It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of Revelation: the seals have been opened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just found this article about a 15 yr old stabbing his 14 yr old brother to death over loud music. Now i know brothers can be annoying but if this isnt a sign of the times i dont know what is. If we can see this and not be seriously question our society we have bigger issues than the article to worry about.

Brother against brother, neighbor
Against neighbor, kingdom against
Kingdom, stirring up anger and hate;
But they will perish in so doing.

Two US teenage brothers were home alone in their suburban neighbourhood when an argument over loud music spiralled out of control, police say, leaving one brother dead from a knife to the chest and the other accused of killing him. William Gorzynski, 15, was in juvenile custody on a second-degree murder charge in the Monday afternoon death of 14-year-old Matthew Gorzynski. According to police in Coral Springs, about 72 kilometres north of Miami, Matthew was playing music on a home computer. William was watching television nearby and complained the volume was too loud. He told him to turn it down. Matthew refused. The two yelled at each other, then fought. Then William went to the kitchen, grabbed a 18-centimetre knife and stabbed his brother in the upper left chest, Sgt. Joe McHugh said. William called an ambulance soon after and told the dispatcher he had just stabbed his brother. "It's actually a confession on tape," McHugh said. "He's actually describing what occurred. This was definitely not accidental." The 14-year-old died about an hour later at a nearby hospital. Prosecutors said no decision has been made on whether the teen will be charged as a juvenile or an adult, and no formal charges have been filed yet.

link to article

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

It has been a sign of the times for aeons, Cain and Abel for instance.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I wonder if the seals really have been opened. If so, bring on the bowls and trumpets.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Fighting over music? now THAT right there is incredibly stupid. However, this incident does not mean that revelations is true at all. Crazy in-fighting within families, between friends, cities, and nations have occurred since the dawn of human history.

The only difference is that there are more things that can cause unnecessary conflicts, such as what country controls oil deposits, what city gets the recreational park, what member of a family gets to watch TV first, and apparently fights over music. Sometimes, with horrible consequences.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
At the best of times scripture can be difficult to interpret. Sure what you saying does fit into what scripture says, but it also was like this many years ago and could also continue like this for many years to come.

Wars and Rumors of war. Earthquakes. As far as I’ve lived and learned in History class, we’ve also had these. It always seems like “more” in the present. But look back in History, not just the Big wars, all the rumors too! Which are more difficult to find.

As for Earthquakes, be careful of those that say they have increased. Firstly we have new technology that can record much more sensitive than what we did 20 years ago, so of course if seems like there is more. The other thing is the Earth goes through Cycles, they increase then decrease a little, this can be easily mistaken for ‘what the Bible said would happen’ And then once again these Earthquakes could continue like they are for the next 50 years or more!

The story you post is one of Thousands that happen across the world many worst than this. Again they could continue to happen for the next 50 years!

Unfortunately there is very little given to us in scripture that can “PIN” down an error of time as to where we are in scripture’s time line. Much of what is said has been happening for hundreds of years and can continue happening for who knows how long!

Those few instances where some thing specific is highlighted, often gets shot down by critics of other faith denominations saying that the scripture concerned does not mean what’s being said.

What i have found, is that every Generation thinks they the Generations that will see the things that are supposed to happen!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well this is partially true.

Seals and Croft will be opening for the Deep Purple Reunion Tour this summer.

Summer Breeze makes me feel fine
Going through the jazma in my miiiindd.

Dah dah dah dah dah.

Please shut your Good Book.
Please put it on the table.
Please back gently and slowly away from the table.

Take a deep breath, go to your book shelf. Please grab Bridges of Madison County.

That ought to teach the OP a lesson!

The world is not ending any time soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was merely pointing out that we live is such insane times that a brother will stab his brother over music. Whether this is a sign of the end of times or not it certainly is a bad sign. Yes i know the bible is vague with its predictions and yes i know its full of contradictions and yes i know all the rest. Im simply putting the information out there for people to make their own minds up.

Seals or no seals thing have never been this bad we have centralized power and centralized information. Bible or no bible if we keep going like this something is going to pop. it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. Corruption greed depravity and lawlessness has never been this high or this global so quoting the middle ages doesnt do squat because the middle ages never had youtube or facebook. We are accelerating towards something at a break neck speed that we ourselves dont understand completely.

whether the bible was predicting something specific or the author of that particular section had the foresight to intuit what society would eventually degrade into is not the point. we are living in times like never before. yes there was always death and war in history but never all at the same time and on such a global level.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
well as bad as it was you can can kinda see why if it was something bad like PINK or one of those terrible antimusic bells his brother had switched up....

No is kinda terrible though that brothers would do that....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I am guessing you have never heard of obscure historical events like World War II and I? The Dust Bowl? The Great Potatoe Famine? The Buebonic Plague? or Debbie Boone singing you, you light up my life, you give me more, than I hope fore, it, it can't be wrong, when it feels so right, you, you light up my life. They never released the actual numbers of suicides that occured from people forced to listen to that song, but let me tell you I am sure it was high!

Edit to add that other obscure historical event that really pitted Brother against Brother the American Civil War where some brothers in one family fought for the South and some brothers fought for the North? Casualties in some battles ran as high as 90,000 dead. Millions died from start to finish.

Little more significant than two brothers getting in a fight at home. Wee, I will grant you but still bigger.

[edit on 28/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I will agree that life in this timeline of the chain of events that are apparently unfolding, that things seem to unwrap at a predicted position in time. however one article does not make a fact.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was with you until your book selection. What a houndog that novel was!

I think it's possible the seals have always been open; maybe they were never completely closed, but awaiting the trigger to turn the events.

Still another option is that they never existed, except within the confines of an allegory or metaphor in the mind of the author, John.

Yet another option is that the Revelation was crafted for a time long behind us, and yet another is that it describes phenomenon as seen by men of the past, while looking at future events.

There must be at least 27.2 more possibilities; It's a wonderous time to be alive.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Im not saying this article makes it a fact im just saying its another story in a long series of incidents thats leading down a bad path.

and as for ww1 and ww2 yes they were bad times and horrible things happened. BUT im talking about how much more death and destruction there is now world wide. the first gulf war was started in 1990 and that region hasnt had peace since them i mean its still going on thats 20 years later ww1 lasted 4 years ww2 lasted 7 years.

Not to mention the hundreds of civil wars worldwide. just because the mass media doesnt tell you the world is at war doesnt mean it isnt.

Even the whole swine flu nonsense is i believe an attempt by TPTB to try to emulate the signs of the end of times. Im not saying i buy into it im just saying this is whats going on in the world right now believe what you want.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Honestly my friend, human behavior has remained unchanged for 10,000 years.

Technology changes but we really don't. We still fight wars, commit theft, murder and rape, lie, cheat, attempt to manipulate and deceive one another.

Human behavior is pretty predictable and so are the rises and falls of what humans who always behave the same accomplish.

Basically whether you are Nostrodamus, Miss Cleo, or John it's pretty easy to prophecize and hit the nail close enough on the head to make people scratch their heads and say, "How did they know, how did they know".

They know because we are all a bunch of mental midgets who never learn from our own mistakes and love lying to our selves and each other.

Did you actually read the Bridges of Madison County?

[edit on 28/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Troubles come and troubles go friend. Many of them are manipulated.

Do you know that the Spanish Flu of 1918 that killed 11 million people world wide was probably introduced by the powers that be.

They actually called the war off early, as once Lord Rothschild got the Balfour Declaration out of the English Government promising Palestine for a Jewish/Zionist homeland he just turned everyone's money off and sent every one home.

Didn't matter whether you were winning or loosing the war, that was that. He controlled the banks in Germany, England and the United States and just shut of the tap, everyone make peace and go home.

One little problem, they hadn't managed to hit the quotas of population reduction that they wanted to in the war. Everyone basicaly agrees before hand how many lives they are going to sacrifice because we are all technically slaves. The owners actually barter, trade, and borrow against our future tax revenue and production. They determine before we start to fight how many of us they want to kill off because of over breeding. The Military Industrial Complex that makes the equipment for us to kill each other with is another way to tax us and profit off of us as slaves.

So once the troops got home they introduced the Spanish Flu and over the course of a very long year over 3,000,000 people died in America, another 8,000,000 in Europe. Just in the countries that fought the war!

This stuff has been going on a long time my friend. Don't let it rattle you.
Smart and lucky slaves always know how to survive. Dumb slaves don't.

The question you need to ask yourself is do you feel lucky ? do you?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The following link showcases Edgar Cayce's interpretation of the Book of Revelation. Who can know for sure, but it's a plausible option to consider. Edgar Cayce considered himself a devout Christian, and he was greatly troubled by the results of many of his answers to Biblical questions during his readings. For example, in his dream state he mentioned reincarnation quite often, and he didn't even believe in reincarnation while awake. The following interpretation is quite unusual for a fundamentalist.

Edgar Cayce on The Book of Revelations

[edit on 28-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

So your saying the cycle turns and we are nothing but flotsam and jetsam to be tossed aside by the flow with no ability to effect change in the grand scheme. That an individuals best bet for survival is to find a nice secure crevice in which to hide and ride the storm and pick off the scraps of whats left? If that is what your saying i see the logic and merit in that ideology based on your beliefs. But surely this cycle must end somewhere right. You flip a coin enough times and it will land on its edge. could not one take advantage of that particular moment to make a choice?

You seem to know a lot more than your letting on.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I agree with you completely. We pretend to be so very different and separate from wild animals, and in truth, we're really pretty basic creatures -- we just have shinier toys. We have cyclic patterns that seem somewhat clear to see, and I agree that to presume a continuation of these cycles is not a huge leap of faith. What strikes me with some of these writings is the sheer poetry and turn of phrase.... it is so vivid and visceral sometimes that it makes me wonder if the author was experiencing a vision, rather than just making a prognostication.

Yep, I read the novel. Perhaps I was still in the throes of aggrivation because I read Grisham's "The Bleachers" right before that. Oboy. Unrequited love that has lasted FOR-ever........ and bunch of buildup AND! the startling conclusion........ CONTINUED UNREQUITTED LOVE! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

yes, I have issues.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Here is the problem in a nutshell my friend is that evolution is a slow and tedious process.

The Christian religion isn't so much about spirituality and prophecy based on a faith based Deity as it is a guiding set of principals to live by.

Sadly people don't live by those principals but center on the one thing that harms the most. The concept if you screw up God will forgive you!

So when he says vengence is his...nope, people have to have it for themselves, when he says he is jealous and vain, people figure, I should be jealous and vain too, what the heck, he will forgive me for it, when he says not to put any other G-d before him, people are like, but it's ok to kill someone for scratching my car right?

People love to go to church on Sunday dedicate a prayer to Amen-Ra or two, ask for foregiveness for every crappy thing they did that week and rush home to do some more crappy things.

The long and short of it is people just aren't very responsive or responsible towards the bigger picture. Let the other guy drive a bicycle I have to have an SUV, let someone else feed the starving, gimme a steak, let the other guy turn the other cheek, we should kill those people from that country.

The Powers that Be try to keep our numbers in check and direct and curb our own self destructive impulses and compulsive behavior as much as they can but face it friend, we are all pretty much just selfish callaous neanderthals all out for ourselves and do so many hypocritical things if Joepetto were are creator instead of Jehova our homes would have to miles long just to fit our noses.

Most humans insist on learning the hard way because of ego, vanity, stubborness, willfulness, greed and pride.

Nothing I can do about that friend.

When people have to learn things the hard way, well it's hard.

I just try to stay out of the way. It's a crazy planet!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I understand what your saying but how long can you stay in the shadows? At what point do you try to make a difference?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

I agree with you completely. We pretend to be so very different and separate from wild animals, and in truth, we're really pretty basic creatures -- we just have shinier toys. We have cyclic patterns that seem somewhat clear to see, and I agree that to presume a continuation of these cycles is not a huge leap of faith. What strikes me with some of these writings is the sheer poetry and turn of phrase.... it is so vivid and visceral sometimes that it makes me wonder if the author was experiencing a vision, rather than just making a prognostication.

Yep, I read the novel. Perhaps I was still in the throes of aggrivation because I read Grisham's "The Bleachers" right before that. Oboy. Unrequited love that has lasted FOR-ever........ and bunch of buildup AND! the startling conclusion........ CONTINUED UNREQUITTED LOVE! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

yes, I have issues.

Well I think it would be highly assumptive to not think that the religious books are highly edited and revised from time to time over the centuries.

For centuries Bibles were hand written by luminists who basically made each one a work of art. If you ever get to see the luminated Bibles at the Ghetty Museum in Malibu California they have the largest collection of these luminated Bibles. Basically they used an early form of cellophane by streching cat gut it was so thin to be transparent and then painted them to mimic stain glassed windows depicting religious scenes and icons every few pages. Only Priests, Clerics, Monks, Scripes, and Nobles even knew how to read, and they were almost always written in Latin even though you might be German, or French or English. The only people who could afford their own Bible before the Guttenburgh Press came out during the rennasaince were the rich and the nobles. They paid small fortunes to have their own Bibles hand written, hand crafted and illuminated.

For all we really know, John just said "I tell you this world sure is screwed up it's getting ugly out there, it wouldn't surprise me if one day Jesus just came back and swept it all away"!

16 centuries and 16 pages later when people actually knew how to read and could have their own Bible?

One thing is for sure that even if you look at old Civil War letters even the common person spoke and wrote beautifully compared to what people speak and write like today. Our educational and entertainment standards just go down, not up and that's part of the problem with the world today. Most of us our functionally illiterate. Do a spell check on my post if you don't believe me!

I love to fall in love with women I can never have. Unrequitted loves are the story of my life my friend. Believe me I understand!

Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join