It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Start Radiating Monkeys

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broonie
Just ridiculous! I don't see why the monkeys have to suffer! They say they won't be killed, they will probably be better off dead. As the OP said, why not put death row inmates in a giant microwave and blast them with radiation, leave the monkeys out of it!

Why don't we put you in the giant microwave, in all seriousness. If a death row inmate is up to snuff, surely you'd be as well. Its sort of like the rule, when an adult asks for a volunteer and you say "Johnny wants to!", you get selected. I thought people would have learned that by now. So we have plenty of volunteers in this thread by the look of it, fantastic!

Humans > animals. Deal with it.

Without animal testing, there'd be no insulin. Is that enough of for you? Without insulin, there'd be no Nick Jonas. Is that enough for you? Probably is, since PETA members place cuteness high on the list of overall worth.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I also like how some of you agreed with that Buddhist quote on non violence, and you acknowledged non violence when applied to animals, but in the same post even you go on about how these "evil scientists" need to get radiated themselves. Hypocritical much? You're more lost than the scientists.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And 'we' think it's unfair, scary, manipulating, unjust, unwarranted which leaves us with a sense of helplessness when, off-world entities abduct us?

I am not saying an eye-for-an-eye......but come on now. What we're doing to innocent animals that have a RIGHT to live on this planet as much if not more so than we do (and not be own by humans) is worse than what MAY be happening to humans when extraterrestrials experiment with them/us.

This sickens me more than knowing there are homeless people in the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

They do not care about monkeys, they radiate people all the time.

People get so flustered because its animals, but its a laugh when they are torturing people.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

People get so flustered because its animals, but its a laugh when they are torturing people.

When was the last time "they" tortured people without their consent? I don't know if I've heard about many experiments on people without prior consent. But animals do not require consent - they have few rights and no voices of their own and are exploited on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We have to determine it somehow.. Im all for it being monkeys rather than humans... Seriously, look what we have learned by animal testing...

But if you feel so strongly about it I suggest you voluneer...

I'm against animal cruelity but these PETA people just make me sick... They rather displace people(spotted owl incident) or kill humans off before you dare test poor helpless animals.

Save the whales but lets kill off billions of people to get our numbers down to 250,000... I propose the tree huggers go first since they feel so strongly about it...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We could use bugs/insects....ohh wait....PETA got mad at the President when he squished a fly on TV.....never mind.

The government has done much worse than radiating monkeys I can assure you.

Go NASA!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Oh boy, PETA is going to go nuts over this.

You don't have to be a die hard PETA supporter to agree that this testing is another form of animal cruelty and exploitation, which it is.

Just another display of the arrogance and brutality of the human race.

Go watch Earthlings. If the animal testing scenes don't affect you, you're a cruel, cold individual.

[edit on 30/10/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broonie
Just ridiculous! I don't see why the monkeys have to suffer! They say they won't be killed, they will probably be better off dead. As the OP said, why not put death row inmates in a giant microwave and blast them with radiation, leave the monkeys out of it!

I actual agree, well i would prefer if no one got hurt, but its true the monkeys would be better of dead.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So THIS is how it started...

I always wondered what made the monkeys more intelligent in Planet of the Apes...

I guess now we know.... genetic mutations caused from radiation....

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Dang I hope our space brothers out there aren't watching us do this!

Don't we have computers yet that can simulate radiation effects on the body???

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
We have to determine it somehow.. Im all for it being monkeys rather than humans... Seriously, look what we have learned by animal testing...

You're right. The continued testing on animals for products such as shampoo and hair dye has taught us so much. Apparently bleach STILL blinds if you put it in your eye. Just like it has since the invention of bleach. But they STILL test the effects of bleach in rabbit eyes. What are we going to learn from 40 years of testing blindness by bleach in rabbits?

But if you feel so strongly about it I suggest you voluneer...

I'm against animal cruelity but these PETA people just make me sick... They rather displace people(spotted owl incident) or kill humans off before you dare test poor helpless animals.

Save the whales but lets kill off billions of people to get our numbers down to 250,000... I propose the tree huggers go first since they feel so strongly about it...

Wow. What a nasty reply. I still think that death row inmates are the way to go. I'd rather test on those that are headed towards death anyway than make an animal who did not murder multiple people or do awful things to children die. But hey, like I've said before, animals are disposable, right?

And the problem with humans is that we don't respect other species. We would wipe out every species on this earth to save ourselves. Why? Because we are totally selfish and narrowmided. Do I think that the removal of the human race from Earth would lead to the propogation of all other species on earth? Certainly! Will it ever happen? Not unless we head off to the moon.

But your whole "send the PETA people and the 'tree huggers' off first" comment makes you just come of really whiney and bitter. Cheers

Edited for typos galore

[edit on 30/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well if they went to the moon ok all those years ago and the astronauts are all fine from the radiation maybe they should look at the suits they used, but again its the question of did they really go to the moon?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
As you all can imagine...

I don't approve of this particular type of testing. I would favor humans... Death row inmates will do nicely (as previously mentioned). I would also like to remind the humans assembled here, that it was simians and canines that first ascended beyond the surly bonds of this wretched planet.

Go ahead... Laugh now...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Put me in the microwave? Have I commited rape, murder and other inhumane crimes? No I haven't, these people deserve to die so they may as well get some use out of the poor excuses for human beings.

Have a look at this website, do the monkeys really deserve to live like this?

www.all-creatures.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by A TRUE AMERICAN
reply to post by Broonie

The scientists should perform these tests on themselves instead of hurting animals/primates.

I need read no further to realize that you have added my 2 cents for me.
The monkeys ain't no Senators son!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

Good site. Thanks Broonie. Not religious myself, but I do like the added Bible quotes to touch people who are strongly associated with Christianity. I like verses that tell us how to treat animals correctly. I feel like that's really been forgotten in society today.

S for you!

Geez, edited for typos!

[edit on 30/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
As you all can imagine...

I don't approve of this particular type of testing. I would favor humans... Death row inmates will do nicely (as previously mentioned). I would also like to remind the humans assembled here, that it was simians and canines that first ascended beyond the surly bonds of this wretched planet.

Go ahead... Laugh now...

Correct enough is enough.

And NASA said there is no radition worry when sending several men to the moon. Do you think they lied?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Go ahead... Laugh now...

Ha ha, MM. I saw that and thought of Planet of the Apes. Can you imagine our payback or generations of mistreatement?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Do you know how many death row inmates are found not guilty every year? So youd run the risk of sending an innocent man to his death because he didnt have johnny cockran as a lawyer....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join