It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No True Christian has ever been abducted by Aliens! Right?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Jeremiah was a tad of east of egypt...he was a Jew....

OT believes him...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
A true Christian is one who walks the walk that Christ did, putting himself/herself out there to tend the sick, feed the hungry, and teach others the Way. A true Christian(in my opinion) does not laugh when someone speaks about UFO's and Aliens, because we can't be certain whether life exists on other planets. But, as Christians, we also have to be aware of evil in the world, of the "powers and principalities" we battle with.
I have no intention of getting into a long back and forth arguement. If you are not a Christian, that is your choice.
And I'm not OT but in response to which sect are "true Christians" it is not the church that makes one a Christian. It is the condition of the heart. I cannot judge anyone's heart. All I can do is observe their life. If they say they are a Christian, then I watch them. Do they walk the walk? The bible says "by your fruits shall you know them.
I have never heard of a Christian being abducted, although I have heard of cases where "aliens" appeared to Christians at night, following what we all know is the pretty typical abduction script, only to have the "aliens" disapper when the person called on the name of Jesus
Sorry OT, don't mean to answer for you, but I just couldn't let this one pass.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

[edit on 28-10-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

No friend, I'm sorry for not replying earlier...things are a hoping here...

to add:

The Sheep and the Goats

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Matt 25 = source

That about sums up the TRUE CHRISTIAN question...

link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by FlySolo

Thx, nice post...

Why are you settled now?

OT

I'm not settled. I still feel this is bunk! There are more than 1 alien race visiting us. Apples and Oranges. You can't lump them all together.

Still, you've yet to answer my previous questions
1. Why do christians scoff at aliens but agree that they are demons?
2.How can christmas be a pagan date?
3. How is it possible that religions that predate christianity are satanic when christianity begins with the old testament? Are Jews satanic? But yet Jesus was jewish! I know this is the biggest conundrum

link   

reply to post by Miraj

Very insightful post!

Thx for stopping by..

OT

Why do you feel the need to initial each post?

That's what usernames and to a lesser extent avatars are for, you know
to illustrate who the user is etc.

You needn't worry, we all know that you're ''OT'' (or perhaps
even OTT at times.)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
First of all, much of this theory is based on the Book of Enoch, which is not in the Christian Canon. It's not part of the accepted Bible. That doesn't mean that Enoch is incorrect; but it does mean that a "true" Christian won't consider it the Word of God.

Second, another significant part is based on a TV drama, which is fiction. I don't see how that can support much of anything. You might as well rely on the Beverly Hillbillies for accurate information.

Third, you've got "experts" on UFO's, which is already a dubious claim. Assuming there actually are UFO's, no one really knows what they are or what they're doing.

Now, assuming that UFO's do happen, and have been happening throughout history, it is certainly possible that what Christians call "demons" and what modern, non-religious people call "aliens" refer to the same phenomenon. However, in that case, it is likely that both descriptions are imperfect and incomplete. Ancients had to relate them to concepts they understood, such as gods, angels, demons, and so on. Moderns have to relate them to something they can understand, which now would include aliens. What they are might be something we just can't quite wrap our minds around yet.

The use of hypnosis to "retrieve" lost memories is highly suspect. Hypnosis is not admissible in courts, because it is unreliable. It is altogether too likely that the hypnotist will unintentionally suggest a scenario he expects, which the subject obligingly provides. If you look for alien abduction, you're likely to find it, even in someone who hasn't had the experience. That's a serious problem that hasn't been adequately addressed.

The Hebrew of Genesis 6:2 is ambiguous. It is often translated as "the Sons of God". However, the Hebrew could also mean, "The Sons of the Powerful Ones" (the human leaders). The Hebrew is "bnei ha-elohim", "sons of the elohim". "Elohim" often refers to God. When it does refer to God, it is not preceded by the 'ha' (which means "the" in Hebrew).

One of the problems with the notion of these "Sons of God" being angels is that angels do not reproduce.

For in this resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Matthew 22:30)

According to some scholars, the descendants of Seth were holy, while those of Cain (who murdered his own brother) were not holy. When the sons of Seth began to intermarry with the tainted descendants of Cain, this was considered a bad thing. The results of these unions were called "giants". In Hebrew the word is "nephilim", which also means "fallen". So it is reasonable to say that these offspring were spiritually at a lower level than those of Seth.

Now, I'm not trying to say that this version is true, and others are not. I don't know enough to make a confident statement like that. However, what I do want to emphasize is that trying to unravel what the Bible says is not a simple matter.

You've got text that was written thousands of years ago, in languages most of us don't speak. Even if you learn the languages, you've still got problems, since the meanings of words, and even grammar, changes over time. Just look at the language of the King James Version (KJV), written only 400 years ago. Modern English speakers can barely understand the language, and quite often misunderstand the words being used because they no longer mean what they once did.

One of the most commonly used translations of the Bible is the KJV. This translation has many errors in it. Some of these errors are trivial and can be ignored or easily explained. Some, however, are more serious and cause endless confusion. A simple example is the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill". Well, the Bible also commands people to kill sinners, and to fight wars. The commandment isn't about killing. It actually says, "Thou shalt not *murder*", which obviously makes much more sense. There are entire sects of Christianity that are based on incorrect verses from the KJV.

For these and other reasons, I recommend not taking any translation of the Bible too seriously. Every translation is flawed. The meanings of many of the words has been lost, even though you won't find that in most translations. At the very least, compare different translations of each verse to see whether there is good agreement between them. Otherwise you may find yourself making some peculiar conclusions about things that has no solid basis in the text.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Well, awesome then. Are you a Jew for Jesus?

I am.

Jesus came around to enforce the laws set before him. He did not come around to change them.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
...I suspect, but the OT has not confirmed, so this is just speculation, that he is a follower of one of the Restorationist movements. (See diagram on Wikipedia).....

Sweet 'Ishakawa diagram' tho...

But as Bobby D, says "It ain't me!"

OT

PS: Hope you don't leave my last post hanging, with out a response?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

[....Still, you've yet to answer my previous questions
1. Why do christians scoff at aliens but agree that they are demons?
2.How can christmas be a pagan date?
3. How is it possible that religions that predate christianity are satanic when christianity begins with the old testament? Are Jews satanic? But yet Jesus was jewish! I know this is the biggest conundrum

1. Shame on youg ignorant believers!
2. Dates don't mean a thing, just because something bad happened on a particular date, doesn't mean the anniversary is/has to be bad.
3. I never said any religion was satanic, certainly not the Jews

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

Cute!

Sounds like my bride...

sign-off is just habit....I'll work on it ok

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Well, awesome then. Are you a Jew for Jesus?

I am.

Jesus came around to enforce the laws set before him. He did not come around to change them.

No, but God bless you...

Just an ole gentile

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Solid response!

Well thought through...

My hope for most...

I'll reply in more detail tomorrow if i may?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
[...... Nobody is a true Christian except him and the members of whatever religious group to which he adheres......

NO!!!

Just Jesus bro....that simple. If you can stomach it, this is what I believe.

link: www.tonycampolo.org...

Really interested in your and others thoughts on this...

a bit of topic, but you made some erroneous assumptions.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So then, based on what this thread is about we should conclude that:

Though we live in an incredibly large Universe, possibly contained in an even larger Megaverse, containing hundreds of billions of galaxies, which themselves contain hundreds of billions of solar systems, which contain several planets, which sometimes possess their own secondary systems... any and all life originating from them and visiting us from them are all just a bunch of god-forsaken demons......and their space cruisers are now also demons.

It is very unfortunate that this is even an idea to be debated. It shows some of the more primitive thought processes that Religionists actually conjure.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Great post and great post!

I am 100% positive that UFO's and the coming Maitreya / UFO drama is the deception that the Bible warns about. Maitreya says that the "Ascended Masters" (The Fallen Angels) can only arrive when mankind wants them to. That is true, but with a twist. Satan is freed from the Abyss and comes to earth when sin reaches a certain level. So yes, the "Masters" can only arrive when we want them to, in other words, when we use our Free Will to turn away from God and want other "Light and Truth," that they will be all too happy to provide.

UFO's are the Spiritual War (something unseen) materializing into a physical war (something seen). Humans only believe in what they see and when we all see UFO's, most will be deceived. UFO's are spiritual light manifesting into physical false light so we can all see it.

Supposedly the Masters have been watching earth for thousands of years and they will come and help us, just like the Bible says Satan will do when he arrives.

UFO's / crop circles are all Signs And Wonders. Soon they will make themselves known and then we'll see all types of diseases cured, technologies shared and "Truths" opened. Too bad all of those things are available now but held back by TPTB, so of course when the "Masters" come it'll seem like they're performing all types of genuine miracles.

It's time to start seeing, and not with our eyes.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
......There are more than 1 alien race visiting us. Apples and Oranges. You can't lump them all together. ...

I'm not lumping...

but did you know?

Part 10 - More About Demonic Shape Shifting -

Q: Tell me more about the shapeshifting part, please. I have heard about this elsewhere, and this not just occuring during rituals, some people claim to have seen politicians shapeshift, for instance. When you say 'demonic' are you talking about a specific 'demon' or type of demon? Is it possible that these demons are really nothing more than some type of ETs influencing the Illuminati, in turn deceiving them?

A: Since you asked about shape shifting, I will share a little more, but it also relates directly to my own belief system. Can't help it, so I will warn you here that I will be discussing fundamental Christianity and the demonic.

After being raised in a group that glorifies the demonic, I became a Christian years ago. I honestly believe that without faith in Jesus Christ, I could NEVER have gotten out of the Illuminati, and one reason I don't fear for my life when I share what I remember is that I believe that God is able to protect me.

His love is the antithesis of the cruelty and evil that I saw in this group. His compassion and infinite caring and purity the opposite of the sexual abuse and darkness that surrounded the rituals. I believe that God has forgiven my past, I have sincerely asked His forgiveness, or I could not live with the memories of what I did to others (such as getting young girls addicted to drugs, so they would prostitute for the cult, as only one example).

I have renounced that lifestyle, given it up, and only Christianity has shown me the love and forgiveness and healing that I have needed for a soul weary beyond belief after seeing the underbelly of life and the cruelty that human beings are capable of showing to others.

In the occult world, I do believe that there are demons, that they are real, and that they have a spiritual hierarchy that the cult hierarchy attempts to emulate on a physical plane.

There are principalities, and lower demons, and they control the portals into other spiritual dimensions that humans have NO BUSINESS entering. This stuff is destructive in the extreme to people.

The shape shifting was usually in the context of an occult ceremony, by those given completely over to the demonic. Humans took on the form of animals for a period of time, or of hideous looking beings, and they were NOT aliens. This was demonic activity that caused a human to see the demonic revealed, and distorted what they saw.

I have seen people go temporarily "blind" because of the demonic influence. I have seen animals psychically killed, by others coming into a circle and directing their "energy" at the animal. These were not aliens, some of them were people I grew up with, and my own mother (she was strange, but not an alien).

I participated in this as well at times, and I'm no alien, just a wounded human being. I believe that the demonic does have sexual relations with humans, because it is recorded in the Bible (Genesis); God also forbids it as being completely wrong.

In fact, the Biblical covenants are the antithesis of the dark covenants practiced by the Illuminati, and I have found a lot of healing by going to Scripture and seeing how God views our world, and how He deals with the Spiritual realm. He is going to win, and is in the process of winning the battle.

I will share with you a dream I had 2 years ago. I was standing in a large room, circular shaped, with tiers of rows. A large emblem of the world with a wreath above it was on the wall, and robed figures surrounded me. I was before the Supreme World Council (who will rule when the NWO comes in), and they were pointing at me and saying I was a traitor and would have to die.

The sense of darkness and oppression in the room was intolerable, I was choking from it. One of the leaders came forward, and said that I would die a traitor's death, as an example to them all, unless I came back into the fold of "family".

I fought the dark impulse to give in to save my life, then in my mind, cried out "Jesus, save me". Instantly, the love and peace of God filled my heart, I was no longer afraid, and I told him, "No, because you are defeated, you just don't realize it. You can kill my body, but I serve a God who has defeated you and everyone in this room."

I woke up at this point, filled with joy. Now you know why I don't mind answering questions about my past. I believe in a God who is greater than the plans of evil men. They can plot all they want, but in the end, their plans will be defeated.

So ask away, any time, and I will share with you all that I remember. I don't mind exposing them, although I do have a lot of cynicism, as I have noted, as to whether people will do anything about it.

While I respect your desire to investigate, and your openess to any possibilities, I can tell you that as a former lifetime member of the group, I saw demons acting, not reptiles or aliens. I would really wonder about aliens who were as vicious and against Biblical Christianity in particular as the demons I saw.

link: educate-yourself.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

K, I agree, it is a great waste of space huh?

You think they just fly real fast, to get here?

Where are they now?

Do they have a carport waiting area like an airport somewhere? I mean seriously, how fast do these ships fly? Sounds illogical?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Great post and great post!

........It's time to start seeing, and not with our eyes.

Thank you for the nice post...

As you can see you are in the minority, at least on this thread...

Reminded of Isaiah 6

He said, “Go and tell this people:

“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;

be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’

10Make the heart of this people calloused;

make their ears dull

and close their eyes.

Otherwise they might see with their eyes,

hear with their ears,

understand with their hearts,

and turn and be healed.”

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know that Demons can take the form of Aliens just to get that "fear" factor out of the soul so they may increase in strength.

But when it comes down both species hates the other. Aliens aren't afraid of demons (DUE TO THEIR LACK OF A SOUL) and demons don't care, their aim is on man anyways.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know that Demons can take the form of Aliens just to get that "fear" factor out of the soul so they may increase in strength.

But when it comes down both species hates the other. Aliens aren't afraid of demons (DUE TO THEIR LACK OF A SOUL) and demons don't care, their aim is on man anyways.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

There was no intent to hurt or offend.

Just speculation on why you were refusing to answer the question about which groups you consider legitimate Christians (or alternatively to explain why the question is meaningless to you). Endless back and forth about "answer my question" and "I did already, reread the thread" is tedious. Especially when it is used to hide the crux of the position being adopted for the sake of the debate.

And you still haven't answered the question, by the way.

But if my speculation is wrong, OK, that is all that it was, and I emphasized that. I honestly did not intend it to be hurtful. Why would being a follower of the LDS or Adventists be hurtful?

It is quite possible that I did confuse you with someone else. I am sure I identified the issue in a thread that descended into a what is a 'real' Christian thread, and I was pretty sure it was you. If not, I apologize.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join