It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconsiderate ass****

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just needing to vent here.

Picture this....its nearly dark, I am by myself, have no phone, and I have a flat. I pull over into an industrial area and open up the boot and take out the jack, only to realise that the stupid thing is faulty. I look around and its pretty much deserted except for one other car but thankfully the owner is there.

So I wander over, smile, and say "G'day mate. I was wondering if I could borrow your jack for a few minutes. I have a flat and my jack is not working".

And the guys says..... "no"

Thinking perhaps he had misheard me, I kinda laugh and say "Yeah, its the first time I have taken the jack out of the car and its either seized or faulty or something".

He doesnt even look at me...he just says "No. My jack wont fit your car. I am trying to sell my car and am taking photos of it...thats why I'm here"

No???

Who the hell says no?? And that thing about his jack not fitting...what a load of BS.

I asked to borrow his jack...not a freakin kidney. I mean seriously, WTF is that all about?

What a tosser.

Anyway, I went back to my faulty jack and after about 15 mins of coaxing it with an adjustable spanner I got it to work well enough to get the car up high enough to change the tyre.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eternal_vigilance

What a douchebag! Some people are mean.

Of course, did you look like a robber or a rapist or pedo bear or something? It might explain his refusal.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

some people are just jerks. there's nothing worse than being stuck with a flat.

a funny story to cheer you up, a girl i worked with got a flat one morning on the way to work, it was pouring rain and she didn't know how to change a tyre so she called a breakdown service. they told her they'ld be there as soon as possible.

about 40 minutes later a guy pulled up in a van and walks over to the car, looked at the tyre, looked at her and walked up to the window. she, being in a strop because it'ld taken so long for him to arrive, just said "i have a flat", handed the guy the keys and wound up her window. the guy gets out the spare, jacks up the car, changes the tyre and knocks on the window, sopping wet. she opens the window a crack, doesn't even bother to say thanks, snaps the keys off him and winds her window back up.

the guy stormed back over to his van and drove off looking really annoyed. then, just as she is going to pull out into the traffic, a breakdown service van pulled up in front of her.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hmm....sounds like its about time you carried a baseball bat in the car for people like this moron.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I dont think I looked dangerous! Shorts, t-shirt, machete (hehe...just kidding) All I wanted to do was borrow his jack...I didnt want him to change the tyre for me (I am a fairly capable woman and have no issues with changing my own tyre).

I just couldnt believe he said no.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i CANT see any reasons ANYONE to not give u a jack O_o
usualy people on the street are very helpfull when ur car has fu835578 u2407.
even here.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Man that's pretty "Jacked up".

Don't worry, I bet he got a flat later, Karma just might have come into play.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by Slash]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eternal_vigilance
reply to post by whatukno

I dont think I looked dangerous! Shorts, t-shirt, machete (hehe...just kidding) All I wanted to do was borrow his jack...I didnt want him to change the tyre for me (I am a fairly capable woman and have no issues with changing my own tyre).

I just couldnt believe he said no.

Although your avatar suggest a female just wasn't sure that you are a female. Well in that case, this guy must have had some complex issues with woman in general. Its not a matter if your capable of changing a tire, but its a mans natural instinct to help a woman. It bares no difference if she is pretty or ugly, but it usually helps..hehe. In any case maybe he though by turning you down it was kinda of his pick me up line.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Just making sure. Yep dude is a prick.

I would have helped you, (whined about it the whole time) but would have helped you.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yeah, gotta hate those jacks that only work one one particular year make and model of vehicle... and a pretty astounding coincidence that you ran into the only guy in the world who has such a jack.

I know how you feel. I once asked a guy to give me a jump start, and the idiot tells me he "doesn't want to mess up his truck" as if my truck had a highly contagious disease or something. It's not AIDS, it's low voltage!

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he pulled away and I saw the patriotic stickers on the back of his vehicle (I was in my freakin USMC class As when I asked the jerk).

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Yeah, gotta hate those jacks that only work one one particular year make and model of vehicle... and a pretty astounding coincidence that you ran into the only guy in the world who has such a jack.

I know how you feel. I once asked a guy to give me a jump start, and the idiot tells me he "doesn't want to mess up his truck" as if my truck had a highly contagious disease or something. It's not AIDS, it's low voltage!

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he pulled away and I saw the patriotic stickers on the back of his vehicle (I was in my freakin USMC class As when I asked the jerk).

Obviously another moron, just lol'd at the bumper sticker though...

top topics

join