It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Start Radiating Monkeys

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa

Do you know how many death row inmates are found not guilty every year? So youd run the risk of sending an innocent man to his death because he didnt have johnny cockran as a lawyer....

Perhaps you missed my earlier recommendations to test on a child molester I PERSONALLY KNOW who is on death row for crimes in which he was literally caught with his pants down.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
Do you know how many death row inmates are found not guilty every year?

And these monkeys are guilty of what? Poo flinging?

I'll take the percentages on death row inmates vice this innocent contingent of monkeys any day.

My two nanners.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

And these monkeys are guilty of what? Poo flinging?

Good point, MM. I hadn't though of it that way, but the monkeys are apparently guilty by default just for being monkeys.

I mean, if we have to make sure the death-rowers are actually guilty, but we will use a monkey without even thinking twice, they are clearly LESS valuable to some people than death row inmates.

Wow. Way to put that in perspective.

S for making me delve into that in a way I hadn't before!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

I find the bunny thing more disturbing then the monkeys. Radiation can be treated. How long ago are we talking about? Much has changed and improved since then. How did they justify not doping these animals? Do they have to practise putting in the rods? Yes. but to not dope them is the sad part.

I am against animal testing but medical testing is an evil necessity.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This was fairly recent. He was in med school 2002-2008. I knew about the bunnies in 2003/2004. Yeah, I'd like to say it was in the mid 80s or something, but no such luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I agree with the death row type deal. It seems many of us would rather pick them over the monkeys.

I am not going to get into a debate whether or not it is ethical to farm/test animals because I have my own beliefs that it IS okay (and clearly you see differently), but in reality - are we going to pick and choose death row inmates for testing? Who gets picked? Is it volunteer? How many will go crazy and try to fight every second of the way? Is THAT ethical?

They are choosing monkeys because (IMO) they are like us, and will not pose a threat.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I agree with the death row type deal. It seems many of us would rather pick them over the monkeys.

I am not going to get into a debate whether or not it is ethical to farm/test animals because I have my own beliefs that it IS okay (and clearly you see differently), but in reality - are we going to pick and choose death row inmates for testing? Who gets picked? Is it volunteer? How many will go crazy and try to fight every second of the way? Is THAT ethical?

Actually I'm not actually against farming - I'm just against our industrial farms and slaughterhouses. When they can guarantee that the animals we eat lived free and happy on a farm and experienced no suffering during the slaughter, I will join you for a meaty meal. Until then, I have to stand on my principles.

And the testing is only because I did it myself for years. Doing it yourself forever changes you. After I left the lab, I rescued all sorts of hamsters, guinea pigs, and bunnies because of my overhwleming guilt. Its not an easy job. When I see videos of researchers strangling and mistreating monkeys it shocks me. I fell in love with all of my animals. I cried when it was their "turn".

As for the inmates, that's a toughy. There may actually be a *few* volunteers who know that they may get a little "fame" out of dying with dignity for science. But for the most part, I'd just take the one next in line for the chair. I'd treat it like the usual stay of execution. If the phone doesn't ring, they're next in line. It can't be any crueler than the electric chair. Especially if they get sent into space or something. That would be an awesome death - some people wait their entire lives for that.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Personal experiences can change our we think dramatically, and such experiences have not happened to me which is why I feel we will stay at a disagreement on the topic as a whole...

Do I think the treatments or "nice"? Nope.
Do I think the treatments can be done in a better way? Yup.
Do I think is it worth the effort on a personal level? No.

And the last answer, our own emotion, is what effects our decision. You have had a life changing event and I have not, so that makes me sorry that I do not feel your way and hope you understand where I and many others come from.

Actually living through something definitely trumps theorizing it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
NASA has peed away billions of taxpayer dollars for the last five decades.
I find it interesting that the members here think abusing animals is funny. Or various convicted criminals.
I am surprised no one offered up a mother in law.
This is sad as I see no understanding of NASA here,
Just mirth mostly.
NASA has sent satellites with the most sophisticated equipment know to man clear out of the solar system.
Testing and measuring everything in the reach of their rockets.
They just "f"ed up bombing the moon with all their data collecting CRAP. What did they find?
They have and have had robots collecting data in space for decades.
They contend that their studies show that there is nothing in outer space that ain't right here on planet earth.

Are they so dumbed down that they can't measure space radiation and then JUST know how much would kill a person?
WTF are monkeys going to colonize space for us?
Can't they radiate the a hole that was willing to sell the data to Israel?
So what has been going on for forty plus years with these meatheads?
I wish Reagan and Bozo were still alive. Jean Goodall too!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It would serve NASA right if they ended up with a "radioactive mutate monkey" that turned on them.
I can seen the head lines now.

King Kong levels NASA

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So this is NASA demonstrating 'The Right Stuff' - torturing animals (again). And why... because they won't use electro-magnetic shielding of their inept space ships.

Well, that's... 'One small step for NASA, and one giant leap BACKWARD for mankind'!

[edit on 11/12/2009 by Larryman]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join