It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Angel-Like Northern Lights

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hi all,

thought I would post this latest picture from Space Weather. Its from the Magnetic storm that hit on Oct 24th 2009.

[img]
[/img]

Its the most amazing Northern Lights I have ever seen. Very Angelic in appearance.

Absolutely beautiful!!

G.

www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by grantbeed]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Amazing picture!
Its astounding to see that the sky can act sorta like a tv screen!

Personal Disclosure: I wonder if bluebeam or haarp can produce such amazing phenomena?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
wow that's beautiful!
(just wanted to say that
)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Beautiful photo!

I have never once seen the Northern Lights, I wish we would see them in the state I live in from time to time.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

S+F!!!

Thats an amazing picture, thanks for sharing!

Just goes to show how beautiful nature and the things around us can be.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ive seen them once in Scotland, but nowhere as strong as this. This pic is from Norway. Pretty common up there. Lucky Norwegians!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is absolutely GORGEOUS!
No Fair..I have only seen very faint Northern Lights.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
STUNNING! Thank you so much for posting that. It's so beautiful and uplifting.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning, this really reminds us the beauty of space and sky..
Sigh, I live in a country where you can basically spot these things pretty easily, yet I have never seen one in person, I'll try to change that though soon.
But, like I and other said; Really beautiful, I have a "thing" for Aurora Borealis anyway

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Loverly! Been seeing lots of Angel shapes in the sky lately. Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Beautiful!
After living in central Alaska for a number of years, I saw Northern Lights a zillion times....and I never got used to seeing them. They were amazing to me, every time!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Takes my breath away, such beauty. One day i may see it for myself but until that day i am in envy of everybody that has seen them.

S+F

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

As beautiful as this picture is, the real wonder comes while watching them. The shimmering and changing of the colours is breathtaking. And the speed at which they change is truly remarkable.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really think the best part of this picture is that someone sees an angel. This shows signs of hope and the belief that there is believe in positivity.

Hmmm, not that I do, but if I were to see something evil. . .would the picture be just as enticing? (hypothetical)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It's indeed beautiful - can't imagine what it must have been like to see it with the naked eye.

Or maybe that's not a good idea - there's something about the image that reminds me of the beautiful angel that emerged from the Ark of the covenant at the end of Indiana Jones - you know, the ones that then turned into scary demons, melting anyone that looked at them (bit like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet

How long does the angel appear, and does it maintain this form, or is this shot a lucky moment?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Angel?

Looks more like a creepy Reptillian to me!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
That's a pretty one.

My favorite ones are when they are multi-colored.

Green is the most common, but still very beautiful none the less.

(ps. I didn't see an angel in the pic, does there need to be an angel for it to be worth viewing?)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
WOW, double WOW! It justifies living in the colder places on earth... (btw, I see a faery in it.. pretty one too
)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That's just beautiful. I might even run to the printshop to get a poster of that to put on my wall.

I also love this one:

www.spaceweather.com...

It's almost as if someone's peeking in through the window to see how we are doing.

[edit on 26/10/09 by Symer]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
great thread. natural art appreciation day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join