because it may or may not help. I will try to recall more from the dream.
I can't really remember much else. Please be careful; and use reliable information that you believe will help you.
Every time I read your posts it is like I am seeing through your eyes breifly. You are a very brave soul. If you do leave make sure you take food, water and emergency supplies with you.

Please try to remember as much as you can...i believe in such things. Any information you can recall can be very helpful.

I remember that the soliders and police were too be avioded. Some sort of storm was going on that time. It was very cold. I would hide in empty churches to aviod detection. It was night time and dark.
This is not what it appears to be; it is something else. These soldiers were going door to door. Most buildings and churches were closed so they were not checking them.
Some people were taken to quarintine areas while others hid or fleed.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Hold on my friend. I'm just pointing out that the translation given did not reflect the content. In fact the whole thing appears to be a translation of another article altogether. As such I'm just denying misinformation/ignorance.

Plus we've already had other reports of the opening of an animal graveyard as the source, not to mention various other nefarious possibilities.

There's no point jumping on a bandwagon, especially if it's a mistranslated article. No-one is denying people have died, so please don't be too quick to condemn.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Originally posted by ahemot

Police units in Kyiv authorized to go house-by-house and implement mandatory vaccination programme.

UPDATE: Ukrainian President Yushchenko authorizes mandatory vaccination programme.
www.president.gov.ua...
rus.4post.com.ua...Виктор-Ющенко.html#148070

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ahemot]

There you go.

Its also freezing here at this point of time. And ofcourse quarantines etc. Also talks of Marshall law...someone posted links here...long thread can't remember where it was...Fits pretty well i think...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
so, why is this thread not on the front page of ATS?

I mean, this is the biggest thread I can ever remember seeing on ATS, or contributing to. Shouldn't this be on the front page?

Or maybe....is ATS afraid of being "blacked out" if it gets too popular and noticed by the government?

link   
So 95% of the 191,431 cases are ARI (not flu...)

4% of the total number of people infected have been hospitalized (or 7,524 people).

So, if only 5% of these people have the flu, then what exactly is this unidentified ARI I wonder?

It seems to me that is alot of people being hospitalized, isn't it?

(Data from the Ministry of Health, I linked to it a few posts ago...)

link   

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

This isn't the swine flu according to some web sites. The opening of an animal graveyard could cause illness I could imagine. The reason why we are so confused is most information is incorrect.
This is something other than the orginal swine flu yet it is something to be worried about.
My theory is the Urakarine government may know what they are dealing with and it is bad. They don't want t o scare people because they want to get it under control and once it is under control they will tell people what happened?
Is that plausible?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

I mean, this is the biggest thread I can ever remember seeing on ATS, or contributing to. Shouldn't this be on the front page?

Or maybe....is ATS afraid of being "blacked out" if it gets too popular and noticed by the government?

If you haven't starred and flag it yet please do that will help.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vexatious Vex

The word you are looking for is confusing.

Breaking them down into these categories is even worse, thousands of people infected by numerous diseases.

Also

Number of swine flu cases in Belarus rises to 59

MINSK, November 1 (RIA Novosti) - The number of people infected with A/H1N1 virus in Belarus has risen to 59, the Health Ministry said on Sunday.

"Laboratory tests have confirmed that 59 people have been infected with A/H1N1," ministry spokeswoman Olga Shulpina said, adding that the ex-Soviet republic was not hit by a swine flu epidemic so far.

Russian Media

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Good question.

Perhaps there is a good reason. Would a member of staff like to explain?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

no the yellowstone thread has this beat 5x over lol

link   

Originally posted by Vexatious Vex
So 95% of the 191,431 cases are ARI (not flu...)

4% of the total number of people infected have been hospitalized (or 7,524 people).

So, if only 5% of these people have the flu, then what exactly is this unidentified ARI I wonder?

It seems to me that is alot of people being hospitalized, isn't it?

(Data from the Ministry of Health, I linked to it a few posts ago...)

ARI just means Acute Respiratory Infection. Sometimes they use that to cover anything that they don't know what it is...

You can use ARI for a respiratory influenza, a respiratory bacterial bronchitis....anything that is acute and respiratory, you can call an ARI. You could even call a cold an ARI.

So, they probably started a 3rd column to lump everything in as ARI until they have more information back from the lab.

link   
Can someone here summarise the facts without the rumours? I'm not being lazy - I just can't make any sense of the thread at all with over 50 pages of stuff to sift through.

And sorry if this sounds stupid - but what is MSM?

And has anyone found this story on any news sites at all? If not, why not?!?

Thanks,

John.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vexatious Vex

I think they just can't confirm those cases yet. Can't do diagnose and are overrun at the moment. At least I'm not convinced yet, it needs more facts. Also, bear in mind winter just came, normal flu cases -> people panicking and are being hospitalized because symptoms remind them from H1N1.

I'm hoping they would publish information about deceased so we could end this speculation about that as well, of course people are claiming then that they are just making it up but damn.. I trust that information "a bit" more than just rumors without nothing to back it up.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

pretty sure ATS is already on the Gov blacklist

[edit on 1-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Seems plausible/reasonable. But the first question has to be: why weren't all international connections closed IMMEDIATELY?

As to the potential source, I read that the interim outbreaks of the pneumonic plague in China tend to be caused by people skinning marmots while preparing them for food. The explanation involving the opening of an animal graveyard therefore sounds logical. (However at this stage their is no way of knowing whether this explanation is simply a ruse.)

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join