It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scene.....UNBELIEVABLE !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
fourwinds10.com...

Here you go folks. Your elected officials hard at work!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Playing solitaire on any other day or time in our history would be a non issue. But, WTF!!! Solitaire, sports pages while the country and states are in the worst condition in a very long time, is appalling. They want a budget cut, I suggest starting with cutting all of their salaries.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Yeah I've seen that pic before, pretty bad. Here's another example of "lawmakers gone wild" (nobody steal that, might have to make a future video series

[edit on 10/27/2009 by JohnnyR]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Our hard working elected officials. Yeah, no wonder they are so ineffective.
What a bunch of bull #.

This link needs to go far and wide.

Thanks for sharing.

Starred and Flagged.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There needs to be something done about this. Regardless of the fact that they are elected officials, supposedly help run our country, regardless of that, they are still at work. You don't dick around on facebook and play solitaire when you are supposed to be working. In general if you are at work and you get caught doing such things instead of working you at least deserve a write-up. These idiots deserve more than that simply because of the positions they hold. It really is rather sickening.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Imagine if a pilot and a co-pilot did that on a flight to, say Minneapolis.
Oh, wait a minute, they did!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Now Now You guys are looking at this from the wrong angle, something I did not expect from ATS....

Let's think about this for a sec....at least they will be creating LESS DAMAGE to the country if otherwise occupied....the less actual WORK they do, ironically, probably the better off we will all end up.......

(yes I know, cynical much?)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma.prufrock

Let's think about this for a sec....at least they will be creating LESS DAMAGE to the country if otherwise occupied....the less actual WORK they do, ironically, probably the better off we will all end up.......

That's very true, unless they are using the card games to decide how big to make the deficit, or what to do with the budget they have.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Fellow ATSers, Ya'll crack me up...Yes this is tragic, everyone who pays taxes and subsoquently their salaries should march into this place and have a fit. Excuse me but WTFingF? We need to fire our government period.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

We need to fire our government period.

You needed that photo to realize that?

If we fire them, though, then they'd have to WORK. I wouldn't want to frequent any company they end up working for.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
She should click "start new game".
That layout is one of the worst I've seen.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Melissa101

We need to fire our government period.

You needed that photo to realize that?

If we fire them, though, then they'd have to WORK. I wouldn't want to frequent any company they end up working for.

Naw, that shouldn't be a problem professor, they would bankrupt that business as well

Oops need another line, probably on topic would help. I'm starting this Nov 2, I'm going to vote every incumbent on the ballot out
Granted it's only a couple state reps but figured I'd get some practice for 2010

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
fourwinds10.com...

Here you go folks. Your elected officials hard at work!

so you don't think this could have been possibly faked?? i'd problably want to talk to some of the interns there for verification, before biting on this.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

I'm starting this Nov 2, I'm going to vote every incumbent on the ballot out Granted it's only a couple state reps but figured I'd get some practice for 2010

That is excellent advice. If the politicians aren't in power very long, they don't have as much time to develop corrupt connections. I wish we had the option of having a line on every ballot box that reads "None of the above", and if it gets more votes than the candidates for that office, they have to throw out the incumbent, AND the other candidates on the ballot, and come up with new names. That we, we could literally eliminate politicians- just keep checking "None of the above".

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah, I looked at that photo and thought it was fake also.

I could be wrong, but it just seems fake to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Now, if these guys were reading threads on ATS, well, they'd get my vote.

But Facebook, Solataire? Infowars, okay, but sports scores??

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Actually, Hennessy admitted that he did this. Here is his apology letter to his constituents:

Dear Bridgeporters:

By now, readers of the Connecticut Post are very familiar with the Associated Press photos that show me playing computer solitaire during the most recent session of the General Assembly.

It was certainly bad judgment for me to play a computer game during the final House session on the budget. As a result, I am embarrassed and I apologize to each and every person in my legislative district.

Although my actions were inexcusable, I want to assure Bridgporters that my poor judgment in this instance in no way indicates that I ignored your interests on this very serious matter.

Over the past seven months, as a member of the General Assembly’s Finance Committee, I participated fully in the budget process and played an active role in crafting and passing a State budget that provides the necessary services to our communities and minimizes any negative impact on the City of Bridgeport and its people.

Again, I sincerely apologize to each of you and look forward to having the continued privilege of representing you and your interests in Hartford. I thank you in advance for your understanding and have been humbled by those of you who have already expressed your understanding and forgiveness.

Very truly yours,

Rep. Jack Hennessy (D-Bridgeport)

blog.ctnews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
...Really? this is some sort of great offense? WHat are they supposed to be doing, exactly? Listening raptly to blowhards who have already made their positions known one way or the other, blow hot air for for ten to twelve hours?

Solitaire. O. M. G.

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Personally, I think they should be doing this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e5f8bf031e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok Ok I'm sorry I faked it, but seriously they should log on....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
All I have to say is when they were asked why they chose the bailout number that they did:

Q: So why did you choose over $700 Billion for the bailout?

A: We don't really know. We just wanted to pick a really big number.

They didn't choose the bailout based on what was needed. They just wanted to pick out a really big number.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join