It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

No True Christian has ever been abducted by Aliens! Right?

page: 3
13
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose
 
The Way I spoke of means following the teachings of Jesus. I can't perform miricles. I can't make the blind see, or the lame walk, but I can make their lives easier.
God is eternal. Jesus was God incarnate, thus eternal. So I guess you could say they were from some other place.
The bible states the Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father. Christians interpret that as meaning heaven. I wonder if anyone has considered that heaven may well be another planet, or more likely, another demension from which spritual, etheral beings may travel to and from earth, and a few highly spritual humans have been allowed to glimpse.



[edit on 28-10-2009 by kettlebellysmith]




posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

Originally posted by virraszto
OT, why is it that you expect everyone to read and give opinion, but you won't extend the same courtesy?


I agree. He is losing a lot of credibility to be sure.





Congrats on your second week on ATS....

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker


Sad to say my lazy skeptics, don't feel the sand in their ears, because of the calouses developed, like II Corinthians 4:4 says, "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Al tho I do pray for them


WW, thanks for joining, I hope some will listen!

OT


Wow, I guess there must be quite a few people who call themselves true believers out there! And have not a clue!

Sand doesn't fill the ears of anyone who searches the truth, within. Sand is what an ostrich sticks their heads into. Sand fills the ears of people who stay still long enough for it to accumulate. Spring cleaning, anyone?



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by OldThinker


Sorry for your loss...


It wasn't, but thanks. The Maricopa county morgue was so backed up at the time, it took to months to get him creamated.

On topic though, could you explain a little more about your topic, because after veiwing some of what you showed, I am confused.

Are you saying Christians are exempt from abduction?

Last time I checked, anyone was available for such an atrocity.

Abductions from humans against humans is an equal opportunity crime.

Why should it be different from Aliens?

\


Could it happen? Maybe?

Don't know of any, do you?

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability
 


Presumably he won't answer because the answer would of course be 'none of the above'. His posts are always on about 'true Christians', and he does not consider Catholics or Protestants to be 'true Christians'.

I suspect, but the OT has not confirmed, so this is just speculation, that he is a follower of one of the Restorationist movements. (See diagram on Wikipedia).

The best known of these are the Mormons (Latter Day Saints and other derivatives) and the 7th Day Adventists.

As you can see from the diagram, Restorationists prefer to trace their lineage to before the institutionalized Roman church, so all other Christians are not 'real' in their view.

The OT likes to suck people into arguments like this. He can't lose because no one else in the discussion knows where he is coming from. They can argue that Catholics or Anglicans or Methodists, or whoever are 'true Christians' until they are blue in the face but it doesn't touch the OT's world view. They can argue all the history in the world, but it doesn't affect the OT's world view. Nobody is a true Christian except him and the members of whatever religious group to which he adheres.



(Sorry to talk about you in the third person OT, but since you only dodge answering the question, I thought I'd provide a speculation as to why that might be, for the benefit of their sanity).

[edit on 28/10/2009 by rnaa]



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OK OT, I see you're not interested in answering any of my questions even for open discussion. Even I've given you the courtesy of watching the clip you posted.

Granted, not all aliens are nice guys but let me throw this at you for a kicker. What if, now what if, these guys are the ones responsible for creating us? Or at least "modifying" us to what we are now. Doesn't this also fall into "God created man in his image"

Speaking of God. What of the GODS that are spoken of in Greek mythology? And please explain why god tells not to worship any other god because he is a jealous god. Sure sounds like more than one god to me.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by FlySolo]



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
...Sand doesn't fill the ears of anyone who searches the truth, within. ....


BR, that sounds nice....OT wishes it were true.

But....."The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

And... "There is a way that seems right to a person, but eventually it ends in death." Prov 14:12

"Within"...is a black hole sorry


OT

PS: "Follow your heart" only works in High School Musicals, really



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


No, good, glad you did...I'm ready!

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by FlySolo
 


No, good, glad you did...I'm ready!

OT



Good, I'm waiting. You've got some catching up to do



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa
 


You know, this was a great post, and I have been baited before, from the threads created by this person, but really think about giving a reply.

This thread was a question, so, obviously, they do not know for themselves.

This person is not looking out for any type of salvation for others, but only making a conviction for themselves, by making this thread a question.



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
...Granted, not all aliens are nice guys but let me throw this at you for a kicker. What if, now what if, these guys are the ones responsible for creating us? Or at least "modifying" us to what we are now. Doesn't this also fall into "God created man in his image" ....




If they are from WAY WAY WAY away, why are they popping in and out? If they traveled all that distance, why not say hi....


You point is valid...no ones knows.



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


A christian is one TOTALLY forgiven...you see God does not exist in TIME, so once he deems it, it affects OUR FINITE past, present and FUTURE...so evil can not dwell/infect where God has forgiven



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability
 


Presumably he won't answer because the answer would of course be 'none of the above'. His posts are always on about 'true Christians', and he does not consider Catholics or Protestants to be 'true Christians'.

I suspect, but the OT has not confirmed, so this is just speculation, that he is a follower of one of the Restorationist movements. (See diagram on Wikipedia).

The best known of these are the Mormons (Latter Day Saints and other derivatives) and the 7th Day Adventists.

As you can see from the diagram, Restorationists prefer to trace their lineage to before the institutionalized Roman church, so all other Christians are not 'real' in their view.

The OT likes to suck people into arguments like this. He can't lose because no one else in the discussion knows where he is coming from. They can argue that Catholics or Anglicans or Methodists, or whoever are 'true Christians' until they are blue in the face but it doesn't touch the OT's world view. They can argue all the history in the world, but it doesn't affect the OT's world view. Nobody is a true Christian except him and the members of whatever religious group to which he adheres.



(Sorry to talk about you in the third person OT, but since you only dodge answering the question, I thought I'd provide a speculation as to why that might be, for the benefit of their sanity).

[edit on 28/10/2009 by rnaa]


That's OK...not sure really where to start...gotta scroll up to see it all...

I defy you to show me where I didn't answer...or will get to.

Catholics or protesants, not true Christians? I never said that/felt that..posted that...are you confusing me with pretribguy or someone else....doubt he ever said that either...

God bless the mormons, and not i am not one in that tradition...

I am a forgiven grateful man....

rnaa, this post hurt a bit, was that your intent?

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by FlySolo
...Granted, not all aliens are nice guys but let me throw this at you for a kicker. What if, now what if, these guys are the ones responsible for creating us? Or at least "modifying" us to what we are now. Doesn't this also fall into "God created man in his image" ....




If they are from WAY WAY WAY away, why are they popping in and out? If they traveled all that distance, why not say hi....


You point is valid...no ones knows.


This goes back to all the disclosure threads lately. It's not going to happen and I agree with you to some degree. Why not say hi? Because, they don't want to. This of course doesn't prove they are "demons"
Mischievous perhaps. Malevolent, perhaps. But not demons.

We are at an age now were we don't describe chariots of fire in the sky anymore, so why should we describe aliens as demons?

Going back to your original question about christians being abducted, well, one could pose the same question regarding possession. It would appear to me that ONLY christians get possessed.

The last point in the clip, about popping in and out and not coming from another galaxy still doesn't prove a thing. Yes, there are inter-dimensional beings. but truth be told, we have no idea how they do it. Bend space perhaps.



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by rnaa
 


You know, this was a great post, and I have been baited before, from the threads created by this person, but really think about giving a reply.

This thread was a question, so, obviously, they do not know for themselves.

This person is not looking out for any type of salvation for others, but only making a conviction for themselves, by making this thread a question.




Thank you for seconding a hurtful, albeit ignorant post....

"This person" answered truth about the HEART and it bothered you...

Truth bothers me, too...

I wish you well...

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 



Thx, nice post...

Why are you settled now?

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker


BR, that sounds nice....OT wishes it were true.


Well then, thanks.


But....."The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9


Well, if you believe the heart is the seat of the soul, and knows all thingsl then you are wrong. Egytians believe the heart was the seat of the soul. How are you a Christian if you are backing up an Egyptian belief?


And... "There is a way that seems right to a person, but eventually it ends in death." Prov 14:12


Breaking news to ya, everyone dies. If you are speaking of spiritual death, and heaven and hell scenarios, well, I guess, you get what you believe in.


"Within"...is a black hole sorry

No apology needed. Sometimes you get what you ask for, even if only in beliefs. I don't go that way, so, you can have your black hole unto yourself.

PS: "Follow your heart" only works in High School Musicals, really


Uh, huh. I'm probably older than you are. I ditched seeing John Travolta in Chicago during a playing of some ignorant, back to 50's musical. You guess it! LOL

Now, though, I really did like seeing productions of "Jesus Christ, Superstar."



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 



-Author Bryan Reeves, also asks why would they travel across the galaxy with a “down with Jesus, up with eastern/oriental philosophy” message? Doesn’t add up to me, doesn’t make sense!

Here's the answer.

Since the same people that claim that aliens are teaching us things... (however they suggest this happens) are also pretty much new agers.. They are going to teach a new age message.

The new age aliens were probably simply invented to sell a book or two.

Any real aliens are probably going to be extremely scientific.



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj
 


Very insightful post!

Thx for stopping by..

OT



posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This argument merely points to one unifying law; die-hard skeptics and die-hard believers that have not fallen prey to the violence frenzied thrashing machine of Abrahamic religious study should be rallying for the exact same thing. The revelation of the existence of extra-terrestrial life, no matter how intelligent, is integral to the evolution of humanity. I am a fence sitter. I am an inquisitive and cautiously skeptical person who would love for ample proof to believe in intelligent extra-terrestrial life to come to light. I do know one thing as absolute fact; present and past events have shown us that Christianity, Islam, and Judaism cannot exist on the same planet. One will bite the other until two of them are left hemorrhaging on the war-ravaged face of earth.

Until humanity is blessed by the knowledge that we are not the sole proprietors of infinite space, and the machinations of mere men are void when compared to the indecipherable eternity of the universe, we are on a path of doom. There is no Biblical God. No Allah. The Sephirot is null.

Through all of the use of prophetic prose and manipulation of the masses, NONE of the schizophrenic cast of players in the annals of Abrahamic religion have proven anything about God. My hope is, before this world is torn asunder, we are able to look our gods in the eye and shake their hands.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join