learn more

The scene.....UNBELIEVABLE !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Playing solitaire on any other day or time in our history would be a non issue. But, WTF!!! Solitaire, sports pages while the country and states are in the worst condition in a very long time, is appalling. They want a budget cut, I suggest starting with cutting all of their salaries.

yes thats it cut their salaries so they become even more corrupt in the ways they go about getting their riches

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR
reply to post by solarstorm

Yeah I've seen that pic before, pretty bad. Here's another example of "lawmakers gone wild" (nobody steal that, might have to make a future video series

[edit on 10/27/2009 by JohnnyR]

It is this kind of disgusting behaviour by the current politicians that has pushed me into running for for a local comissioners office for next year.

I know that being a County Comissioner will not allow me the opportunity to directly challenge any of the State Reps., but it will give me the opportunity to adress the audiences that can make a difference, ie. the voters. Also, the County Comissioners from where I am from have regular meetings with the Govenor, Lt. Govener, and Texas Senators due mainly for the fact that we have been titled, The Wind Energy Capital of The World.

I think that if MORE of us here at ATS, that are permitted to do so, would take a stand and run for public offices that we could make a good bit of difference and change a good part of this Governmental BS that is going on.

The whole thing about Bloodlines, Bildeberger, NWO, Illuminati, etc. needs to be put aside and we need to take action. Stop using it as an excuse to lay down and start using it as an excuse to STAND UP! If not for yourselves and for your families, then do it for America and what this country USED to be.

Our government wants to give our enemies $2 Billion dollars to stop fighting.

Unemployment rates are soaring, American companies are crumbling, Families are forced into poverty with no signs of hope or relief in the near future .. But our Government wants to give the enemies that we have been embroiled in war with for the past 8 years, $2 Billion!

What is it going to take America? How long are we going to sit on our collective asses and do nothing?

Waiting for the prison doors of poverty and disease to slam behind you is going to be too late.

Run for office and build up the publics strength and power. Inform them on what is going on. Educate them as to what we as a nation need to do. Lead the fight to clear the currently elected out of office and lead the way for the healing and rebuilding of OUR country.

To hell with "Yes We Can!" To hell with "Hope & Change!" To hell with "We're going to stay the course."

Your local elections should be coming up. Find out when. Found out what you can do.

As children we would start each school day by standing up and pledging our allegiance to this country.
As adults, it is time for us to stand once again, and Pledge Our Allegiance to this country, "For which it stands. "One Nation! Under God! Indivisible! With Liberty and Justice FOR ALL!!"

Who among you are strong enough to stand with me?
Who among you will speak with a higher voice for those that are silent?
Who among you will welcome the burden to fight for the weak?

Who among you will do nothing and watch our great nation fall?
It can not be I, nor shall it be you!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Unbelievable ? Nah!
Shocked? Nope!
This is exactly what I would expect to see in a scene like this.
What other results would you expect from those who have it made sitting
pretty. I look at that picture, the first thing I see, before what sites are on
da pudas. I see an enemy, who is most likely privy to a wealth of knowledge and information of things, that the rest of us have not the first clue.
I hate those people.
I have never voted and I never will and I feel righteous for not doing so.

Look at the real enemy people. There they are, the enemies of our country sitting pretty.

They are not leaders! They are rulers all of them, Kings of tyrannys.
I see a scurge.
Someone who will rip your heart out and laugh.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

God I hate politicians, they always think they are above the law. On tv shows about corrupt public officials....there is truth behind it. The only reason it takes so long for them to be caught, or not caught at all is because of the $$green$$.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Nice work with that picture Johnny - if they would only pay a visit

I have seen the OP's image long ago, it's just funny - far, very far from shocking, funny though it is.

Their work is boring and they don't like it, they hate it - they just want to go back home and play WoW or whatever and stop worrying about other people's problems. Only and only reason they're there is because you get paid for pressing buttons, well paid.
There's basically just one or two of them thinking and making actual decisions and doing their job. All others simply ask that person and press the same button or even ask someone else to do it for them while they're playing golf.

I wonder how many of them read ATS, there's got to be at least one.

EDIT: Actually if you guys agreed on at least one thing all together, you could get your own ATS congressman

[edit on 28-10-2009 by SassyCat]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Im getting really tired of seeing these old videos that have been around the web for some time now, we have already seen these videos. Just because they have never been on ATS doesn’t mean your at liberty to post them, plz don’t post every little thing on here. I guess I am just assuming that everybody is as aware as I am. Im not trying to be rude and I do admire your awareness, however I think ATS should not be bothered with such things. Can you dig? This is old news!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

Great modification.

Seriously though, that's an old picture. Timing is nice, those pilots lost their jobs but these guys get to run the country.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

Classic ... nice one !!! ... Oh and of course, I agree wholeheartedly!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sure, it could be faked, but being relatively familiar with the less than satisfactory ways these people run this country, why give them the benefit of a doubt.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Personally, I think they should be doing this...

Ok Ok I'm sorry I faked it, but seriously they should log on....

HAHA, great photoshopping

But, as everyone knows, they have hired government bloggers to deal with ATS & Co., so they can stay relaxed and play solitaire

Ko3

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Although what they are doing is out of order, has no one here seriously not played solitare or looked at the scores or a social website when they are at work?? I know I have.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
...Really? this is some sort of great offense? WHat are they supposed to be doing, exactly? Listening raptly to blowhards who have already made their positions known one way or the other, blow hot air for for ten to twelve hours?

Solitaire. O. M. G.

YES! That's exactly what they should be doing.

What is up with people? They work for you, would you be happy, under any other circumstances, to find your employees playing games while your business is failing?

Imagine, you're business is facing collapse, you rely on getting orders fulfilled and shipped, you rely on your customers being happy with the services you provide, and you walk into your office one day to see every employee ignoring the phones, and playing games/looking at Facebook.

If you would say "oh, it's fine, it's only solitaire", well done, you just went out of business.

The arrogance of these people coupled with the apathy of the public is a serious issue here. Too many people forget that they pay for these people to sit there playing games (and I'll bet it's a considerable amount too). They are your employees, and they are charged with making very important decisions on the behalf of the people.

I'll tell you what, I dare any of you to go into work tomorrow, disrespectfully ignore your colleagues and sit at your desk playing games in full view of your boss, and see what happens.

Seriously, the apathy of the American public is truly astounding.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If you want a government that works vote all these idiots out.

Write in whatukno for any and every position. All over the nation write in Wukky for whatever is open.

I will ensure my candidacy is open and honest as I am the only idiot you can trust.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Although what they are doing is out of order, has no one here seriously not played solitare or looked at the scores or a social website when they are at work?? I know I have.

Peace

Are you paid by thousands of members of the public to represent them in state and federal government business?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

No, I was paid by a limited company with the bosses owning the business and putting their and investors money in. That is not the point, we are all human and have our habits and pros and cons. Although I don’t think it’s right and they should set more of an example but do you not think there are more important issues such as corruption, fraud and generally screwing the American people that they should be thrown out for? This is surely a forgivable misdemeanour.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is one of those issues that bothers me quite a bit.
The argument against these guys is kinda like working for a boss that demands you sit at your desk for 8 hours even though you've done your work in 6(and done it well). But you sit for 2 hours because those are the rules.
Rather than blasting these folks across the board why not look at their voting records, are they voting for things you agree with? Are they for/against the public option? Did they vote to use the TARP funds? On what projects? Pro choice/anti abortion? How many bills have they introduced?
In fact these two folks might be very effective legislators. If they are, they can play solitaire all they want as far as I'm concerned.
Plus, it's the Connecticut Legislature... they get paid 28,000 a year... 28k? It's not like they're doing it for the money.
Relax, do your homework, this is no more indicative of someone's effectiveness than me trolling ATS during work hours... which I would never do... well not much.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
reply to post by detachedindividual

No, I was paid by a limited company with the bosses owning the business and putting their and investors money in. That is not the point, we are all human and have our habits and pros and cons. Although I don’t think it’s right and they should set more of an example but do you not think there are more important issues such as corruption, fraud and generally screwing the American people that they should be thrown out for? This is surely a forgivable misdemeanour.
Peace

I thought the whole point of electing them was that they would be held accountable to a higher authority - namely, us. I think it's magnanimous of you to cut them such slack but as we all know - give them an inch of rope and they will take a mile - all of which they will use to hang us by our throats. I would expect that for a nation who's suffering the worst socio-economic crisis since the Great Depression our elected officials would actually be working the problem. My bad. Everyone deserves a freebie, or 10 or 1000. As for my part, I will never vote again - it's never done me any good anyway.

[edit on 10/28/09 by WickedStar]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Those of you that are making excuses for these chumps, are part of the problem. What will it take for some of you to realize that these people DO NOT care about what happens to us. We voted these people in to look after OUR best interests, yet you sit here and say "Oh we all do it". I vote for people who are supposed to be BETTER than me, people who are the kind of people I can look up to and say "hey, this person is in there doing an honorable service for the people that got them in these positions", but thats NOT happening. When was the last time ANY of you looked at a politician and said "They want what is in the best interests of me, and not themselves"? Think really hard about that. Is THIS what you wanted? Is THIS what you look up to? Is THIS what you want for the future of your children? Wake the (()) up. This country is going to hell, and all we can do is sit here and make excuses for them while the country burns down to the ground.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am not making excuses for these guys. I think they should be working or listening to the guy who's speaking.

HOWEVER, to play devil's advocate, I just wonder how many here who are livid about this spend their time "at work" on ATS or other websites, talking on the phone or talking about non-work-related stuff with your friends at work... How many of you can say that you live up to the standards (100% AT WORK 100% of the 8-hour workday) that you're setting for them with your criticism in this thread? How many of you NEVER play a game, visit ATS, or partake in other activities during your allotted work hours?

If you hold Congress to a HIGHER standard than you hold yourself, I think you might want to think about that.

If this picture is real (and I believe it is) we don't know how long they've been there or what is going on at the moment. The man talking might be talking about the hunting trip he just got back from. We don't really know.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well it pretty much happens everywhere, even in my country.
They just don't care as long as they get their pay check.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join